• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're giving it up a bit early, aren't you Wave? ;) Either way, congratulations Saithis! :)

Well I rather think that I was given it a bit late (Friday) so in my opinion it's kinda logical to pass the award on in the beginning of the week and enjoy for the rest, right? :D

Congratulations, Saithis! Very well deserved!

Unexpected, but thank you Wave! I can understand your reasoning for passing it off a bit early given its hot potato nature. And yes, I know I'm terribly overdue an update, I've had both RL business and writer's block. Thank you very much for the award, and belated congrats yourself! I've been quite busy this week but I'll try to get an update out before the weekend at the latest - deal? ;)

Thanks to everyone else for the congrats!

Thanks again to everyone for the congratulations and to Wave for his kind nomination. I'm sure my fans have already noticed my failure to update, and I'm so sorry! Hopefully it'll be fixed this week...for once.

I'm also late in handing this over, although from what I understand it should be the nearest sunday to 1 week, making this only a day late. Nonetheless, I've spent what spare time I have reading up and checking on things. The winner for me isn't the longest-running AAR writer by a long shot, but I genuinely believe has written the best characters of any AAR I've read in the last few months. There are a lot of great character writers out there but in the end, I had to choose my favourite: Apelstav for all of the fantastically written characters in his AAR The Curse of Brothers. Detailing the feuding Spanish monarchs with fantastic personality and detail, he paints a wonderful picture, especially of their sister Urraca, whose ambitions and desires are frustrated by her gender's assigned role.

Congratulations Apelstav, you deserve it.

Congratulations!

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and especially thanks to Saithis for the nomination. I can't begin to express the honor it is being nominated by the author of the North Star-series, having been a fan of Piety years ago (though I must admit to not having read it in its entirety) when I was but a mere lurker in the CK1-forum. Now to finding someone to pass the award to in a week. There's a bloody lot of fine AAR's to read through and choose from.

Thanks yet again!

Congratulations Apelstav! I haven't read any Spain CK2 AARs but this should be a good way to start then :)

Congratulations! A strong start to the story...

Passing it forward

Hello everyone and thanks once more for all congratulations, and special thanks to Saithis for the nomination!

So... time for me to pass this on then. Having read a round a lot the last week, venturing out from the CKII-forum for the first time since the game came out basically I soon realized there's a bloody lot of good writers in AARland and I found myself cursing Saithis name (you only did this to keep me from writing that song about Harald, didn't you?) quite a few times. In the end, however, I found myself in the position of doing the exact opposite of what Saithis did by nominating me - that is passing the award to an up-and-coming-all-brand-new-AAR-author - and instead nominating one of the veterans in the forum.

Having been a lurker in AARland for far longer than I've been writing myself (or even posting in the general forums), there's been a few AARs over the years that I would like to say made me start writing here. Among these we find one that I've followed since its early beginnings in the CKI-forum and as it later was ported unto EUIII and just kept on rolling - the AAR I'm speaking of is the Baltikja-series written by the excellent Mr. Capiatlist.

Following the fates of the Saxon exiles in their struggle and rise as a great power at the shores of the Baltic Sea, Mr. Capiatlist have written many remarkable characters over the years, but one who always held a special place in my heart is the Prussian exile-prince Ælle who recently returned in a sub-story concerning his exploits in the Iberian crusades. Ælle's story is a tragic one, one of losing what you thought made you whom you are only to find it again in the most unlikely of places and Mr. Capiatlist portrays Ælle's internal struggle and growing maturity and insight in a beautiful way.

So, to the point then: Congratulations Mr. Capiatlist and Ælle Eadbertson for you are Best Character Writer of the Week! The AAR you find here and the latest part of Ælle's story is to be found from here and onward.