• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of if it is a bug, but in the patch comm systems still refer to morale, rather than resolve. The change to resolve otherwise seems to be working.

At least on my existing saved campaign.

Where are the skills tuning and Bulwark overhaul that @HBS_Kiva talked about over a month ago?

pDCrvzI.png

Where are the skills tuning and Bulwark overhaul that @HBS_Kiva talked about over a month ago?

pDCrvzI.png
I chalked this up to the Jordan's comment about how well BATTLETECH lends itself to episodic game development.

Looking at how soon after Launch we'll see FLASHPOINT, I have no doubt that HBS is planning past FLASHPOINT even now. Perhaps Kica's work will be a "Temt-Pole" feature for a Spring/Summer'ish expansion? (Because in my opinion, such Skills Tuning deserves to be an expansion center-piece!)

Or indeed, it may instead be an as yet unsung part of FLASHPOINT, or destined for a Free Update concurrent with FLASHPOINT's November release.

We KNOW Kiva delivers pure gaming gold... it is just the timing that we need to be a bit flexible on at this point. : )

Some problems are so difficult, they need to be fixed TWICE! : )

[Mod edit: Quoted post moved. Let's keep this thread on topic about the patch. Thank you!]

The people who code the game aren't the people who do the localisation, and while the people who do the localisation are doing it (and y'know, hopefully making sure it's not a crap job), the people who code the game have to be doing something to be employed.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Steam:
- Right click on BATTLETECH. Select Properties.
- In Properties view, click on Local Files tab.
- In Local Files tab, select "Verify Integrity of Game Files"

That should fix any core game issues, but if it does not you may need to uninstall and re-install.

If you have mods installed, you need to reinstall them after the game updates are applied (and it's usually a good idea to disable the mods before updating also)

Much appreciated on the info. I'll be trying it out tonight. Danke

Now if only there was an option to put Dekker on the wall before he dies. So the crew can , like, physically Velcro him to the bulkhead so as not to jeopardize the mission.

Great list, but I'm very concerned about one thing.

How can we ultimately get the Kell Hounds in game when you've disabled Phantom Mechs?!
Hahahahahahaha

My feedback on 1.2 BETA.

1. Nice update! Runs generally smooth.

2. Had problems escaping the intro movie with ESC (but worked eventually).

3. Comms system says morale instead of resolve. Does it actually give any resolve though? Didn’t notice that it did...

4. Distracting with the %-sign in missions. Now that resolve goes to 100 its really unnessesary to have ”%”. Could just say: When you have 50 resolve you get +1 to hit.

5. Would like a tear down in missions how many of my resolve points come from what (in my last mission I gained 21 resolve per turn. Had I think 3 comms system and Morale of 30. How does that become 21?) Also, would like the text to say how much resolve I gain from incapacitating an enemy. (In my mission I noticed it was 10).

6. Switching to sales tab in store still takes about 15-20 seconds. Really annoying. Selling multiple things at once works great though! :)

Edit:

7. When jumpship has finished charging it is a 3-4 s freeze before jump movie is loaded, that wasnt there before.

8. Could swear that the entire game just runs a bit smoother. Like 10%.

Last edited:
As I said in my first post, I don't expect to always win. This is one of those times. *shrug*

I voluntarily chose the unbeaten path, the long road, the difficult hike. I just had high hopes of another great title to play, by a dedicated, passionate company. It is still a great title to play (or so I've been told), just not for us.

It's not even particularly funny to read all the great features and fun and fixes of the game from you guys in the forum without brewing a very bitter taste in my mouth. I'd really wouldn't want to feel this way, but, well... I can't help but feel my money was not wisely spent, that's all. I should have put a token "thank you" contribution to the people who entertained me since Battledroids, and just forget about the game. I'll get over it, thanks for your concern.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

Please consider: Expressing one's criticism or opinion in a respectful manner is appreciated as it helps inform the entities of community interests as they make decisions going forward, even when the respectfully phrased criticism or opinion reflects an unhappy feeling. However, it's not the same behavior as consistently posting the same negativity repeatedly in the same thread or especially across threads. Thats what would lead to such being either opinion spamming, or trolling others depending.

Also: Community members are welcome and encouraged to express respectfully phrased criticism and negative opinions, but not to make it personal or wage a campaign in doing so.

Sometimes the how of a message is the problem, not the why of it. In this case there are community members that I would encourage to please consider the how of communication in posts moving forward.

Tldr, post without flamebait please.

Thank you

First impression of 1.2:

Dear FRAG it is easier to manage the save games. For a kick off, it actually deletes them immediately, not having to take a few seconds. That ALONE slices the time management apart, as does turning the warning off and making the scroll issue.

The save management was my single biggest gripe about the game this far.

*salutes team*

After few hours in 1.2 beta:
  • I saw at least 2 new maps! this is a VERY nice developement.
  • The AI got stuck in 2 of the old maps. Remained stationary behind a cliff, and could / would not move. Whatever change you did on this, it is not working. I think it might be worse than before.
  • The new ballistic/energy/missile weapon icons look nice, but not implemented on all screens. The store that is accesible through the mechbay still uses the old icons.
  • The new resolve/morale system is not adequately explained. Is there an explanation somewhere about it and on how it works?
I am still waiting for a quality of life improvement on skipping the system-to-sythem travel cutscenes. The jusmpship video cannot be skipped for some undefined reason, and I still have to press Esc to skip all docking/undocking videos each and every time. Will the game break if I just delete the videos from my game so that I do not have to ever see them again? Can you add an option so that I will not have to find out? Finally there are sortcuts in the game that are not listed in the game binding list. Most notably the screenshot sortcuts are not mentioned anywhere in the game as far as I have seen. They should be added to the key mapping screen.

So how about fixing the issues with MP sometimes joining a match takes multiple times.

or a leaderboard for MP..... or anything

Also how about fixing it so you cant jump in place and get Bulwark.....yeah thats a nice one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.