• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Valhallas Call

Yankee Air Pirate
68 Badges
Jun 22, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
In regular AoD I relied mostly on corps-sized formations, with each corps having 1 brigade each of artillery, anti-tank, and engineers. I would attach AA to HQs and self-propelled artillery to my armored and motorized divisions. Cavalry, if I had any, would have armored cars attached.

In CORE there is such a bewildering array of new brigades I don't know where to start. Playing as Germany, can I stick to my normal formula of ART, AT, and ENG for my corps? And what about the different levels of engineer, like Pionier and motorized?

Engineers are divided into two versions, the combat pioneers and the bridging engineers.
HQ shold still get AA. For Armor and Mech I like to use SP-Art but may later change to Assault guns. For Infantry stick with Art if you can live with the speed penalty. Otherwise use SP-Art, light tanks or Assault guns. I would not use AT - not enough bang for the buck.
If you have a good research team you may consider researching rocket art - rather cheap and good stats.