• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That does seem fair. But regardless, congratulations @Cycle

Reactions:
Well, thank you very much! This is an unexpected honor. I've struggled with maintaining a recognizable character narrative while also writing out the broader context of the Megacampaign with its national destinies. Postcards might have been a touch too ambitious for a first AAR and limited time, but it looks like it's worked out! I'm glad that the characters - our immortal protagonist in particular - have been memorable enough to earn me this nomination.

I've been neglecting my AAR-reading recently, so this gives me a nice push to get back to it. I shall return with a suitable candidate next week!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I nominate @Cycle for the many-named protagonist of Postcards from Eternity: A Megacampaign AAR. I am not quite caught up on the story but I can vouch for the depth of its writing.

May I also suggest, given that it is practically the weekend already, that we allow @Cycle until next Sunday to hold this title?
That has always been the unofficial policy if the award is handed over in the second half of the week, unless the receiver decides otherwise him/herself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congrats on a well deserved nod!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think I'm going to have to let y'all choose the next one. I have not had the time needed to properly read any AAR that fits the criteria, so I feel it is more fair to let someone with a thought-out suggestion take this.

Thank you again and, uh, sorry! At least this gave me the kick to start reading AARs again. I have, like, six open in my tabs right now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations indeed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The week has passed! Once again, I appreciate the nod and I'm happy to see people enjoying my writing of Liutpold and Beatrix!

However, as with my predecessor, I'm afraid that the past week has left me almost no time to read AARs, and I would prefer to open the award for nominations to allow a more educated choice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've been kept away from the forums for a couple of weeks so I don't have a nominee on hand myself, but I hope no one will mind if I give this a bump. Would be a shame to let the award lie dormant.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Would be a shame to let the award lie dormant.
Agreed, and I can think of someone who is worthy of the award.

So, @Bannerman21 has been writing an AAR based on Crusader Kings III, and I for one am quite enjoying the conversations and character interactions. Sometimes, the Best Character Writer of the Week should be recognized not for a single character, but for their ability to write convincing and believable actions between a whole cast.

I want to nominate @Bannerman21 for the whole cast of The Emerald Isles- An Ireland AAR!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: