• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two thumbs up! ;) Congrats

Joe

I'm up off my sickbed long enough to see two of my favorites gain a great accolade and I cannot be pleased enough. This is so very well deserved!

Congrats to the both of you! :)

I've not reached that point in 'Frontier', but given the talent displayed by both authors in the stories I've read, I'm pretty confident that the award is indeed very well deserved.

Good job sirs!

Mmm... I wonder who will be in charge of nominating the next winner? :rolleyes:

I haven't been able to reach Amric by PM and I don't know if he has seen this thread.

I'm reluctant to pass the award on by myself, so perhaps a moderator would step in and make an intervention? :eek: :D

Let us wait until the weekend, given you got it mid-week yourselves. Also gives Amric a little more time.

Been gone and will be gone a while longer....had health issues and no internet for now....But as for Character Writer of the Week....I've been gone too long to really say for now...I am with Director in asking a Mod to please select anyone....Right now I am quite exhausted typing this....

Since Amric and Director have both asked, and just to get the ball rolling again, I have selected the next winner.

There are many wonderful characters in CK, but characterisation does not have to be a narrative endeavour. One of the fullest characters of recent times in the CK forum has come to us via a historybook AAR, a portrayal of Guy de Lusignan as he strives to fulful the dream, fantasy, of his family.

I give you ComradeOm and Guy de Lusignan in The de Lusignan Dream - Cyprus 1337

stnylan said:
Since Amric and Director have both asked, and just to get the ball rolling again, I have selected the next winner.

There are many wonderful characters in CK, but characterisation does not have to be a narrative endeavour. One of the fullest characters of recent times in the CK forum has come to us via a historybook AAR, a portrayal of Guy de Lusignan as he strives to fulful the dream, fantasy, of his family.

I give you ComradeOm and Guy de Lusignan in The de Lusignan Dream - Cyprus 1337
A good call. I've enjoyed this one quite a bit. It's got a nice blend of pictorial, and narrative to keep my attention, and being successful at the dream is always a nice touch.

Now if he can keep it......well....;)

Congrats ComradeOm. Yet another I need to catch up on. From what I've read already however, I can see it is deserved. :)

Well done ComradeOm, congratulations :)

Well I'm a bit gobsmacked by this to tell the truth and its proven to be a real bolt from the blue. To get such, or any, recognition for my first AAR is something that I never contemplated.

This is doubly true given the relatively dry and historical tone that I've been trying to maintain throughout the AAR. Despite this I have to admit that I've grown to enjoy writing about Guy and his various campaigns in the Levant. When I set out on this AAR it was originally about the quest for Jerusalem. I'm not exactly sure what happened but it became very clear very soon that the focus of the story had shifted from the kingdom to the man trying to restore it. Funny that.

I want to thank both stnylan and everyone for this honour and especially all those who have read and commented on my work. Its doubtful as to whether I'd have continued with this without your constant support and commentary.

Last edited:
Seeing as its Sunday I guess its time to pass on the baton :)

I'll freely admit that I don't get to spend as much time in AARland as I'd like to and even then I rarely wander around outside the comforts of the CK forum. Despite this I've long been captivated, albeit silently, by one great Vicky AAR. While Professor Renault himself is a fascinating character, it is the thoughts of Rene Atta (the Narrator) that makes The French Century such an excellent read. So congratulations go to kingmbutu

Excellent choice. Rene is certainly a very intriguing character.