• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats RossN!

Wow, thank you guys especially you Fyregecko for the nomination! :)

For those of you interested Princess Ragnhild is the younger daughter of Harald Hardrada of 1066 fame. She recently married the (much younger) King of England, can barely speak a word of English and has relatives through blood and through marriage who would love to see her husband off the throne. So fun, if worrying, times ahead!

Congrats, RossN!

While I have not had much time this week to update my own (now award winning) AAR I have tried to seek out a character writer I particularly like. I mostly read Crusader Kings 2 AARs these days but I didn't want the award to go to the same game two weeks running so I looked around and found a very interesting new EU III AAR.

This week the award goes to Rauchen for Duke Christian VI in A New Era for an Old Town: An Oldenburg AAR. One scene really caught my imagination where the Duke learns his rival has taken command of an army and... well read it for yourselves. :)

Congratulations Rauchen! :)

Congratulations Rauchen!

Normally I stick to the EU3 AARs, but I poked through the CK, HoI, and Victoria AARs in my search for the next candidate. It was the CK2 section that drew my attention, as there is some good writing going on there right now. My dilemma was that many of these AARs were using a Game of Thrones mod, and so many of the characters in these were created by George Martin. With respect to fanfic authors, it didn't seem quite right to award a character writing award to anyone using characters that weren't their own. Because of this position, I almost skipped over Zealuu's A Song of Mostly Ice, expecting it to just be a rehashing of the Starks in Winterfell, but never just judge a book by its cover...or an AAR by its title. :p

This AAR is centered around the av Åsane dynasty of Bergenhus and the Yngling royal family of Norway, and contains many compelling characters with their own individual ambitions and motives. It's not as picture-heavy as your standard AAR, but its a well-rounded and excellent story and very much worthy of this award. So, the award passes to Zealuu, for the characters Queen Gyda Yngling and Lendmann Harald av Åsane.

Congratulations, Zealuu. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Congratulations Zealuu and all former winners that I haven't congratulated!