• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also read the first few chapters of the Green Tide and really enjoyed the idea of it. There is also something to be said about writing characters that I would like to stab in the throat. I guess that's the Joffrey effect. Congratulations @iisbroke!

Firstly, thanks to everyone again for the thanks they gave. It's been noticed and appreciated.

Secondly, I had some difficulty trying to decide who to reward here. I read a few AARs, and I hate the idea of unintentionally hurting feelings or making people think I don't appreciate them. At the same time, I've said before that I like to try to bring attention to new AAR writers, or little-known AARs.

As such, I'd like to nominate @iisbroke and his AAR Elder Kings AAR: Green Tide. It's fun to read, as it's written with snippets of information from various sources in the Elder Scrolls world. Basically, you watch an orsimer (orcs in Elder Scrolls) group of raiders transform their desmense into a massive empire. Also, his intermingling of Warcraft II graphics made me relive some very happy moments from my childhood.

In regards to characters, I choose Gularzob, one of the early leaders in the budding orsimer empire, and certainly one of the most interesting.

Congratulations, iisbroke!
Wasn't expecting this when I got back from installing tile over the weekend, thanks man. Also I agree, Gularzob the Cleansing Flame was quite an enjoyable character to write.

A very worthy choice. @iisbroke 's tale is very underknown in my opinion. It is constructed largely from the perspective of those who deal with the main characters, not from the characters themselves. This presents a multiplicity of viewpoints from which he builds his story and his characters- a great technique.

Many congratulations.
As always, I'm glad you enjoy that style, for I really was testing something for the first time with it. For the sake of time and easement for readers I've created more consistant font types as I've worked on the posts over these last few months. Still the best/hardest part is creating a different voice for each snippet of information so it feels like different characters rather than just me the author parroting what they said.

I also read the first few chapters of the Green Tide and really enjoyed the idea of it. There is also something to be said about writing characters that I would like to stab in the throat. I guess that's the Joffrey effect. Congratulations @iisbroke!
Oh noooooooeeeeeessssseeeee, yeah I don't do strict roleplay but some characters have been more bastardly [dastardly+bastards] than others XD

Congratulations @iisbroke !
A great story @iisbroke! Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Congratulations @iisbroke! :D
Congratulations!
Thanks to all of you!

I'll have to comb through some AARs to try and find someone for next week's award. Thanks so much people.

NEW WINNER

I've combed through a handful of AARs this week in my spare time for this award and there is one that really impressed me, which hadn't already been picked before. I would like to nominate the character Guarnito from the The Eternal City has Fallen: An Alternate History Papal AAR by @willr428.

The AAR uses a mod to allow a playthrough of the Papal States, yet it also takes place in a slightly altered history of Europe. The AAR brought back nostalgic memories of EU3 where I created a Papist Empire, and though the AAR is in its early stages I believe that is the direction it will go. However, we're not here to just talk about the AAR.

I chose the character Guarnito because he has had the most character growth throughout the AAR so far. The man started as Marshal of the Papal States. He had a loss of faith from failing to defend the eternal city from the Aghlabidic invaders, yet from Ravenna did what he could for the pope. The marshal gave what military advise he could but had his flaws by being greedy and skimming coin off the top from mercenary payments. Later he failed to protect his pope from the enemies of Christendom, yet several years after retook the Rome. His faith restored and in need of redemption, Guarnito volunteered and was granted the leadership of the newly formed Holy Order of St. Nicolaus [named after the pope he failed].

A great AAR, a great character, and a worthy winner. Congratulations @willr428

Good pick! Congratulations!

Congratulations!

NEW WINNER

I've combed through a handful of AARs this week in my spare time for this award and there is one that really impressed me, which hadn't already been picked before. I would like to nominate the character Guarnito from the The Eternal City has Fallen: An Alternate History Papal AAR by @willr428.

The AAR uses a mod to allow a playthrough of the Papal States, yet it also takes place in a slightly altered history of Europe. The AAR brought back nostalgic memories of EU3 where I created a Papist Empire, and though the AAR is in its early stages I believe that is the direction it will go. However, we're not here to just talk about the AAR.

I chose the character Guarnito because he has had the most character growth throughout the AAR so far. The man started as Marshal of the Papal States. He had a loss of faith from failing to defend the eternal city from the Aghlabidic invaders, yet from Ravenna did what he could for the pope. The marshal gave what military advise he could but had his flaws by being greedy and skimming coin off the top from mercenary payments. Later he failed to protect his pope from the enemies of Christendom, yet several years after retook the Rome. His faith restored and in need of redemption, Guarnito volunteered and was granted the leadership of the newly formed Holy Order of St. Nicolaus [named after the pope he failed].

Congratulations @willr428!

A great AAR, a great character, and a worthy winner. Congratulations @willr428

Good pick! Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Thank you all very much!

Good effort and a great character in Guarnito

I think we may be due for another CWoW... :)

Congrats to you @willr428! Do you have a nomination?

I will repeat...mayhap time for a new CWoW. It's been nearly a month. :)

Can I relinquish the job of picking a winner? I don't have lots of time to read AARs and have lots of summer work to do.

Can I relinquish the job of picking a winner? I don't have lots of time to read AARs and have lots of summer work to do.
Of course