• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are these bugs?

I started an AGC (my first one) as Portugal. I noticed the following quirks, and I'd like to know if they are bugs or normal for the ACG:

1. On April 17, 1419 I got a message in the screen log saying Bohemia had converted to Protestantism.

2. Portugal started with "temporary casus belli" on a bunch of states "till 1821". These states were mostly in India and Northwest Africa, including Morocca, Fez, and Algeria but not Tunisia.

Is this to set up the historical expansion of Portugal without bothering the player with excessive stability hits? If it is, I have a bit of a balance issue going in my game.

By using the temporary CB's and by manipulating their alliance, I have conquered everything from Sahara to Tripolitania, with the exception of Toukbal and Tunisia, which I vassalized. This is by 1426. I force-annexed Fez and Algeria after they declared war in support of their alliance partner Morocco, even though I had a truce with them and Fez was my vassal from the first war.

This doesn't make much historical sense, but from a gameplay perspective the "temporary CB's until 1821" make it way too attractive. I can lock in several excellent provinces (two grain, one copper, one iron) and effectively remove some potentially irritating opponents entirely. The only risk was when Castille dishonored my alliance and took the opportunity to blitz me with her alliance partners Navarre and Aragon while all my armies were in North Africa ;-)

Is this the way the ACG is supposed to work for Portugal?

Thanks,

Qualm

Chinese Timetravellers

Lo.

Possible bug, not sure. Playing as China I found Tibet to be my vassal, wahoo. However it states that Tibets vassalage started in FEB 1700!!!! Is this deliberate to stop China diploannexing Tibet or is it a bug?

Keep it up Korath, we all love you;)
A.

Re: Chinese Timetravellers

Originally posted by Ayeshteni
Lo.

Possible bug, not sure. Playing as China I found Tibet to be my vassal, wahoo. However it states that Tibets vassalage started in FEB 1700!!!! Is this deliberate to stop China diploannexing Tibet or is it a bug?

Keep it up Korath, we all love you;)
A.

It intentionally included to prevent China from annexing Tibet.

@Qualm

Bohemia is not a bug. There are Hussies (Defenestration of Prague).

Portugal temporary cb will be reworked once colonial events will be ended (soon). anyway Portugal should historically have cb on Marocco, Fez and Algiers in 1419. It should end about 1470, so nothing can be done to stop warmonger like you from annexing these countries. Remember that initial money input for aising stability is about 60 for Portugal. After conquering 3-4 african provinces it will be about 300, maybe more. Your monthly income is probably not higher than 20-25 for now. And you get high revoltrisk (different culture and religion, +3 RR for the tax collector). I'm not sure if there are worth of conquest :).

I think that Portugal cb needs to be reworked once the events will be installed. I removed some cb from the events posted to avoid repeating but more historical way is to give cb in India nad Indonesia via event.

Maybe it has been mentioned before but Ansbach starts out as a province of the Palatinate instead of Bavaria. Bug or intentional?

Byzantine Renaissance Event

The peace of Bursa Renaissance event does not seem to work well. I vassalized the turks, offered them Turkish Anatolia, they accepted... and nothing.

I made another event, just exactly the same as #80320 (but with the event 80319 as a trigger) and made the turk event trigger the new one instead of this with the peace option and with the other option sleeping the new event. That way it worked.

I consider the failure of Bursa a mistake too. Declaring war by event in those conditions is too much. If the Turks refuse the peace and break the vassalage the roman empire player (because only a player would have reached this point) will declare war... breaking a truce! This makes no sense, since it was the turks the ones who have refused peace.

It should be the turks breaking the truce, declaring war after breaking the vassal thing, OR the Roman Empire just gaining a like 1200 months CB on the Turks for it.

Duplicated Castillian/Spanish leaders

When you play with Castille and become Spain in 1516, you receive again all your current leaders (I think Prospero Colonna, V. Yañez Pinzón, Americo Vespucci and one conqueror).

Although of course you can choose to not use them, I still find this quite annoying.

Hello all,

I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this problem is known. But anyway, I wanted to play with AGC today and wanted to change the configuration settings. Goes ok, I save and exit. Then I immediately reopen the config file and the settings are back to original, my settings haven't changed! Does anyone know what causes this problem??
Also, how do you look at all these *.eue files? When I open them with a simple Notepad or so, it's practically unreadable.

Originally posted by M@ni@c
Hello all,

I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this problem is known. But anyway, I wanted to play with AGC today and wanted to change the configuration settings. Goes ok, I save and exit. Then I immediately reopen the config file and the settings are back to original, my settings haven't changed! Does anyone know what causes this problem??
Also, how do you look at all these *.eue files? When I open them with a simple Notepad or so, it's practically unreadable.

