• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quite a good read you conjured up there Gelra!

I find it especially pleasing that you put some thought in your actions showing us all a lot of detail and providing quality insight.

May I ask a question though, I understand that red blood drops used to designate members of your dynasty. What do the prevalent yellow and the single black drop mean? Those seem to be members of the your dynasty as well.

Yellow is close family

Great AAR, but it seems that historical start-up and research was poorly made. Instead of Grand Principality of Kiev we have Galych, which I guess is supposed to be Halych-Volhynia which didn't exist at a time. Oh, and someone apparently made a mistake while copy-pasteing flag instead of coat of arms from this wikipedia article. ;)

Yellow is close family

Thank you.

So with each generation your ancestors' progeny will more and more alienate with your own branch thus loosing good family relations I suppose? Does family at a certain degree of relation mean a loss of the status of same family/dynasty? Does close or far off family status influence more than diplomatic relations and the strengh claims?

As you can see in the pictures and text thrashing mad, there is a duchy of Kiev around.:) Delra just has Galich as his main title.:)

Why do you say that? There's not much point betaing a modded game.

Despite the dubious syntax, it seems pretty clear the poster meant to phrase that as a question. He was just pondering whether this AAR was written under vanilla rules.

And given Paradox' usual stance against modding beta installs, I think it's safe to say nobody would make a beta AAR with a modded install.

As you can see in the pictures and text thrashing mad, there is a duchy of Kiev around.:) Delra just has Galich as his main title.:)

Yeah, but Kiev should be his primary title (Galych was established in 1124 according to wikipedia).

Another nitpick/suggestion. Could you rename 'Sieradzko-Leczyckie' province in Poland to 'Sieradz-Leczyca'? 'Sieradzko-Leczyckie' is an adjective and makes no sense.

"... historians will argue: ..."

Hilarious, simply hilarious; many thanks delra. :)

I too very much enjoyed that part. This was a very nice beta AAR; thanks very much delra!

General comment and question about the game: I'm getting the impression that CK2 has a lot more detailed management than CK1. In short, it will be deeper and, likely, more difficult. I'm not saying that's a bad thing -- quite the opposite, as IMHO CK1 is much easier than the EU games. I just wonder if one of the betas or the devs can confirm or refute my impression.

This is a very good AAR!

This is an awesome AAR, and it has helped rekindle my interest in Crusader Kings II. I was very excited about the first one before release. I remember the development diaries with that Russian development team (wasn't it called Snowball Entertainment or something?). However, after that all fell through, the final product had a lot of problems. After a bunch of patches and DV, it was a lot better, but I still don't think it quite hit the sweet spot hit, at the time, by EU2 and Victoria 1 (especially after a few patches and -definitely- after Revolutions). On top of this, Victoria II was a bit of a let down for me. I still look forward to AHD, but it just wasn't as robust as I hoped. As such, my enthusiasm has always been mid-level for CK2.

Still, this sounds like a lot of fun. God knows I'll get it either way. It's just a matter of day 1 purchase vs. first real sale purchase.

I was just asking a question, I wasn't implying that he modded. I'm just curious about all the little changes I keep seeing in different reviews. :)

It's a fair question. No, I didn't mod my game in any way.

Is siege is still per barony as plan or when you win siege against one province you capture all the barony in it? Looking at the pic looks like siege is per county/province not per barony?