Beta Patch 1.1.0 (Clarke) Released [checksum ed47] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
* Symbols of Domination is now available for everyone
* Platypus species portrait and Paradox empire flag is now available for everyone

Even though I already had access to these, I still appreciate this course of action. Respecting your customers is a good thing.

Reactions:
I can't find the change of Corvette in details.
I believe of course you did! But isn't it in Beta?

Corvette nerf? (Game is really unfun untill this is fixed)

Corvette nerf is tied up in the nerf to evasion from new Engine/Thruster techs - while this nerfs evasion acorss the board, corvette's gained the most from these before and will be hit the hardest by the change.

* Impulse Thrusters Chance to Evade reduced from +40 to +20

At final tech-tier, the base evasion is now half what it was. Even with defensive combat computers, that's a max of +40 evasion instead of +60, a difference that gets even larger with percentage boosts. Flagellating Movement and an Evasive admiral, for +20, will now have corvettes that only dodge 48% of shots, instead of dodging 72% of them. That's a huge nerf.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Individualist changes: good.

Pacifist changes: good.

Xenophobe changes: not sure but probably good enough.

Xenophile changes: not sure. Never played as xenophile.

Militarist changes: I think it's too weak now. Might be good enough once ground combat strength actually matters.

Reactions:
Corvette nerf is tied up in the nerf to evasion from new Engine/Thrsuter techs - while this nerfs evasion acorss the board, corvette's gained the most from these before and will be hit the hardest by the change.

* Impulse Thrusters Chance to Evade reduced from +40 to +20

At final tech-tier, the base evasion is now half what it was. Even with defensive combat computers, that's a max of +40 evasion instead of +60, a difference that gets even larger with percentage boosts. Flagellating Movement and an Evasive admiral, for +20, will now have corvettes that only dodge 48% of shots, instead of dodging 72% of them. That's a huge nerf.

Oh thank you for explaining. Now I got it!
By the way, thank you Paradox for this good-multibyte Game!

It seems that the bug with the combat computer modifiers has not been fixed in 1.1

A pity, as it still makes the defensive computer the best one to use is all circumstance, since any damage or fire rate bonus from the combat computers is not applied to the actual ships.

Reactions:
Individualist changes: good.

Pacifist changes: good.

Xenophobe changes: not sure but probably good enough.

Xenophile changes: not sure. Never played as xenophile.

Militarist changes: I think it's too weak now. Might be good enough once ground combat strength actually matters.

The Xenophile Embassy increase is really nice for those empires. Like the one I play. :)

Reactions:
It seems that the bug with the combat computer modifiers has not been fixed in 1.1

A pity, as it still makes the defensive computer the best one to use is all circumstance, since any damage or fire rate bonus from the combat computers is not applied to the actual ships.

Damn. This was a pretty big bug, though I suppose it was only discovered in the last few days. It's a beta patch, I guess, so this fix might make it into the final release - I hope so, it really is a crippling bug, taking away what little player control there was of the way combat plays out.

Nice.

I'm not a fan of the changes to tech cost though. Flat 10% per planet is a lot, especially in the early game when you can not afford to keep up with science buildings and mines. While a tech increase per pop will only really be noticeable in the endgame, at which point it is simple to keep up with it. Even moreso now.

Essentially instead of a smooth progression it is now just a massive bump in the road for the early game and almost neglible later on

Reactions: