• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer - I think anyone with a name written about in an AAR counts as a character! Ged and the Witchy Woman are well qualified.

I apologise if my comments are a little loopy. I'm not in hospital
Those familiar with your work would know your comments being loopy doesn’t necessarily mean you are in hospital and thus on the legally administered ‘good stuff’.o_O :p

A well deserved honour for a story that breaks new ground ... in something. A little scary, but funny in its grim dark way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer - I think anyone with a name written about in an AAR counts as a character! Ged and the Witchy Woman are well qualified.

Well, they're getting there. Over the last few updates we've gotten a better feel for their characters: she, an obsessive, sexual predator with magical powers and an eye for gardening. He, a deranged lunatic who thinks he communes with God and is determined to burn down all of Ireland.

Apart from them, there is of course the sinister Paradox Tutorial Master, who much like a dastardly whiplash pops up every so often to ruin everyone's day...and me, I suppose, the all-powerful and dubiously-benevolent deity ruling over everything with at least some attention some of the time.

Those familiar with your work would know your comments being loopy doesn’t necessarily mean you are in hospital and thus on the legally administered ‘good stuff’.o_O :p

The weekly betting on 'okay, which of these comments were made on drugs and which were deliberately trolling the HOI player base?' remains a fixture of the subforums.

In this case, it was less actually being infirm as per usual and having just got in from an 'unofficial official' dinner complete with hilariously shit zoom call and many, many senior citizens getting passed enough to swap evacuation stories and the like.

It certainly was an experience, you would not believe how much those people despised the war-time government. It puts the past in perspective a bit, especially with Royal Prerogative going on at the moment.

A well deserved honour for a story that breaks new ground ... in something. A little scary, but funny in its grim dark way.

Well, someone had to be first...the only way is up, for CK3 AARs awarded here and for CK3 itself (hopefully).

Incidentally, I suppose I should say to all that CK3 is pretty playable, pretty good (so far) and not too broken. It is thus much better than the last two games they released on launch, but who knows whats coming (except everything that's not in it but in ck2. We know republics are coming, those money grubbing...) next?

If you are interested, my AAR goes through the tutorial for the game and most of the mechanics not covered by it as well, if only to point and laugh at them. Unlike my other works, this one tends to get updated every day, except this week (annoyingly) so thankfully, it'll all be over soon.

Thank you very much for the congratulations, my friend. And to everyone else again.

Reactions:
Damn! A new AAR I need to check out, this place is eating up a huge chunk of my free time (and I wouldn't change a thing!). These threads really are a great place to find the best of the forum.

Reactions:
Oh congrats @TheButterflyComposer - will stop by and read the CK3 AARs. I have to disagree that it is 'pretty much playable', 1066 is ok but 867 is awful. But it looks amazing, and has the foundations for greatness. I already prefer it to poor old Imperator (and Stellaris in its current form).

It certainly was an experience, you would not believe how much those people despised the war-time government. It puts the past in perspective a bit, especially with Royal Prerogative going on at the moment.

I've heard this a few times, which, given our current veneration of it is absolutely fascinating.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have to disagree that it is 'pretty much playable', 1066 is ok but 867 is awful. But it looks amazing, and has the foundations for greatness. I already prefer it to poor old Imperator (and Stellaris in its current form).

I have only played the tutorial and not finished that yet so it might have been pre-emptive to okay the game, but given I've played it for several hours and not had too much problem aside from load times, I think its alright at least. You will, I think, get your moneys worth with it. Just very, very annoying that some longstanding ck2 stuff is very noticeably absent instead of being part of the foundations from the get go.

No republics is so astonishingly vile, considering that it will almost certainly be in one of the first DLC packs. I am both annoyed at the dev team for not working on it and implimenting as base standard, and the money guys behind them who at first planning probably circled them as things to put in later.

I've heard this a few times, which, given our current veneration of it is absolutely fascinating.

The various mental gymnastics people jump through to explain the post war 'shock' Labour win are a lot more explainable when the national gov was viewed as tyrannical, imbecellic and rather evil, with Churchill and Eden put on pedestals as wartime leaders but not particularly good at anything else. So their support evaporated quickly afterwards, though the respect remained.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@TheButterflyComposer : About time to announce a new winner...

Quite right.

Well, as is my want, I look for a different game to give the award to, and Vicky2 is so resplendent in AARs right now:

@slothinator , I think, for the byzantine and cunning weasels running the Holy Catholic Church in their great work, Annuntio Vobis: A Papal History of Italy, specifically Pope Urban IX and his merry men, Cardinal Luigi Lambruschin, Cardinal Libero Cappellini and Cardinal Amato Aloisi.

Well done indeed, sir!

Reactions:
Bravo! Good shout, TBC. Highly deserved congratulations to @slothinator!

An excellent choice. Congratulations @slothinator , may your characters many mortal sins catch up with them and divine justice rain down upon them.

Congratulations ! Very well deserved (I'm a bit late but I will catch up soon ;) ).

Quite right.

Well, as is my want, I look for a different game to give the award to, and Vicky2 is so resplendent in AARs right now:

@slothinator , I think, for the byzantine and cunning weasels running the Holy Catholic Church in their great work, Annuntio Vobis: A Papal History of Italy, specifically Pope Urban IX and his merry men, Cardinal Luigi Lambruschin, Cardinal Libero Cappellini and Cardinal Amato Aloisi.

Well done indeed, sir!
Congrats!
Congratulations @slothinator!
Bravo! Good shout, TBC. Highly deserved congratulations to @slothinator!
An excellent choice. Congratulations @slothinator , may your characters many mortal sins catch up with them and divine justice rain down upon them.
Congratulations ! Very well deserved (I'm a bit late but I will catch up soon ;) ).
Congratulations @slothinator !

Thank you very much for your kind words and especially @TheButterflyComposer for the nomination!

Now, as my week closes, I would like to nominate @Dunaden for their ever-excellent The People of the Forest and in particular for King Syrka of Merya who was unexpectedly thrust into power but has grown into an able king that I'm curious to see more of!

Reactions: