• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I nominate @vyshan for the coterie of characters at the heart of A Better World is Coming - KR CSA

This AAR tells the of a group of Syndaclists as the world falls apart around them and they try to forge their nation into something better than it was before. I especially like the character of Evelyn, who I think in many ways is the most idealistic of the characters present, and who is also the one I am most afraid may yet become something monstrous in her idealism, so convinced is she by the rightness of her cause.

For those who don't know what the "KR" means - it stands for Kaiserreich, and alternate history setting for the HoI series that has been under development in one form or another since HoI2. It supposes that Germany won WW1. I highly recommend it.

Congratulations, @vyshan! I promise that one of these days I'll find a way to leave a meaningful comment.

Damn you @stynlan, you slimy fox. Yet I'm glad someone got CWoW and again I've not read the AAR but those character focused ones are my favorite and I'll be having this on my watchlist.
Congratulations @vyshan! 'N keep on writing about the dark and ruthless world of Vicky 2.

I nominate @vyshan for the coterie of characters at the heart of A Better World is Coming - KR CSA

This AAR tells the of a group of Syndaclists as the world falls apart around them and they try to forge their nation into something better than it was before. I especially like the character of Evelyn, who I think in many ways is the most idealistic of the characters present, and who is also the one I am most afraid may yet become something monstrous in her idealism, so convinced is she by the rightness of her cause.

For those who don't know what the "KR" means - it stands for Kaiserreich, and alternate history setting for the HoI series that has been under development in one form or another since HoI2. It supposes that Germany won WW1. I highly recommend it.

Congratulations, @vyshan! I promise that one of these days I'll find a way to leave a meaningful comment.

Congratulations, @vyshan!

Congratulations, @vyshan !

Congratulations @vyshan!

Thanks everyone. :)

Damn you @stynlan, you slimy fox. Yet I'm glad someone got CWoW and again I've not read the AAR but those character focused ones are my favorite and I'll be having this on my watchlist.
Congratulations @vyshan! 'N keep on writing about the dark and ruthless world of Vicky 2.
Thanks, though the game is using hoi4 KR not vicky 2 :p

@vyshan : It's about time to pick your new winner for Character Writer of the Week.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read many other AARs as I would like with how busy I have been missing/real life. So I would like to relinquish my job of picking a winner.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read many other AARs as I would like with how busy I have been missing/real life. So I would like to relinquish my job of picking a winner.

Open for nominations. First come, first serve.

I hope real life quiets down a bit soon, vyshan!

Congratulations @CamCam2265! Truly well deserved, funnily enough I was just reading through your first posts. May I say your characters are about as tolerable as a three year old tuna sandwich. Which by no means is bad character writing on the other hand, unlikeable characters are one of the most likeable and interesting characters one can write (is that a thing? I'm pretty sure it's a thing).

Then I'd like to nominate @CamCam2265 's The Bayvor Hive - Project Soul Search AAR, for the intriguing portrayal of incoming insanity on a wide scale among scientists studying aliens.:)
Congratulations @CamCam2265! Truly well deserved, funnily enough I was just reading through your first posts. May I say your characters are about as tolerable as a three year old tuna sandwich. Which by no means is bad character writing on the other hand, unlikeable characters are one of the most likeable and interesting characters one can write (is that a thing? I'm pretty sure it's a thing).

Aww, Thank you guys so much! This is an unexpected treat! I really appreciate it.

Congratulations!

Very many congratulations. You have done an excellent job in creating these characters. Hip-hip Hooray!