• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It happens to the best of us.

Congratulations, Lord Durham!

Nice! It's been a while since we've been able to reward LD for his rich characters and great to see another AAR from him. Well deserved, to be sure! Congrats, LD. :)

Well, it looks like he got his turn in the spotlight sooner than we all thought ;)

Very well done, LD. Congratulations!

Congratulations LD!

Congratulations, Lord Durham! Definitely look forward to reading more from your latest AAR!

Congratulations, Bruce!

Excellent choice -- looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

Rensslaer

Congratulations, LD! (Of course we know of your pact with he who shall not be named to collect all the awards in the forum in a single month, but we won't hold that against you...) ;)

Well, I'm sure someone might complain if it happened ;).

Thanks for the recognition, levithan123, though I'd suggest there are longer running AARs out there more deserving. Creating characters and exploring their traits and quirks is one of the main reasons I enjoy writing narratives. And, one of the reasons I enjoy reading them. That said, I enjoy all AARs, no matter what the style. I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy. Those who know me know I don't give a rat's ass how good or how poorly an AAR is written. It's the attempt that matters. This isn't some elite writer's club. It's a place to have fun, provide feedback and encourage your fellow member. Since my return I've come across a lot of great material and a lot of variety. I'm doing my best to read as many as I can, though I'd have to clone myself a few times to cover as many as I'd like.

Now to find a successor for next Sunday...

Congratulations! I'm enjoying your Viking saga (is it too early to call it a saga? 'Saga' seems such an appropriate word when it comes to Vikings). What I've seen of the characters - particularly the presumed protagonist, Halfdan - is interesting: none of them are exactly people that warm your heart, but they are true to (my perception of) their time, and you still want to see where they will end up, what they will achieve.

Happy to see the AAR and happy to see the award. :) Congrats LD!

Congratulations! I'm enjoying your Viking saga (is it too early to call it a saga? 'Saga' seems such an appropriate word when it comes to Vikings). What I've seen of the characters - particularly the presumed protagonist, Halfdan - is interesting: none of them are exactly people that warm your heart, but they are true to (my perception of) their time, and you still want to see where they will end up, what they will achieve.

Many thanks. I'm greatly enjoying your detailed feedback in the AAR itself. And many thanks to everyone who posted here. Qorten, nice to be back in action.

Now that my week is up, it's time to announce a successor. As always, this is tough, seeing there are so many good candidates to choose from in every forum. However, there can be only one.

In the end I went with an AAR that is essentially a history book presentation, but the depth of characterization is outstanding for this kind of work. So, join me in a warm round of applause to Mithfir and his compelling characters, especially that of Richard I "The Just, in this wonderful look at France: Anscarid d'Ivrea, the Free Count of France.

Check it out. You won't be sorry...

Congratulations!