• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks one and all - I'm extremely honoured to have received this award again! As a writer, I like to take the time to try and make my characters unique and memorable, so it is nice when people notice that!

I've been thinking long and hard about the AARs I read and which ones have really good characterisations that jump out at the reader, and the one that I've settled on is a new AAR. It's only a couple of entries in, but already the author has shown great skill in crafting a main character that I want to know more about and who is one I can already see developing.

So, with that, I pass the torch onto @DumBMan for his work on the character Bold in the AAR Wolf of the Plains.

Congrats mate!

Many congratulations

Oh my goodness! This was totally unexpected, it caught me off guard. I am extremelly honoured to recieve this award, and I would like to thank everyone and you @iain_a_wilson for passing the torch to me. It really feels special when someone acknowledges your work, and I'll be honest in saying that I really put my writing skills to the test with Wolf of the Plains which makes this award even better.

This is my first award, one I'll remember forever, for it's a first one I recieved for writing and because it was so unexpected. What else can I say, other than that I will do my best with my new AAR and try not to disappoint. Once again, I would like to thank everyone for kind words and wish you all a great week!

Last edited:
Congratulations! The first award is always a fun and special one.

I echo the above: congrats @DumBMan :)

Once again I thank you, friends. :)

In case you don't know, you are supposed to pick the new winner, or let us know you can't.

I am sorry to disappoint everyone, but I will not be able to pick a new winner for a reason that I didn't read anything pretty much past few days because I've been busy with work and exams. I haven't written anything either, so I pass my obligation of choosing a next winner to you, my fellow writers and readers. I trust you will choose a worthy winner. ;)

In that case I want to highlight a very recent AAR which is already immense in its verboseness, and which makes its characters very alive. It's not really for one character in particular, even though the character Adam does stick out, rather the whole host we follow in their meeting in this first chapter (where I am at page 23 out of 33 in chapter one and 84(!) in chapter two in book/pdf format. And it's a real page turner! I haven't got farther due to RL, but it hooked me from the start. So ladies and gentlemen, meet the Character Writer of the Week, @MagKel , and his impressive work "Stealing the Thunder - A Stellaris short story"!

I have only skimmed this work so far, but it certainly sticks out. Congratulations @MagKel