• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations indeed @Eludio

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you all for the kind words, and thank you @Superstorm for the nomination! Of the various prizes we share here in the AARLand, Best Character Writer has always been especially dear to me, and I’m glad to see I haven’t lost all of my touch!

I’d always struggled to balance the story, characters and descriptions with the actual in game events… so I’ve just stopped caring and focused on the narrative. I’m happy it’s appreciated!

I’ll be away from my gaming computer for a while yet, which mean more time to read other AARs!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It is now time to pass on the torch, and I can think of no better bearer than @JSB217118 for their The Crusader Queen AAR! For the few out there who do not already know of it, it centres around the early life of Queen Isabella de Brienne of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, with a keen eye towards her regents and councillors as they - often reluctantly - work together to keep the little Queen's crusader Kingdom alive.

I cannot spend enough words in praise of his characterisations, as JSB manages to masterfully weave gameplay traits into well rounded and realistic characters, though I will admit to having a particular soft spot for Jean of Brienne, in real life a future Latin Emperor and arguably the protagonist of the story. I've loved him, hated him, and am thoroughly enjoying the AAR's recent chapters which, in an early Christmas Special of sorts, give a beautiful insight into the character's mind.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you @Eludio for this nomination and thanks again to all my readers and commentators. I didn't expect to spend this much time in the regency but I am delighted that you like the characters. There is a lot more to come, and you guys are what keep me going.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Just about sneaking in under the 6 months gap between awards, clearly a sign of an audience desperate to shower you with prizes. Congratulations indeed @JSB217118

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Right I think it's time to pass the torch to @Midnite Duke for his Avon Los Observas. Avon is an AAR like no other. Through the wacky adventures of the Wayback Machine, we are introduced to the ruling family of Dyracion and their wacky CK2 world. Time hops are in twenty year stretches so characters can change immensely between meeting them. We rarely see their great feats, but somehow we get to know these people more than many AAR's that spend far more time on character writing. There is something about watching these characters grow and change so much that floors me. And our main family aren;t the only ones. In addition to covering more of the world than virtually any other CK AAR, @Midnite Duke introduces us to an array of original characters like Anne Howe, and not so original characters like the A-Team, Charlie's Angels,

So in honor of Duke Gjin, Sultan Saladin, Duchess Milka, and Duchess Jelena, consider this award yours.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: