• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And thus it falls once more to me to declare this weekly awAARd open for nomination! As always, first come, first serve. Be sure to check out the first post to see who won already in the past +-6 months.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I nominate @CBR JGWRR for their portrayal of Yehoshua HaMaadimi, especially the captivating last interview update, from their AAR HaaMadimi Imperium. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
@Nikolai - I appreciate the compliment, but I feel I must decline because Yehoshua HaMaadimi is who I would be if I had a starting budget in the hundreds of billions of dollars, and therefore I feel obliged to decline this honour due to the nature of authorial self-inserts. While I recognise that inherently many characters draw on elements from the writer themselves (writing what we know is generally a good place to begin with in fiction contexts, particularly in historical or psuedo-historical speculative fiction) in this case Yehoshua HaMaadimi is literally just an extrapolation of me; my ideas, an as yet unrealised budget, more oratory training and a retranslation of the first name and a new surname that means "The Martian".

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, @CBR JGWRR , that's a lot of writing anyways. Off the top of my head, that's basically Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, and Laurel K Hamilton for sure, probably most authors. Accept the award because it reflects more on your writing ability!

Reactions:
Actually you guys only get the first draft; it's why the quality can be so variable. It's also why you get finished pieces from a guy who has more than two dozen works in progress in his own IP...

I respect that it is a compliment, but it's the wrong character; Yehoshua HaMaadimi could not accept it. My shout into the void is not selfishness and the seeking of fame, but the belief that for Humanity to grow our destiny lies beyond the third rock from Sol. Yehoshua HaMaadimi is merely a me who got to act on the dream of greater things.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations (possibly) to our (maybe) winner if they grudgingly accept it. Or to whoever does end up being the winner, if someone does, assuming they deserve it, which they may not, if this award doesn't get stuck, which it probably will.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Congratulations (possibly) to our (maybe) winner if they grudgingly accept it. Or to whoever does end up being the winner, if someone does, assuming they deserve it, which they may not, if this award doesn't get stuck, which it probably will.
@El Pip always prescient. Stuck it seems so perhaps time for a new one?? ;)

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Opened for nomination. First come, first serve.

Thank you for your vigilance @coz1 and a few others, you know who you are.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Happy to be of service, @Qorten . :)

And since it's an open nomination, allow me to put forward @iain_a_wilson for his highly entertaining King Artashes 'The Hunter' of Suenik in Suenik Reloaded! Iain has returned after a 3 year hiatus and the time has only improved the more than amusing tale of growing Suenik and its rulers. As Artashes might say - GOOD MAN!!

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Wow - thanks very much @coz1 This is an unexpected (but very pleasant!) surprise. Thankfully, my three year hiatus has seen me returned full of enthusiasm, so dear old Suenik is getting fairly regular updates. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
By fairly regular he means a terrifyingly fast pace that I have miserably failed to keep up with.

But that flaw aside an excellent pick from @coz1 as always and it is right a resurrected masterpiece is richly rewarded. Congratulations indeed @iain_a_wilson the characters of Suenik are excellent and consistently hilarious.
Z3wSg01.gif

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Right, I've had my week in the spotlight, so it's my turn to pass this shiny bauble onto someone more deserving! In the interests of preserving some CKII hegemony (hey - if it's good enough for Stellaris it's good enough for me... ;) ) I'm going to nominate @Eludio for the extremely well written Princess Alexandra from the excellent AAR To the Strongest. Writing children is never easy, but Eludio captures this young girl growing up in an extremely different culture very, very well. Great job - enjoy the award!

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: