• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations! A well-deserved award for an excellent AAR!

Thank you all again for the wonderful congratulations for this fine award. Yet, now it is time to pass it along to another worthy recipient. I may be accused of favoritism, but I cannot help it. This writAAR has not won this award in over a decade even with his wonderful work. While I might normally single out a specific character (which is what this award is about) I really have to hand it to this writer...all are so good.

Thus, I give to you @stnylan for his Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu and the characters within. From the main seeker of knowledge to all others that give advice or fill out this world. Just wonderful in every way!

Congrats, old friend. This one is so very deserved!
Very many thanks my friend. Lisan has been fun to write, as our the cast so far scattered about it.

Congratulations @stnylan! I have yet to read your AARs, but with a recommendation from @coz1 your characters are surely well worthy the awAARd!:)

Congratulations @stnylan!

Congratulations, @stnylan ! Your stories are a marvel to read, my friend!

Congratulations @stnylan! For one who gives very much, it is fitting to receive as well!

Good call and it’s on my list of AARs to catch up on. Many congrats @stnylan

Congratulations @stnylan !

Congrats @stnylan! :D It really is a fascinating cast and setting, and I'm looking forward to the next update.

It certainly is very much deserved by @stnylan !

Congratulations! A well-deserved award for an excellent AAR!

Has anyone gone longer between successive awards? :eek:

Congratulations @stnylan. Looks like I have more reading ahead of me.

And very many thanks to everyone.

The chief challenge of my characters in Entering the First Court is that they are - for want of a better description - trans-dimensional beings for whom the constraints and defintions of matter are things they can put off and discard as acts of will. Trying to give some verisimillitude to that experience has been the challenge, but also the fun. My 'inspiration' for that is probably from Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time, in part at least.

So the time has come to pass this on. I don't believe this writAAR has be given this awAARd. People who have followed by recommendations for the last few months will know I have beens singing the praises of @EmpireofOne and his The Songs of Sheeran - A CKII AGOT Narrative AAR, inspired by a certain infamous cameo in the most recent Thrones season.

One of the reasons I have enjoyed this AAR so much is @EmpireofOne's very deft handling of his characters. The progenitor character - Ed - is perhaps the least well drawn, which would make sense as every other character has a childhood behind him or her. It is not that Ed is a bad character, but rather is like the pilot episode where things are not quite yet clicking. But when they do click - Albin, Dale, Humpfrey, Jorelle, Lanna, Melara - these and more fill out the pages with their presence. Some of these characters are heroes, other - knowingly or not - take on the role of the villain. Regardless they are all very convincing portrayals of human beings, and I commend to the community @EmpireofOne for the characters in this AAR, and in particular for my favourite - Dale Sheeran.

So the time has come to pass this on. I don't believe this writAAR has be given this awAARd. People who have followed by recommendations for the last few months will know I have beens singing the praises of @EmpireofOne and his The Songs of Sheeran - A CKII AGOT Narrative AAR, inspired by a certain infamous cameo in the most recent Thrones season.

One of the reasons I have enjoyed this AAR so much is @EmpireofOne's very deft handling of his characters. The progenitor character - Ed - is perhaps the least well drawn, which would make sense as every other character has a childhood behind him or her. It is not that Ed is a bad character, but rather is like the pilot episode where things are not quite yet clicking. But when they do click - Albin, Dale, Humpfrey, Jorelle, Lanna, Melara - these and more fill out the pages with their presence. Some of these characters are heroes, other - knowingly or not - take on the role of the villain. Regardless they are all very convincing portrayals of human beings, and I commend to the community @EmpireofOne for the characters in this AAR, and in particular for my favourite - Dale Sheeran.

Congratulations to @EmpireofOne !

Congratulations @EmpireofOne!

Congratulations @EmpireofOne!:)

Thank you so much everyone! I thought this AAR would be some good fun but now it's turned into a serious narrative with human characters that I enjoy writing immensely. I started this AAR back in late July and even as we start to head through November, the AAR is still going strong with an update a day! Just posted Chapter 135 right before I write these thanks too.

With the current generation getting older and the new generation starting to get some screentime of their own, I hope to continue to be worthy of this awAARd as we introduce new characters and flesh out those still in childhood.

Congratulations!

indeed. Well done.

Congratulations!

indeed. Well done.

Congratulations, @EmpireofOne !

Thank you! I'm gonna preempt the next nomination and admit that I just don't have the time to commit to an AAR. As such, I must pass on the baton to someone else when the time comes to choose the next winner. It kinda feels unfair, to have people read my AAR and even nominate me but I can't commit to other people's work. Still, I thank @stnylan for the nomination and everyone else for their congratulations.

And to whoever is going to become next week's Best Character Writer of the Week, I offer my congratulations in advance.

Thank you! I'm gonna preempt the next nomination and admit that I just don't have the time to commit to an AAR. As such, I must pass on the baton to someone else when the time comes to choose the next winner. It kinda feels unfair, to have people read my AAR and even nominate me but I can't commit to other people's work. Still, I thank @stnylan for the nomination and everyone else for their congratulations.

And to whoever is going to become next week's Best Character Writer of the Week, I offer my congratulations in advance.

And with this info out in the open nominations are open for next Character WritAAR of the Week! First come, first serve.