• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You read Faith in Chaos? Too cool! Glad you enjoyed!
I guess I forgot to mention it! I'm working on My Sistership right now, although it doesn't look very long. I got to the battle with the refugee convoy, but I'll let you know what I think when I finish!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Shh... everyone, we've got to be quiet. I just noticed that nobody added my name to the list of winners for this awAARd, which means if I pass the awAARd along right now there will be a mysterious unexplained gap in the previous winners roster. I'm all for creating mysteries. ; ) But we've got to be really sneaky about this. Follow my lead.

Ahem...

So you all know me. Villainy is my thing. I'm a firm believer in the idea that a protagonist is only as strong as the antagonist they're up against... which is why my own antagonist seems to outlive her protagonist counterparts quite frequently.

However, we've all had those moments where we just want the bad guys to win. The Empire looks so freaking cool and the Dark Side has previously claimed to have cookies, high salaries, quality insurance packages, and sweet retirement pensions. So where do my fellow Stellaris players turn when we want our daily dose of "The Bad Guy Wins"?

We pay a visit to the Stellaris Story known as Stellaris Wars: An Ironman Saga by @Arithmetician. At first glance, you might think that we're just there to laugh at the inevitable Darth Jeff jokes that have plagued the Stellaris community ever since the Necroids DLC, but you would be wrong. The true star of this show is not the Sith Lord but the Sith Apprentice.

Darth Vidia is the Dark Lady of the Sith and she straight-up hijacks the story in memorable and spectacular fashion, especially if you are a person like myself who only knows the Star Wars movies and nothing else from that series. Before too long, I was reading the story for her and her alone. So, I present your new Best Character Writer of the Week: @Arithmetician!

And with that, this awAARd has been transferred from one villainous character, Akira Robinson, to another in Darth Vidia.

Just in time for Halloween! Muahaha!

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Macavity116 Thanks!!!

I’ll see if I can put together another quick update on Stellaris Wars: A Nemesis Ironman Saga tomorrow morning. Work has been hectic lately, leaving me less time to write, and when I could play, I was pushing to finish a game before 3.2 comes out. I managed to do so last night, and I’ve now started documenting in:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/resistance-is-impolite-a-blorg-collective-aar.1494812/

It’s a much more concise AAR though, given the nature of the story and my own real-life time restrictions. Stellaris Wars is still my main AAR priority, even if the pace has slowed recently. Still, feel free to check it out if you’re interested!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Regrettably, I haven’t been able to read many other AARs recently, in part due to being busy with work, so I don’t have a character ready to nominate at this time. If anyone else has a character that they would like to nominate, I can yield the choice to them.

If I happen to have time before the end of the weekend and see a character I like, I can still nominate them here, but I figure I should open it up to others so that they have time to think of a character they’d like to see nominated if I do not.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I still haven’t been able to come up with a character, so I yield the choice of nomination.

Sorry about that. But I am glad to have been nominated myself last week.

Thus opened for nomination!

First come, first serve, as always.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Though the Dust of You is Gone is a dark Stellaris story, and @HistoryDude has woven the protagonist's backstory seamlessly into the rest of the world around him.

If you remove Jack from the story or replace him with somebody else, you won't have Though the Dust of You is Gone anymore. In my opinion, that's an important thing to keep in mind when writing a story.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Humans and Offworlders, your Character Writer of the Week: @HistoryDude for the protagonist Jack!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congrats @HistoryDude , you have a ton of AARs going on!

• 2Like
Reactions: