• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As was the case with Beta 1, I am unable to successfully install the AGC. What happens is, once it says it is ready to install, I click next and it goes to an adverstisement for setup2go... and it doesn't install anything. :confused:

I did check the setup2go website, and couldn't find anything about this in the FAQ. I guess it is just something wrong with my machine...

Originally posted by Mad King James
weird...
well, you can always set it up manually.

This is what I've been trying, actually. Is there any guide somewhere which explains how to use moddir?

If you ever consider trying another install program, I would recommend this one: http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/ It has a great name. :D

to use a moddir, you make a shortcut, open the shortcut properties, and where it says

c:\something\something\eu2.exe

make that:

c:\something\something\eu2.exe c:\something\something\agc

to use a moddir, you make a shortcut, open the shortcut properties, and where it says

c:\something\something\eu2.exe

make that:

c:\something\something\eu2.exe c:\something\something\agc

I've done that, and it loads fine.. but no "Alternative Grand Campaign" is listed in the scenarios. So, I did move the .eug scenario into the EU2 scenarios folder and tried again, it listed it... but when I tried to load it I got the errors associated with it not being loaded from moddir, even though I DID use the shortcut I created.

hmm it could be that there are spaces in the path you're using, that sometimes screws things up...

try copying the contents of your EU2 folder into like.. c:\games\eu2 then try again

hmm it could be that there are spaces in the path you're using, that sometimes screws things up...

try copying the contents of your EU2 folder into like.. c:\games\eu2 then try again

Ok, workd fine now. Thanks. :)

It almost feels like playing EU3, rather than EU2... :D

I downloaded the AGC, and when i clicked install it didnt do anything but create a file named "setup.txt" which had the following inside

¤¼°²²°±¢òõ¾??“–œž‹–?‘_±ž’šÂ¾¸¼òõÎÏÏάš‹Š?͸?ߪ‘–‘Œ‹ž““òõÎÎÏμ?‘™–?’ß¹–“šß»š“š‹–?‘òõÎÎÏ;?šß†?ŠßŒŠ?šß†?Šßˆž‘‹ß‹?ßœ?’?“š‹š“†ß?š’?‰šßÚÎßž‘›ßž““ß?™ß–‹Œßœ?’??‘š‘‹ŒÀòõÎÍÏÎÂ_š’?‰šß¯??˜?ž’ß¹??’ߦ?Š?ß¼?’?Š‹š?òõÎÍÏͪ‘–‘Œ‹ž““߈–““ß?š’?‰šß‹—šßŒ?™‹ˆž?šßÚÎß™??’߆?Š?ßœ?’?Š‹š?Ñ߯“šžŒšßˆž–‹ßˆ—–“šßšžœ—ß?™ß‹—šß™?““?ˆ–‘˜ßœ?’??‘š‘‹Œß–Œß?š’?‰š›ÑÑÑòõÎÍÏ̪‘–‘Œ‹ž““ßœ?’?“š‹š›Ñ߬?’šßš“š’š‘‹Œßœ?Š“›ß‘?‹ß?šß?š’?‰š›Ñߦ?ŠßŒ—?Š“›ß’ž‘Šž““†ß?š’?‰šß–‹š’Œß?š“ž‹š›ß‹?ß‹—šßž??“–œž‹–?‘ÑòõÎÍÏ˪‘–‘Œ‹ž““ߌŠœœšŒŒ™Š““†ßœ?’?“š‹š›ÑòõÎÌÏÎÂ_š’?‰šß¬—ž?š›ß¹–“šÀòõÎÌÏÍ«—šßŒ†Œ‹š’ß–‘›–œž‹šŒß‹—ž‹ß‹—šß™?““?ˆ–‘˜ßŒ—ž?š›ß™–“šß–Œß‘?ß“?‘˜š?ߊŒš›ß?†ßž‘†ß???˜?ž’ŒÑ߶™ßž‘†ß???˜?ž’Œßž?šßŒ‹–““ߊŒ–‘˜ß‹—–Œß™–“šßž‘›ß–‹ß–Œß?š’?‰š›Óß‹—?Œšß???˜?ž’Œß’ž†ß‘?‹ß™Š‘œ‹–?‘Ñß¾?šß†?ŠßŒŠ?šß†?Šßˆž‘‹ß‹?ß?š’?‰šß‹—šßŒ—ž?š›ß™–“šÀòõòòõò³šž‰–‘˜ß‹—–Œß™–“šßˆ–““ß‘?‹ß—ž?’߆?Š?ߌ†Œ‹š’Ñ߶™ß†?Šßž?šß‘?‹ßŒŠ?šßˆ—ž‹ß‹?ß›?Óß–‹ß–ŒßŒŠ˜˜šŒ‹š›ß‹—ž‹ß†?Šßœ—??Œšß‹?ß‘?‹ß?š’?‰šß‹—–ŒßŒ—ž?š›ßœ?’??‘š‘‹Ñòõòòõò¹–“šß‘ž’šÅöÚÎòõò³?œž‹š›ß–‘ÅöÚÍòõÎËÏÏ»š‹ž–“ŒòõÎËÏλš‹ž–“ŒÑÑÑòõÎËÏͪ‘ž?“šß‹?ß›š“š‹šß™?“›š?òõÎËÏ̪‘ž?“šß‹?ß›š“š‹šß™–“šòõ¤¬·¾_º»¹¶³º¬¢òõ¤¬«»¹¶³º¬¢òõ¤¾¯¯¹¶³º¬¢òõ¼Å£¯??˜?ž’ß¹–“šŒ£¯ž?ž›?‡ßº‘‹š?‹ž–‘’š‘‹£ºŠ???žßª‘–‰š?Œž“–ŒßÍ£Œš‹Š?Ñ“?˜òõ¤¾¯¯¹°³»º_¬¢òõ¤¾¯¯»¶_¢òõ¤_º¸©¾³ªº¬¢òõ¤_º¸º±«_¦¢òõ¤_º¸»³³¬¢òõ¤_ª±¾¯¯¬¢òõ

Any help?

Originally posted by Kevyinus
I downloaded the AGC, and when i clicked install it didnt do anything but create a file named "setup.txt" which had the following inside

Any help?

This is exactly the same problem I had. :(

The way around it is to download the .rar version (korath has a link to it earlier in this thread), and set it up manually. I had a bit of trouble myself, but read MKJ's post and you should have no problems.

It's been reported that you can also leave it installed in the usual place, so long as your link uses the shortened win95ified directory names (e.g., C:\progra~1\strate~1\europa~1\AGC instead of C:\Progam Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2). I haven't tested this myself; most of what I use Win9x for is games, so they've got their own C:\Games directory to go in.

One of these days I'll sit down and learn an installer scripting language, but in the mean time we must suffer along with the freeware one I found ;)

Originally posted by Kevyinus
The RAR worked thanks :) Its strange tho it didnt work, I hav WinME so :rolleyes:

Hey, I am using WinME too, so maybe that is the problem. :confused:

Anyone else who uses WinME have a problem with the installer?

In my install (AGC 2.3), Morea is owned by "User Defined"?

Have I done something wrong here?

Originally posted by Duuk
In my install (AGC 2.3), Morea is owned by "User Defined"?

Have I done something wrong here?
Did you start via the AGC icon?

I keep seeing references to an AGC icon, but I don't have one even though I selected that option in the installer.

Where is this icon, or barring that what does the proper shortcut need to be?

Duuk

The installer should have dumped an icon on your desktop. Barring that, the shortcut should be something like C:\games\EuropaUniversalis2\eu2.exe C:\games\EuropaUniversalis2\\AGC, and set to start in C:\games\EuropaUniversalis2\

(Assuming that you have installed EU2 in C:\games\EuropaUniversalis2\ of course :))

Additionally, the installer should have created a "The Agc" folder in your startup menu, that also contains the shortcut. Before running the AGC the first time, you must run the configurator (also available through the startup menu) and save the settings you desire, even if you desire the default settings This creates a set of include and event files based on your choices which is used whenever you play the AGC. Until the next time you change them, that is. Hope this helps. :)

the installer didn't actually do anything at all

When I created a shortcut using the targets I found in this forum, it still opens as "user defined" all over the place.

So. I like the concept of the AGC, but I may have to wait until it's later betas to install and try it :(

Duuk