• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think. They did all that in the patch while addressing time off, expansion plans, hiring, conventions, ect...

I was really hoping for some quality of life improvements to the navigation starmap. It would be great to be able to filter star systems by difficulty, employers, and tags. For example, show all the 5 difficulty systems with ComStar as a potential employer and the Former Star League Presence tag. If this is implemented, it will hopefully allow more than one tag to be selected at a time.

A "refit-to-default" button would also be nice for the Mech Lab.

Thanks for the continuing patches and support!

So how do I opt into this beta branch? Steam is asking me for an access code.

Edit: NM I decide to just guess and "paradox" appears to have been accepted. Downloading now.

Last edited:
I just finished two procedural missions in beta 1.2.

No problems cropped up.

I like the improvements to the buy/sell screen.

The new brighter unit shades really *POP* when used as an accent color.

I didn't encounter any new events so can't comment on those.

Opfor units appear to be more spread out than before...but my sample size of two missions isn't enough to conclude much about that.

Downloading the 1.2 Beta now.

I've not participated in any of the Beta Testing/Stressing since BATTLETECH Launched back in April.

This patch has so much in it that it proved absolutely irresistible! : )

I just finished two procedural missions in beta 1.2.

No problems cropped up.

I like the improvements to the buy/sell screen.

The new brighter unit shades really *POP* when used as an accent color.

I didn't encounter any new events so can't comment on those.

Opfor units appear to be more spread out than before...but my sample size of two missions isn't enough to conclude much about that.
I'll be including my own observations here about Update 1.2 in very short order. it is good to hear that your experiences have thus far been positive and relatively problem-free. :bow:

I started a new campaign with 1.2
Ironman with some options turned up - but not all of them I tried that and got my butt kicked
Skipped the tutorial and took my time on the first mine mission and got through with all my limbs intact
Run 4 or 5 random missions and probably going to do the first story mission next.
Like the new brighter paintjobs available with 1.2
No problems so far.

Loving the BATTLETECH TL: DR : )

Quick Start.png

So 1.2 Bug Reports are just noted as such in the Bug Section of the Forum?

Any chance that there is a vid on how to deal with the game update issues with STEAM? Not a computer guru/tech guy:eek:, and the meds im taking dont make me a very happy go lucky guy:mad:. Dont want to have ta purchase another computer due too getting frustrated with that issue:(. Would rather play with big stompy robots:rolleyes:

• Added ability to create custom names for manual saves
This is much appreciated. Even with not-quite-ironman games, I like to keep saves at pivotal points in a campaign just to replay them, and I think it'll be happening a lot more with the upcoming Flashpoint mini-campaigns.

It is a gross amount of fixes holy hell.
That's just a gross amount of points...
I get it! ;)

I wonder if Dekker has a little something special when he shows up on it.

Would be a great in joke.

Kiva has the credit for having chiseled a new Battletech legend.
Now I'm tempted to write an event where one of your pilots hears a rumor that you've reserved a spot on the wall for them.

Any chance that there is a vid on how to deal with the game update issues with STEAM? Not a computer guru/tech guy:eek:, and the meds im taking dont make me a very happy go lucky guy:mad:. Dont want to have ta purchase another computer due too getting frustrated with that issue:(. Would rather play with big stompy robots:rolleyes:

In Steam:
- Right click on BATTLETECH. Select Properties.
- In Properties view, click on Local Files tab.
- In Local Files tab, select "Verify Integrity of Game Files"

That should fix any core game issues, but if it does not you may need to uninstall and re-install.

If you have mods installed, you need to reinstall them after the game updates are applied (and it's usually a good idea to disable the mods before updating also)

So how do I opt into this beta branch? Steam is asking me for an access code.

Edit: NM I decide to just guess and "paradox" appears to have been accepted. Downloading now.

The public_beta in Steam does not require an access code. Simply select 'public_beta' in the BETAS tab of the BattleTech properties.

The access code field is specifically for private betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.