Configurator resets after it is closed but it doesn't mean that your statistics were erased. Just start the game and you'll see that Portugal has its own culture if you marked it earlier but now it is not displayed in config.

Forget about Notepad. Only Wordpad is working among products of Bill in this case.

I have a suggestion: One option is to turn all countries in majors but all revolters will not be majors and thus not get random events. Can someone make a small program which changes all "minors" into majors? I currently do it when restarting a game in wordpad by a simple search and replace of the lines major=no but it would be nice if there was a little program that could do that work for me.
Thanks

I was playing 2.3 as the ottomans and I notised that one of the peria events only had option b available in the game.

The event is one of the ones related to the revolts that create persia and trigger for the ottoman empire if it holds persia provinces. In my case azerbijan(sp) and nyassayabin(sp).

I think it is one of the events that is included if the strong persian revolts are selected.

The option a that I should have got was the option to cede territory to persia. The option b gave me -6 stab and a revolt risk everywhere.

Sorry I cannot remmeber the number as I am at work and when I looked at the event I could not see any errors in it. In the end I just commented it out. :)

Spencer.

Playing as Novgorod, I had some problems with Swedish ferocity. Even after I had beaten them down to a 71% war score, they refused to take a peace deal worth 32%. No sure if this is a bug or just really weird AI, but either way it seems a little strange...

Originally posted by Spencer
I was playing 2.3 as the ottomans and I notised that one of the peria events only had option b available in the game.

The event is one of the ones related to the revolts that create persia and trigger for the ottoman empire if it holds persia provinces. In my case azerbijan(sp) and nyassayabin(sp).

I think it is one of the events that is included if the strong persian revolts are selected.

The option a that I should have got was the option to cede territory to persia. The option b gave me -6 stab and a revolt risk everywhere.

Sorry I cannot remmeber the number as I am at work and when I looked at the event I could not see any errors in it. In the end I just commented it out. :)

Spencer.

I have had a exactly the same problem with the Ottomans.
I don't know for sure if it's a bug, but I am currently playing Holland in the AGC with patch 1.07 and 1.07b and I am having lots of CtDs when loading my savegames making loading practically imposible :(

[edit] I have had this problem also with Austria now, any idea when a 1.07 compatible AGC comes out?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Spencer

Spencer.

I posted about this in the AGC Ottoman Empire II thread as well.

Does anyone know the event # for this event or what file it's in. I couldn't find it. It seems to be a 1.06/1.07 event (I got it in a non AGC game as well). Also giving territory to Persia is best handled (IMHO) in my Persian revolt events (particularly as they are now, hopefully, fixed). We don't need people getting hit with two events, both increasing RR in the same provs. Let alone RR that never goes away. :rolleyes:

We need to kill this event for Beta 3.

My autosave refuses to load because it doesnt like the file:

'AGC\events\agc_ak_koyunlu.eue'

I noticed that someone else had an issue with this type of file. Can the game run without these files? I am currently 1.07/beta 2.3
Any quick fixes to some of these issues? I really want to get into this game :p
-SS

Is this an AGC bug? My computer has been crashing with other programs to lately, but this is just too consistant. I'm playing 1.07, I believe the latest AGC version.

I've got a saved game in january of 1615, and I've loaded it dozens of times now, but I've only once gotten a few months into 1616 before a CTD. No matter what I do or don't do. I'm playing as byzantium. I admit I tinkered slightly with the saved game, moving the mameluke capitol from Cairo to Medina (because they have 3 provinces left, Cairo Jordan and Medina with Cairo being rebel-held for at least thrity years).

Addendum to the last part: It also CTDs after I moved the Mamelukes capitol back to Cairo, and when I loaded a 1613 save it also ctd'd in mid 1615.

iberia in agc

1.-galicia should be of portugese culture in 1419 if it is enabled, and possibly change to castilian later on

2.-if the cot's in catalonia and/or castilla are enabled, they should disappear with the event that gives the monopoly to and creates the cot of andalusia

3.-as foretold, the cot of catalonia is actually wrong there since of the 3 iberian subkingdoms in aragon(aragon, barcelona and valencia), barcelona/catalonia was in decadence from the 15th century and onwards, whilst all the trade and culture flocked into valencia by then, so the cot should be there instead

\pcongre da pole

CTD on save load

I'm posting here because the support forum specifically says that they will not help with problems with mod saves. My current autosave will load, sit for one half to two seconds, and then ctd. I'm really anxious to preserve my autosave, as I didn't bother saving after playing the other night, as it was early January. If I go back to my last manual save, I'll lose a lot of very good years with few bad events and a great deal of expansion.