• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, but an Anni with 4x UAC10++ (2 x 72 damage per weapon) is soooo much fun.

whats even more fun IMO is a Anni with 8 or 9 (depending on whether planet is hot or not) ERLL++

whats even more fun IMO is a Anni with 8 or 9 (depending on whether planet is hot or not) ERLL++
I am confused. Only Mech with 9 energy Hardpoints is the SL Black Knight and one of them is in the head. The Anhi has a maximum of 5 energy hard points ... ?!?

Since 1.8 I was a big fan of the Spider-K with his incredible speed, ultra long charge range and support hard points. But the SL Hawk with dual snub displaces it.

And yeah Marauder is the best Mech. At the moment I play mine with dual ERPPC and a Gaus. Low armor, but who cares from a mile distance.

...Anyway the only mech that comes close to the marauder is the siege tower mech, forgot its name, but it can support 4 ACs and its decent for headshots too...
BATTLETECH Multiplayer is the Great Equalizer.

To me a Marauder is just another ponderous, Initiative-Handicapped Heavy BattleMech, valuable for its Mech Quirks but never my first choice for a 15m, 20m or even 25m Cbill match.

The AI?

Sure. Marauders can kill hordes of AI.

Soloing?

Ain’t had a fellow BATTLETECH Gamer solo one of my Lances in a Multiplayer match yet, though I honestly if not humbly look forward to the gamer who has the skill to do so. :bow:

I am confused. Only Mech with 9 energy Hardpoints is the SL Black Knight and one of them is in the head. The Anhi has a maximum of 5 energy hard points ... ?!?

Since 1.8 I was a big fan of the Spider-K with his incredible speed, ultra long charge range and support hard points. But the SL Hawk with dual snub displaces it.

And yeah Marauder is the best Mech. At the moment I play mine with dual ERPPC and a Gaus. Low armor, but who cares from a mile distance.

there are TWO variants of the Anni in game....the standard one(1A) with a mix of ballistic and energy and the second (1E)which is all energy and its standard load out is 4xppc, 6xml.
thats TEN energy hardpoints....been having lotsa fun with it

there are TWO variants of the Anni in game....the standard one(1A) with a mix of ballistic and energy and the second (1E)which is all energy and its standard load out is 4xppc, 6xml.
thats TEN energy hardpoints....been having lotsa fun with it

No, @unclecid, I'm sorry, but AFAIK all well-known web sources state that HBS BATTLETECH's BattleMechs Roaster include the Annihilator ANH-1A only.:cool:

Maybe you play some mod or another, such as Roguetech, Battletech Extended 3025, but in that case the list of available 'Mechs is far wider than the standard game anyway. If this is indeed the case, I'd suggest always stating the mod you're currently playing with, in order to minimize any possible misunderstanding for those of us which play the game "as is" compared to any "modded" games. ;)

Marauder MAD-2R.jpg

Courtesy of the Royal Mechs Mod and the input of many people on the forum, this is my take on the ultimate Marauder.
Yes, I know don't have JJ, but with the mods I run, it is not possible.

You could use more Exchangers with more than 120 Heat generated instead of the double heat sinks. Would save you some slots and may give you some more potential to playaround.
A bit less armor and only one ton of ac/2 ammo and you could fit in JJ.

You could use more Exchangers with more than 120 Heat generated instead of the double heat sinks. Would save you some slots and may give you some more potential to playaround.
If you look at the slots info you see 0/0 on the jump jets - I said that the mod's configuration I use doesn't let jumps on this one. This is almost maxed armor - always good in my playbook, others can select a more 'risky' one, is they option. The heat configuration only in lunar and desert is not neutral with alpha strikes, so it is a good/decent one.

Unless you run out of crit slots or there is a very big difference (some weapons benefit from heat reduction much more than others, like MLs for example) then DHS are better. If you don't alpha (fire with only a fraction of your weapons or not at all) then part or all of the TEX potential is wasted while DHS are always working whether you fire all of them or not.

If you look at the slots info you see 0/0 on the jump jets - I said that the mod's configuration I use doesn't let jumps on this one. This is almost maxed armor - always good in my playbook, others can select a more 'risky' one, is they option. The heat configuration only in lunar and desert is not neutral with alpha strikes, so it is a good/decent one.
I find far more durable less armor but more JJs than the reverse. IMO full armor but no JJs is a lot riskier.

I found Marauder 2R parts a while ago in my playthrough. Now that I have the money for parts (or even possibly a full mech), can't find them :/

Just my dumb luck.

The Marauder has been close to my heart ever since I read the books, but I must say I couldn't believe how OP they were once I got my hands on them in game. I always have 2 in my lance if I can. I have 4 in my mech bay - 2 energy based for cold climates and with UACs, etc. for hotter climates.

The Marauder is definitely powerful, and I think a bit OP as well, however I still think the Annihilator is probably the most powerful mech (although the BullS is definitely there too).

Regardless though. I do want a Marauder 2R. I want to see if PPCs are doable on it instead of using the LLasers I currently use on my 3D (with an UA/C5).

Yes! Found a complete Marauder 2R in Capellan space. Black market at which ever planet also is the Faction store planet for the Capellans.

I refit it with 2 +10 Damage LLasers, 2 MPLasers with a reduction in heat gen (I think 18 heat) and extra Dmg (I think 50 a piece), and an UA/C5 -2 ton.

I may replace the LLasers and MPLasrs with +10 dmg PPCs and +10 Dmg MLases. I'm not sure. I like the extra armor though from going from PPCs to LLasers.

In any case, I'm happy to have finally found it. :D