• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, to both ProfessorEGGAD and AP!

:O Such is my reaction to have won this award.

I'm really pleased SPQR has been so well recieved in it's short history (It's still only 3/4 pages long with only about 4 updates) and I wasn't sure how well I would do a juggling so many personages effectively (I still do worry about that) but I'm glad that you've liked it so far (and hopefully I can keep it fun!) and thank you, commentors and lurkers. Seeing page views climb lets me know even you quiet ones are still reading :)

(Please note that the actual AAR contains a preposterous amount of parentheses, but not one Umlat! (that I'm aware of...they are a sneaky lot, after all))

Last edited:
Nice choice. Congratulations AP :)

Congratulations, AP! :)

Congratulations! It's amazing how just a few quick brush strokes can create such compelling portraits of incompetence. Prize for 'Person You'd Most Love To Hate' has to go to Nick, the proto-communist nincompoop, of course. :)

Unfortunately, I do have to correct one of your assertions:
Post#1 said:
It was the Dorians who later built the three important cities of Lindos, Ialyssos and Kameiros, which together with Kos, Cnidus and Halicarnassus (on the mainland) made up the so-called Dorian Hexapolis.
and
Post#1 said:
Demetrius created huge siege engines including a 180 ft (55 m) battering ram and a siege tower named Helepolis that weighed 360,000 pounds (163,293 kg).
And even in update titles:
Post#7 said:
Episode 1 - Sic Semper Tyrannus! (Just in Greek)
and the narrative itself:
Post#14 said:
Finally, there was the Populist Party (also known as ‘The Black Panthers’ and, sometimes, ‘The Real Reds’).
Why, your story has almost as many parentheses as jokes! ;)

Yes, yes, I'm aware that this exposes me as a blathering nitpicker with way too much time on his hands. :D Anyway, congratulations on the well-deserved award!

Congratulations! It's amazing how just a few quick brush strokes can create such compelling portraits of incompetence. Prize for 'Person You'd Most Love To Hate' has to go to Nick, the proto-communist nincompoop, of course. :)

Unfortunately, I do have to correct one of your assertions:

and

And even in update titles:

and the narrative itself:

Why, your story has almost as many parentheses as jokes! ;)

Yes, yes, I'm aware that this exposes me as a blathering nitpicker with way too much time on his hands. :D Anyway, congratulations on the well-deserved award!

I am humbled...and have changed my earlier claim to reflect this.

A belated congratulations to the past winners and a whole-hearted congratulations to AP, who continues to put out great work.

Alrighty...I've held this prize as long as I could, but the time has come to pass it along. First, though, thank you to ProfessorEGADD for nominating me, to all of you well wishers and to every Commentor and Lurker who reads my crap. You guys (and gals) rock.

Now, onto a successor. This is always hard for me. I've poured through the list of recent winners, I've poured through the AARs I read (I read alot more than I comment in...I wouldn't have time to read as much if I didn't lurk) and there are a lot of you who deserve this award (certainly more than I do!), but in the end, I've decided to send this awAARd over to my first love, Crusader Kings.

There is an AAR going on there which is (yes the word choice is awkward) deliciously funny. Not only is it funny, but the humor is quite character-driven and he's given each main character a solid personality, from the Agnostic Court Bishop (okay, not a main character, per se, but damn he's funny!) to the calculating and hard Bo, Duke. (The fact that the author pretends that his highly original, outrageously funny, and very well done work is in any way a 'ripoff' of mine is flattering to my ego, but wasn't the sole reason for passing along this award :D ) Frankly, it is hard to believe that this is the author's first attempt at an AAR!

I give you There and never back again: Escape from Sweden and Kommunaut. Kommunaut, enjoy you week in the sun (oh, and speech!)

(God! Stuyvesant was right! It's like a sickness or something!)

Congratulations! :)

Huzzah :D Very well done !

Congratulations, Kommunaut!

Congratulations!