• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by balsr
I am installing it to standard "program files\strategy first\Europa Universalis 2\" directory though
This is why the country names (and some other less obvious but more important things) aren't working - 1.05's moddir implementation cannot handle spaces in the pathname (which is pretty silly, considering that the default installation path has spaces).

Workaround:
Right click the AGC icon and choose Properties.
The Target text box will have something similar to

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\EU2.exe C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\AGC

Change this to

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\EU2.exe C:\Progra~1\Strate~1\Europa~1\AGC

The ~names might need adjusting, if you have or have had other directories/files starting with the same six first letters along the path.

@korath: The spaces were not a problem; the first thing i did was change the target from

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\EU2.exe C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\AGC

to

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\EU2.exe "C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Europa Universalis 2\AGC"

The quotations around it makes the OS interpret it in the old format with ~'s.

The problem in my case was installing it to a AGC subdirectory under the original path.

weird Britanny resurrection

Hi, I'm playing a AGC 2.2 campaign with Muscovy. Looking how the HYW evolves i disecovered something very strange.

In 1470 Britanny declares independece from England (who anexed them in the beginning of the GC) with three provinces: Arnor, Bretagne and....Bearn which also is his capital! Is this a bug or som historical feature i didn't know about?

Bearn was owned by France who annexed Aquitanie in 1465 and was revolting when Britanny pop up.
Right now (1485) Britanny only posses Bearn because he has lost the other provinces to France and England.
By the way, his state culture is basque, not gaelic.

That's all. Hope it helps. Great work with the AGC :)

I also saw Brittany revolt and take the entire north coast (all the way from Morbihan to Calais) plus Maine from England, knocking it off the continent. In the same game Aquitaine revolted from France as Gascogne, Berri and Dauphine.

I'm wondering if there isn't an overall problem with the French minors.

Hi Guys, where do I start....

The self loading program did not do anything, so I loaded rar and used the rar beta 2 version and bugfix from Korath's web site.

All appeared to work OK, I set up a short cut for the config file and that appears to work well. I thought all was OK at this point but noticed a few "user definded" countries, so have come to the conclusion that all was not well.

I then setup a short-cut following the guidence in this thread, however, no matter which of the tips I try from the list above, I consistantly get an error saying that the program cannot find excel files!!!!!!

Am I just bad at this thing, am I going mad, or have others come accross a similar thing and given up.

My game is loaded from the UK version from udi soft, and is loaded on the D: drive (i have partisioned my disk), I have loaded the version 1.05 patch and I do get that number on the corner under normal start up.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Hmm, Try to unpack The AGC to specify directory (like D:\AGC). Everything that is stored in zip/rar file should be unpacked there, so you will be able to check whether you loaded valid archives. If no .csv files appear, try to download the mod once again.
User defined error is mostly provoked by bad installation that contains spaces. Just install it it the main folder of EU2 - it creates AGC folder by itself. Anyway it behaves that way if everything is ok.

Re: weird Britanny resurrection

Originally posted by Akritas
Hi, I'm playing a AGC 2.2 campaign with Muscovy. Looking how the HYW evolves i disecovered something very strange.

In 1470 Britanny declares independece from England (who anexed them in the beginning of the GC) with three provinces: Arnor, Bretagne and....Bearn which also is his capital! Is this a bug or som historical feature i didn't know about?

Bearn was owned by France who annexed Aquitanie in 1465 and was revolting when Britanny pop up.
Right now (1485) Britanny only posses Bearn because he has lost the other provinces to France and England.
By the way, his state culture is basque, not gaelic.

That's all. Hope it helps. Great work with the AGC :)

All french minors can become France via event and has cores on most of french provinces what is reflected in their revolter files. That's the reason of weird outcomes.

Re: Re: weird Britanny resurrection

Originally posted by vilkouak
All french minors can become France via event and has cores on most of french provinces what is reflected in their revolter files. That's the reason of weird outcomes.
I'm not sure whether the revolters are setup this way to make the minors tougher (which had been my assumption - more provinces in the extra line means bigger revolters) or to make sure they have core provinces.

Certainly the fact that the capital appears in the first revolting province that fell to rebels, instead of the one in the capital line in revolt.csv or even one of the ones in the minimum line, is problematic; the way things should work, you'd only see Brittany's capital in Morbihan, Armor, or Bretagne.

If the main intention was to make sure they have all the core provinces, we've got a way to trigger events only for newly-revolted minors now - the core trigger (which does work, but backwards). If Brittany exists but Ile de France isn't a core, then we can move its capital to where it should be (trying several provinces in order of increasing preference), fix its state cultures, add its cores, and maybe even fiddle diplomatic relations or give it some cavalry to play with.

Originally posted by David Olorensha
Hi Guys, where do I start....

The self loading program did not do anything
*sob* This is at least as frustrating to me as it is to you.
I then setup a short-cut following the guidence in this thread, however, no matter which of the tips I try from the list above, I consistantly get an error saying that the program cannot find excel files!!!!!!
Which ones specifically? The exact error message(s) displayed would be helpful.

Also: What flavor of Windows are you running, and what's the exact directory you have EU2 installed in? (If it has spaces, which is what I'm after *broken record*, have you tried installing EU2 in a different directory path without spaces?) And what is the full path name of agc_config.exe? (Specifically, does it look like D:\something\something\AGC\agc_config.exe, or D:\something\something\AGC\AGC\agc_config.exe?)

And thanks for being persistent; the programmer in me mourns those who can't get it running and give up more than those who get it running, decide they don't like it, and throw it away.

Re: Re: Re: weird Britanny resurrection

Originally posted by Korath
I'm not sure whether the revolters are setup this way to make the minors tougher (which had been my assumption - more provinces in the extra line means bigger revolters) or to make sure they have core provinces.

Certainly the fact that the capital appears in the first revolting province that fell to rebels, instead of the one in the capital line in revolt.csv or even one of the ones in the minimum line, is problematic; the way things should work, you'd only see Brittany's capital in Morbihan, Armor, or Bretagne.

If the main intention was to make sure they have all the core provinces, we've got a way to trigger events only for newly-revolted minors now - the core trigger (which does work, but backwards). If Brittany exists but Ile de France isn't a core, then we can move its capital to where it should be (trying several provinces in order of increasing preference), fix its state cultures, add its cores, and maybe even fiddle diplomatic relations or give it some cavalry to play with.

The 'extra' line is additional CBs that the minor starts with, in addition to the 'minimum' line which decides what provinces must be included (at least one of them). A minor's capital will only show up in provinces included in the 'minimum' line; while 'extra' provinces may join a revolting 'minimum' province in a declaration of independence. In case of doubt, just look at Crimea in beta 2; with the new revolter entry, the capital should only end up in Crimea - never any other province.

Re: Re: Re: Re: weird Britanny resurrection

Originally posted by Onslaught
The 'extra' line is additional CBs that the minor starts with, in addition to the 'minimum' line which decides what provinces must be included (at least one of them). A minor's capital will only show up in provinces included in the 'minimum' line; while 'extra' provinces may join a revolting 'minimum' province in a declaration of independence.
This is incorrect:
Originally posted by Akritas
In 1470 Britanny declares independece from England (who anexed them in the beginning of the GC) with three provinces: Arnor, Bretagne and....Bearn which also is his capital!
Brittany's revolt entry, with numbers translated to province names, is
BRI = {
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
expirydate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1820 }
minimum = { Armor Bretagne Morbihan }
extra = { Champagne Calais Picardie Caux Ile_de_France Nivernais Provence Dauphiné Lyonnais Bourgogne Berri Orleanais Maine Normandie Vendée Poitou Limousin Auvergne Cévennes Languedoc Guyenne Gascogne Béarn }
capital = Morbihan
group = latin
}

Note that Morbihan, which is designated the capital, did not revolt; thus the capital is chosen from the entire list of provinces that did - in this case Béarn. Based on observation, I believe the province whose fortress fell first is the one to get the capital if the revolt.txt capital isn't available; it's certainly not limited to the minimum line. The reason that Crimea works properly is that Crimea province is the only minimum, so it'll always be one of the revolting ones.

*sob* This is at least as frustrating to me as it is to you.Which ones specifically? The exact error message(s) displayed would be helpful.
specifically, the message is in a "critial error" box and says

--- excel file not found

----

QUOTE]Originally posted by Korath

Also: What flavor of Windows are you running, and what's the exact directory you have EU2 installed in? (If it has spaces, which is what I'm after *broken record*, have you tried installing EU2 in a different directory path without spaces?) And what is the full path name of agc_config.exe? (Specifically, does it look like D:\something\something\AGC\agc_config.exe, or D:\something\something\AGC\AGC\agc_config.exe?)
[/QUOTE]
I'm running windows ME and have EU stored in

D:\Program files\Paradox Entertainment\Europa Universalis 2\

I do not have agc directory within a agc directory and I have checked that the agc download does download .csv files.

I have tried using a path of D:\progra~1\Parado~1\Europa~1\eu2.exe D:\progra~1\Parado~1\Europa~1\agc\

and I have tried using quote marks as you have suggested in this thread.
QUOTE]Originally posted by Korath

And thanks for being persistent; the programmer in me mourns those who can't get it running and give up more than those who get it running, decide they don't like it, and throw it away.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it was reported yet, but at the start of AGC, Timbuktu is owned by Mali and controlled by rebels, which makes them defect after a few months to Songhai. Seems rather weird.

