• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last online March 17th...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think I've said this before, but I love it when I can figure out details of a character's personality by watching how they interact with other cast members. Deep conversations and detailed backstory revelations are great and all, but sometimes some good old-fashioned banter is enough to grab the reader and hold their attention.

Normally, when I read AARs on this forum, I plug them into a Text-to-Speech engine and listen to the story as a "robotic audiobook" of sorts. About a month ago, I found an AAR update that blew me away so thoroughly that I've listened to it several times since.

Shattered Glass: A Narrative Stellaris AAR is a Stellaris story written by @Von Acturus, and it has some of the best back-and-forth banter I've read in the past few months, especially between Protagonist Borza and a drone of questionable friendliness. I, for one, was hooked right away. So I would love to give a week in the spotlight to the new Best Character Writer of the Week: @Von Acturus for their character Borza from Shattered Glass!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
There are probably hitherto un-contacted tribes in the deepest Amazon who could guess Macavity would nominate a Stellaris work, I am told he actually gets a nosebleed if he accidentally clicks on any of the other forums. ;)

That said, from the restricted pond he is selecting from he has made an excellent choice. Shattered Glass is indeed a gripping work with some very well drawn characters, congratulations indeed @Von Acturus for a very well deserved win.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
There are probably hitherto un-contacted tribes in the deepest Amazon who could guess Macavity would nominate a Stellaris work, I am told he actually gets a nosebleed if he accidentally clicks on any of the other forums. ;)
Folks, we've gotta stop these awAArds from getting stuck. @El Pip is going to run out of ways to mess with me soon. XD

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Despite it being another Stellaris work, a very fine choice @Macavity116 and thanks for keeping the thread moving! Also...that sounds like a pretty cool feature you mention. Where does one get one of those things? In the future? :p

Very well done @Von Acturus . I've just looked at it and though I do not really read too many Stellaris works, I do love a good narrative AAR! Keep at it! :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
@El Pip will surely faint if and when that happens. ;) From what, I do not know.

Else, a very worthy selection, congratulations @Von Acturus !

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hey everyone! As my successor in the metaphorical spotlight, I'd like to nominate @iain_a_wilson 's excellent and hilarious Suenik Reloaded and it's latest child monarch, Gurgen, whose reign promises to bring readers much amusement and suenik much witch burning, statue building, self flattery and consumption epidemics. If it doesn't end prematurely, that is.

• 3Like
Reactions:
An excellent suggestion and young Gurgen has already won the month in the last post with this prime line:

I learned a new word today.

"Whore".

Yet I would counsel that @iain_a_wilson won this award exactly two months ago. The nod is entirely deserved but in future please refer to the first post to see who has won recently so we can pass it around as much as possible.

That said, congrats once again Iain! It is most certainly well earned. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Right, I've had this baby for long enough, so time to hand it on.

I've had a look at the various great AARs that I follow, and I've decided that the deserved winner of this, for the various wonderful characters he's documented, is @Bullfilter for his long running AAR "Blud und Schlacht" We've seen many great characters in this story, but I really enjoyed Emperor Eilif II :)

Congrats Bullfilter!

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you so much @iain_a_wilson and belated congratulations to both you (Gurgen was one of a series of great characters cursed to rule Suenik) and @Von Acturus ; I’d lost sight of this one for a couple of weeks.

Eilif II - outwardly charming enough but secret devotee of Hel that he was - would probably thank you by only sending the friendliest demon he could muster to possess you, rather than having you “disappear without a trace” in some ghastly bloodbath. :D But I thank you far more genuinely, fulsomely and kindly! :)

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: