• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations! It's been a delight to read so far!

It's a shade past midnight in the UK, but I think it's still Sunday somewhere. Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who turned out to offer their congratulations and good wishes, all of which were very gratefully received. And thanks of course to Pip for nominating the Vicomte in the first instance. I'm sure he won't let it go to his head.

Looking through some of the newer AARs I've started following recently, one in particular jumped out as being host to a series of highly memorable characters even after only a month of activity. Over the last few weeks, we've been treated to marauding viking princes, grubby scheming tyrants and even a messianic drunk afflicted by megalomania. It was this final creation that convinced me I need look no further to find our next laureate.

AARlanders, please give your warmest congratulations to our next Character Writer of the Week: @Cora Giantkiller, for her skill in writing the devilish Mahdi Ivan the God-loving, Tsar of Russia in Caliphate of al-Rus: A Kievan AAR.

Congratulations, Cora!
Congratulations
Many congratulations @Cora Giantkiller!
Congratulations! It's been a delight to read so far!

Thank you so much to @DensleyBlair and everybody else! The support of the AAR community has made it a treat to write for y'all, and I'm so grateful to be recognized by fine writers like yourselves.

Reactions:
Congratulations.

I want to say thanks again to everybody. I've often been the sort of person who struggled to get much writing for pleasure done, but this community makes it really easy to write and keep writing, and I think that has a lot to say about the supportive folks who are so active here. Thanks so much.

For my nomination, I want to nominate @Garrus Vakarian for his young hero Shervin and the wonderful coming of age story that he's telling in the CK3 AAR Sons of Persia: A Sassanid Restoration AAR. Worth a read, definitely.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well done!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did... did the author of that AAR take a rocket to the face?

But really, congrats!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did... did the author of that AAR take a rocket to the face?

I'm sure if he slaps some face paint on there no one will notice. Plus, I've heard that some women on the Citadel find facial scars attractive.

Many congratulations @Garrus Vakarian!

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Mind you, most of those women are Krogan.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks everyone! Apologies for the absence (I was in the middle of some...calibrations) but very honored by the nomination :) A surprise but a welcome one!

A few of the stories I had in mind have already been nominated, so to keep this going, I would like to add to this thread the Legacy of Uhtred by Dunaden, where he goes through various colorful characters of the House Bamburgh. A very riveting read and highly recommended :)

• 2Haha
Reactions: