• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Check revolt.txt:
Code:
BGL = { #Bengal
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	expirydate = { year = 1820 }
	minimum = { 559 558 }
	extra = { 555 557 }
	capital = 559
	group = muslim
	ai = "SmallTrade1.ai"
}

I'm just interested in vassalizing it anew since it got destroyed in my game.

I assume the 4 territories are it's national territories it starts out with. But shouldn't it also have access to the additional 4 territories surrounding it which possess Bengal culture? (assuming you control them at the time of release)

I think it's logical since they're pretty much of the same racial/cultural background.

Last edited:
Culture and cores are two different things. Anyway, this is a limit in the game where you can't choose which provinces will go to a newly created vassal, even if it could make sense, culturally speaking.

If you want to do this in your game, fastest thing to do is adding all Bengali provinces in minimum of BGL entry in revolt.txt. Be aware this change will grant core to Bengal on all of the provinces. You can edit the savefile aftewards if you want to remove some cores.

But shouldn't it also have access to the additional 4 territories surrounding it which possess Bengal culture? (assuming you control them at the time of release)

I think it's logical since they're pretty much of the same racial/cultural background.

Ideally, Orissa would have its own culture.