Yeah, we know about that. Think it's been discussed in-depth in one of the Africa threads... :)

-Caliga

Originally posted by Caliga
Yeah, we know about that. Think it's been discussed in-depth in one of the Africa threads... :)

-Caliga

It was discussed in the first Africa thread, and it was then decided that it is not good (i.e. it should go). Dunno if it should be considered a bug or a feature though... but an error it is.

Originally posted by Me
**T 58. Nearly a third of the relation settings aren't properly matched in the other country's include file.
This one's problematic because only one of the two settings is real - that defined for whichever country is the first to alter relations with the other. In practice, this is fairly random.

I've used my own judgement on which of the two numbers to use in each case. Let me know fairly soon if you think I've erred.

About half of these are in the original Paradox setup, too; if anyone wants some brownie points, they may want to run a similar check to see which and report it in the bug forum. Note that there are some which have already been fixed (e.g., MUS/STE).

My notation: ALD/KNI -200 (0) means that in one of the two include files, Algiers and the Knights were at -200 relations, and in the other, at 0; I went with -200 for the fix.

AKK/TRE 150(200)
ALD/KNI -200(0)
AQU/ENG 150(160/200)*
Aydin/MAM -100(0)
Aydin/TUR 100(0/-100)**
BAD/HAB 100(0)
BOH/CRO 150(0)
BRE/DAN -150(0)
BRI/FRA -100(0)
BUR/FRI: -150(0)
BUR/GEL -150(0)
BUR/HAB 50(0)
BUR/HAU 100(170)
BUR/LOR -200(0)
CAN/MAM -100(0)
CAN/TUR -100(0)
DAN/MEC -150(0)
DAN/OLD -150(0)
DAN/POM -150(0)
DAN/SHL 150(0)
DAN/SWE 200(100)
DUL/MAM -100(0)
DUL/TRE 75(0)
DUL/TUR -100(0)
ENG/WLS 200(0)
ENG/NAV -50(0)
FEZ/KNI -200(0)
FRI/Holland 100(0)
GEN/TRE 75(0)
GEO/TRE 150(0)
HAB/HEL -100(-170)
HAB/HAN, HES, KLE, LUX, MAG, MEC, MUN, OLD, PFA, POM, SHL, SLZ, THU, WUR all 100(0)
Hainaut/Holland 200(0)
HAU/Holland 100(0)
KNI/PAP 150(100)
LAT/Masovia 100(150)
LIT/Masovia 100(150)
MAM/TUR -100(0)
Masovia/PRU 100(150)
MYS/VIJ -200(0)
OMA/ADE, AKK, ARA, CAL, MAM, QAR, TIM, TUR all -50/0 (0)***
OMA/ZAN 75/0 (0)***
TRE/TUR -100(0)

* AQU appears twice in England's file, at 160 and 200.
** Settings were at 0 and -100; I bumped this to +100 since apparently neither had been altered from when Aydin was Teke.
*** These are all -50 or +75 all the time in Oman's file, and either -50/75 or 0 in the others', depending on whether the "Portuguese/Indian Ocean events" option is on. In each case, I changed the value in the Oman file to match, so they're all 0 if the option is off, or all -50/75 if it's on.

Edit: Oman/Zanj is +75.

Last edited:
Bugfix 2.3 has been released, correcting bugs #42, 44, 46, 48-51, 53, 56-59, and 61-62.

Bug 58 (the mismatching relations setup) skewed things so severely and in so many places that I wanted to get this out immediately, despite not yet integrating fixes for 12 (Hungarian "Inheritance") and 23 (Teutonic Order/Duchy of Prussia setup), both of which have been sent to me.

Even more so than with the previous bugfix releases, it is necessary to rerun the configurator with your old options before continuing previously saved games, which will then be mostly functional, even if they don't include all of the fixed bugs. In particular, there is a single event for China (3913) that will not fire properly unless you're playing with the same version you started the game with.

Erm....

It appears that at least some of my problems were down to pilot error.....

I typed a zero not a naught in the start up line and kept copying it when I tried to work around...

I'm now going to put my head in a paper bag and crawl into a darkened cupboard for penance (or I might just try out the agc now itis working)

Sorry, I feel such a fool...

Thanks to all those who have tried to help..

:D

I'm glad you released it today. I'm going to run a few more betas tonight and it'll be nice to do so with the most current version.

Thanks,
Caliga

Bugfix 2.3 has been released, correcting bugs #42, 44, 46, 48-51, 53, 56-59, and 61-62.

Bug 58 (the mismatching relations setup) skewed things so severely and in so many places that I wanted to get this out immediately, despite not yet integrating fixes for 12 (Hungarian "Inheritance") and 23 (Teutonic Order/Duchy of Prussia setup), both of which have been sent to me.

Even more so than with the previous bugfix releases, it is necessary to rerun the configurator with your old options before continuing previously saved games, which will then be mostly functional, even if they don't include all of the fixed bugs. In particular, there is a single event for China (3913) that will not fire properly unless you're playing with the same version you started the game with.