• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Uriah :)

Congratulations!

Congrats Uriah ! :D
Congratulations!
Congrats Uriah!
Congratulations, Uriah!
Congratulations, Uriah!
Congratulations, Uriah :)
Congratulations!
Congrats, Uriah!
Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Congrats,

sadly I can't nominate your AAR for the Showcase now. Perhaps you will get it later.
Gasp, something unique!:eek:

Not to seem clichéd, but "Congrats, Uriah!";):D

Congratulations and felicitations! (there, broke the pattern for ya, King_Richard ;) )

To everyone who posted congratulations - thankyou.

And of course to Saithis, for his very kind words.

Having been a "lurker" for years, I have read many AARs and never saw that I could match the skill, knowledge and love of writing that so many authors display. I still don't think I can - maybe it is just the enjoyment I get from most Paradox games that is seeping through. Or maybe I just found it easier to write about an "normal" person.

Anyway, now the pressure is on - how can I select the Christmas eve winnner in just seven days? I see some serious reading ahead of me. (I have neglected reading for the past few months as I spent so much time writing!)

Thanks once again.

I read quite a few AARs over the past few days, and enjoyed most, but the one I kept coming back to was Gabor's EU3 AAR:

Her(?)Story - Savoy MMP2.15

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446270

For starters, having female characters as the centrepieces is worthy of reward, but that alone would not have been enough.

What I really liked was the way a series of vignettes is put together to allow the story to flow. While short, Gabor draws a precise sketch of his subject and how she fits into his narrative. Although the AAR is pretty new, I already feel hooked. The writing is natural and expands the story line -just what I always think "role-play" AARs should do.

So, CharactAAR writer of Christmas week: Gabor.

Thanks for the quick reply Iain: I am not used to this system and messed up the link. Hope it works now.

Last edited:
Congratulations :D Well done !

Congratulations Gabor!

Live long and prosper, Gabor!

Oh, and congrats!:D

Congratulations Gabor!

Congratulations!

While short, Gabor draws a precise sketch of his subject and how she fits into his narrative... The writing is natural and expands the story line -just what I always think "role-play" AARs should do.

Totally agree with this.

Nice work, gabor. Congrats!