• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Thanks for the honor! I apologize for not seeing this...I just came off a hell midterm weak and I'm on vacation in the middle of the woods so writing has not been on my mind! I have not been reading many AARs, so if someone would like to nominate a worthy writer, please do so!

The iron is hot... and I will strike it!

So, this is an unusual choice for this particular award, but hear me out. I would like to nominate @Nikolai and his recently completed Stellaris AAR: Blessed Sithrandir Confederacy - Arise! (Or Not)

During the climactic final weeks of the AAR, the Advisor rose up to become one of the most memorable parts of the AAR. Given the last word in nearly all major updates, the Advisor was like the mythical Cassandra, their words of caution and warning often falling on deaf ears. Their growing sense of exasperation and frustration was one of the most entertaining parts of the story. (at least for me, anyway) The Advisor was not a crucial part of the AAR, but in my opinion, they were the most understandable and memorable.

A toast to you, @Nikolai for creating a great AAR and a memorable character to go with it.

And wherever that nameless Advisor has gone, a toast to you too!

Wow, many thanks @Macavity116 ! :) Such an honor! The Sithrandir story is the AAR I am most happy with of the stories I've made, I am very pleased it got such a welcome!

The Advisor, which in the last chapter finally got a name actually, but read the story to know what folks. ;) He toasts you from the planet he resides at. :D

Many congratulations @Nikolai

It was a grand tale, and the Advisor was indeed an increasingly wonderful character. Mmmmm

Congrats @Nikolai for a great nod here! I know I don't comment often but I've seen the work and know this is deserved!

Congratulations!

My congratulations @Nikolai , although maybe atypical as mentioned still a very worthy and justified awAARd!
Thanks a lot. Not often a such character light story gets the nod, but I guess the Advisor got to shine just enough. :)
Congrats @Nikolai! :D The wit and wisdom of the (almost) unnamed, unsung Advisor was certainly a highlight of the AAR for me.
Many congratulations @Nikolai

It was a grand tale, and the Advisor was indeed an increasingly wonderful character. Mmmmm
Thanks! It was fun to write him too. He became more and more fleshed out the last couple of months, and much of the credit for that is to be given to you, my readAARs, who spurred me on and gave me so many ideas through your feedback.:D

Congrats @Nikolai for a great nod here! I know I don't comment often but I've seen the work and know this is deserved!
Glad to know you read it all too and liked it, @coz1 .:) You are THE character writer on these boards in my opinion. :)
Congratulations!
Thanks! :)

My week is nearly up, and so it is time to pass the awAARd on. I was tempted to pass it to good old @coz1 , as he has a great stable of characters and just started a new, promising AAR. Consider this a runner up. He won only two months ago though, so I looked on.

Several worthy recipients were found. @Kylia Quilor , @Macavity116 , @eoncommander , @react0rman , all those would have been worthy winners on their own merit. And those are only the ones from page one on the Stellaris forum. We have so many good writAARs on CK2, EU4, HoI4...everywhere on these forums.

And yet, there can only be one.

The winner of this awAARd this week is a writAAR from said Stellaris forum. Thus the mention of his competition. The writAAR has made a story about a Hive Mind, which is something that can easily be made something quite special. We've seen it on these pages before, one or two have even won this awAARd before. And this truly is something else. A Hive Mind that is not a single mind, but rather we see a Queen, her Beta Queens and her drones, which also have a mind of their own - to a degree. It's a good take on the topic. It is @Smokez83 's The Tchikenthi Hive.

Congrats!

A great choice! :) Congrats @Smokez83 and well done for this much earned nod!

Wow! Thank you so much!! I am really glad you've enjoyed the AAR!