• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mad King James

Buzzkill Extraordinaire
66 Badges
Jan 18, 2002
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
I think Korath deserves a big hand from everyone for his amazing efforts on Beta 2. With that out of the way, I hand off PR to our most capable Angelos to spread the news :D

AGC Beta 2
Bugfix 2.2

Oh and Caliga, when you're able I'd like you to start up a testing thread too :) try and break the new beta ;)

Last edited:
Please note that it is almost entirely untested.

(Let me repeat that. Almost no testing has been done.)

I did confirm that the scenario starts without error with the default settings, with all settings on, and all settings off, as well as with spot checks if something looked fishy.

(And, cripes. The installer almost doubled the rar size. :))

Please note that you'll want to run the configurator (from the start menu) for full effect. Otherwise, it'll look depressingly similar to Beta 1.

Last edited:
VIRUS ALERT!

While downloading the file that MKJ posted, Norton AV alerted me to the presence of W32.Elkern.4926. (The file is now clean-- I'm keeping this post up for those who might have downloaded the file before I caught this.)

From http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.elkern.4926.html

This is a new variant of the W32.ElKern.3326 virus. This variant is dropped by W32.Klez.H@mm.

Symantec offers a tool to remove infections of all known variants of W32.Klez and W32.ElKern. Click here to obtain the tool. This is the easiest way to remove these threats and should be tried first.

Note: Virus definitions and the W32.Klez Removal Tool (which also removes ElKern infections) dated from September 10, 2002, have an innoculation feature. If infected files are repaired by Symantec AntiVirus products or by the W32.Klez Removal Tool, those files will not be reinfected by W32.ElKern.4926.

Differences in this variant include:

A recognition algorithm to guard against infecting self-extracting .rar and .zip archives (first seen in W32.ElKern.3587)
An improved encryption algorithm in an attempt by the virus author to make detection more difficult
Removal of the destructive payload

Also Known As: Win32.Elkern.c [AVP], W32/Elkern.C [Sophos], Win32/WQK.C [CA], PE_ELKERN.D [Trend], W32/Elkern.cav.c [McAfee]
Variants: W32.ElKern.3587, W32.ElKern.3326
Type: Virus
Infection Length: 4,926 bytes
Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me
Systems Not Affected: Windows NT, Macintosh, Unix, Linux

Last edited:
EDIT: agc_config.exe got corrupted somewhere between my site and the installer, most probably by that virus. I've removed the link I had posted to it here, since the file (which shows a blank white box as its icon and crashes immediately on running) now serves as a handy heads-up that you ran the infected installer.

Last edited:
Hmm I think the tech guys should know about this considering I compiled it at my school :(

*sigh* I'll recompile at another station, including the fix for the config

Usually I trust my school's network to be clean, I'll go warn the guys downstairs.

You seem to have more info on it than I do, I'll promote you to temporary setup file umm scanner/warner ;)

Dude, as a former student lab assistant, school labs are probably some of the most contaminated places on the internet. Heck, most virii are proably written at schools. ;)

Not more knowledgable, just luckier. NortonAV 2002 auto updates the virus definitions constantly. This is a new varient. Just lucky I was cruising through and said, hey, lemme try the new beta. :D

Last edited:
My school has multimillion dollar equipment and some of the most paranoid techies you'll ever meet ;) If I try and bring a drink into the DVD authoring lab they come running :D

Anyhow I filled out an EFR, shouldn't happen again

For the (justifiably) paranoid (and those with slow links):

The raw, installerless files can be downloaded here. This requires Rar 2.90 or greater to extract, should be extracted directly into your EU2 directory, and should not be used if you don't understand how to make mod dirs work. You'll also want to make a shortcut to <EU2 home>\agc\agc_config.exe.

...and I cut myself shaving, and they're dropping the bomb: it's just one of those days...

Last edited:
Excited/ Country Choice

Im looking forward to trying out this community effort by the fine programmers here.
Ive read in the read me file that all technical errors are to be blamed on Korath....you guys are funny.:p
I downloaded the file at 7pm EST and it went fine,thanks Korath.
Any suggestion of a test country I should go with on my initial run of AGC? Or just go with the flow! (I guess I was thinking along the lines of which country's timeline would involve me in the most events/ nation ratio situation. Stresing as well that I'm not here for the numerical plethora of events, but to enjoy the quality and quantity of historical happening that you fine fellows worked on)
I will also test the historical parser Treedom made (found in EU2 discussions) which is a historical timeline utility that benefits AAR writing on EU2 single player games.

Thanks,
Crinkled Skull

Thumbs up on a very good job, everyone, and a big thank you to Korath for the momentous task of integrating.

As anyone who has been visiting the bug forum lately can attest, Korath has been very busy :D

Now, let the bug hunt and integration begin! My favourite until now is that there is only one province left with Mongol culture, and that is Jehol in China, whereas three Central Asian states have Mongol as a state culture. :D:rolleyes:D

Keep up the good work :)

I'll start testing tonight, but unfortunately the release timing is extremely bad for me... on Saturday I'm visiting London for a week and won't have any PC access at all. :(

-Caliga

Have been having CtD problems which will not reload from autosave files. Don't have a lot of details, but they were with different setups, playing completely different countries (Romans and France) but both roughly in the 1455-70 timeframe.

Tech-wise, I made a clean install in a new directory, and applied the NA 1.05 patch, then the AGC patch (beta 2, post-virus). No other changes were made.

Also, just a suggestion. The installer creates a desktop shortcut for the game - but not for the configurator. It probably should.