• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well this is certainly a surprise! Thank you Amric! :D

Only two posts in right now on the new Quest, but it has been fun to bring the guys back and see what new things I might be able to do with them. This AAR is a sequel to my previous quest attempt - Quest: The Spanish Search For Gold - which sadly ended with lost files. It took my literally years to find a new way to present them and the For the Glory game offered a great background to return Jackie Powers, Goldfinger, and yes...even King Midas back into action.:D

There are some new players this time around since wine is the goal rather than gold, but the idea pretty much remains the same. We follow the quest and hear the judges and various active parties discuss the game action. Sometimes hilarity ensues...and others, the jokes fall flat. :rolleyes: But it is fun and helps liven up the game and writing.

To be honest, when this award was first instituted back in 2006, I figured it was a sop to the narrative crowd and certainly well worth it as this forum has a great number of excellent fiction writers. But as the years have passed, we've seen plenty of different types of characters in AARs that captured this award and among them, comedy can certainly be king...and yes folks, Coz is writing comedy this time so I am extra thankful that Amric picked this. Shows the great inclusiveness I love about this place. If you want it, you can find it. :cool::D

Thanks again to all of you and let me know what you think if you get a chance to stop by the thread. I truly appreciate all the well wishes and must point out in a rare moment of shameless lack of humility...I've won this award every single year since 2006. It is no less exciting and appreciated today than it was the first time. It does mean quite a lot to a writer to have their work considered. ;)

Back in quick enough time to pick a worthy successor...but you better believe I'm keeping it for at least a few days. :p

Congratulations!

Congratulations to both Amric (sorry I'm late) and coz1! Amric, I haven't read your latest, but it's great to see you writing again - it's a soothing reaffirmation that things are the way they should be. ;)

coz1, the bit with Dino alone would've been enough to convince me you deserved this award, but I'll admit I'm a little biased there. :) The interplay between Goldfinger and whoever happens to be in his way is always amusing to read.

Congrats again!

Congratulations, Coz1. I think the format of Quest is great - it's original, quirky and amusing. A new way of delivering gameplay/comedy AARs. A well deserved award.

Congratulations coz! Nice to see you back writing again :)

Thank you again for all the well wishes. And to get us back on a Sunday to Sunday schedule, I'll go ahead and pass this off now. I spent some time looking around yesterday and was dismayed to find most of the narratives active are all folks who have won before. Nothing wrong with passing it on to a previous recipient, but I like to make sure there isn't somebody who hasn't won before and perhaps is just as deserving as some old hats...and there are quite a few of you.

I could have passed this to among others, General_BT, Director, Le Jones, Lordban, canonized, cthulhu, Kurt_Steiner and even considered The Yogi since he's back writing and hasn't won one of these since 2006. :eek: That's just a sampling too. The great ones have generally been picked before.

But then I let my mind consider how I won this thing this time and it wasn't for a narrative. I previously won this for 40 Years On and that was more a chronicle/history book. And there is certainly one of those out there right now with a writer never before tapped for this award. Thus I give you...

AllmyJames​

For his work in The Atheling Chronicle - A King without a Crown. Each update is a chronicle of what occurred but there is certainly a subjective minded writer producing the information. The characters of the various chroniclers comes out very well. :cool:

Congrats AllmyJames! This is well deserved!

Congratz! :)

Congratulations!
Your writing skills deserve this.
You can write with pride!​

Congratulations AllmyJames!

Congratulations!