• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats @LudoOttavio! :D

(I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I didn't realize you were writing again. I haven't had time to keep my eyes peeled for new AARs as much as I would like... Rest assured that I'll be definitely checking this one out!)

Thank you all for your kind words! It’s been quite a while since I last wrote anything on the forums, and it’s nice to see this little story of mine is being appreciated!

I'd nominate @Crosswire for his beautiful portrayal of King Gabriel in The Lords of the Land of the Bow
You have struck a great equilibrium between narrative, character development and a quasi-religious tone that has left me wanting for more, and it had been a while since I had read an AAR with such deep interest. Cheers!

Many congratulations.

Congratulations!

Thank you for the nomination. After reading some of the amazing AARs on the site, I'm rather humbled to be included among them.

I would like to nominate @Lord Kaiser for Abdulmecid in his HoI4 KR AAR The Ottoman Empire Strikes Back on Kaiserreich

Abdulmecid is the Sultan of a Sublime Porte that is attempting to be resurgent, a veritable diplomat extra-ordinaire, and always ably supported by his ... loyal and ... dedicated cabinet of ministers.

As it were.

Go read it. Abdulmecid and his crew won't disappoint.

Congratulations!

Kostantiniyye, May 30, 1938

The sultan's palace

Resad Muhlis Bey (minister of the Economy) Your majesty, your majesty! I need you to come with me right away!

Abdulmecid: Not now, I'm kind of in the middle of a painting.

Resad Muhlis Bey: This can't wait your majesty!

Abdulmecid: What happened? Did the Axis agree to a peace treaty?

Resad Muhlis Bey: No, no no. We -

Abdulmecid: Beat them already? Mustafa really must be on fire then.

Resad Muhlis Bey: No, we didn't win the war.

Abdulmecid: We lost? Are the Egyptians marching on Kostantiniyye?

Resad Muhlis Bey: No, the war is still going on.

Abdulmecid: Is this a coup? Are you going to send me to live out my days in Bulgaria or Germany or something? Please give me a few minutes to pack my suitcase.

Resad Muhlis Bey: No, you're not going to be deported.

Abdulmecid: Are you going to execute me? Please, let me finish this painting, I don't want to leave this world without doing something usefull first!

Resad Muhlis Bey: No, don't worry, you're going to be fine. There's no coup and the war is going fine so far.

Abdulmecid: Well, why didn't you say so?

Resad Muhlis Bey: I just wanted to introduce you to our guest. Please meet Leni.

index.php

Leni: Guten tag.

Adi: Meow, meow :)

Abdulmecid: Uhm.... hello. If you're here to report about the war I'm afraid I won't be much help. Mustafa handles it.

Leni: Nein, I'm not here for zhe war, I trust the mighty Ottoman Empire can crush a few barbarians easily. I'm here for you, zhe big star of zhe big show.

Abdulmecid: Big show?

Resad Muhlis Bey: The show about the empire we make to generate extra income.

Abdulmecid: Oh, that show. Well, I barely notice the cameras anymore after more then two years.

Leni: All of Germany is talking about zhe show, especially zhe kaiser loves it. So, mein sultan, how does it feel to be nominated?

Abdulmecid: Nominated?

Leni: For zhe best character of zhe week award, of course!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-week-crosswire.250368/page-268#post-23823131

Abdulmecid: Wait, are you saying I won the best character of the week award?

Leni: Nein, you are nominated! Congratulations. How do you feel?

Abdulmecid: Well, it feels kind of awesome.

Leni: That's what we like to hear. Do you have any message for your fans?

Abdulmecid: Please volunteer for the Ottoman Army if you can. If not, just please don't revolt.

Leni: I'm sure this is a big boost for recruitment! Now, I trust you know the procedure?

Abdulmecid: Well, do I have to go to some fancy party where I celebrate if I win and just sit around smiling awkwardly if I lose?

Leni: You mean going to a party with people you like to kill but can't because you're on camera.

Abdulmecid: This sounds like the average cabinet meeting.

Leni: Don't worry, there's not going to be an award party.

Abdulmecid: Good, I was worried I'd have to sit through some stupid feminist speech. But how is going to be decided if I win?

Leni: It's not. You just have to nominate someone else.

Abdulmecid: So, I already won?

Leni: Nein, of course not! In AARland participating is more important then winning, so you are nominated!

Abdulmecid: What's the point of being nominated without winning?

Leni: Well, you can't lose if there's not going to be any winner.

Abdulmecid: I guess that's true. But did you say I have to nominate someone else?

Leni: Yes, you can nominate a character of your choosing. It can be someone you respect, someone who is funny or even a schweinhund you secretly admire. Zhe choice is all up to you.

Abdulmecid: Well, I'd have to catch up on my reading.

Leni: Yes, yes, no problem. I'll be back next week to hear your chosen nominee. Good luck and enjoy your award!

Last edited:
Now that is a great way to accept the awAARd! Bravo!