Below & Beyond: Hotfix #3 - Patch Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OliverThulin

Corporal
6 Badges
Dec 9, 2019
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Game version: 1008107

Notes
  • The in-game bug reporting tool has been removed in favour of an automatic system
  • Playstation 4 and 5 now have Turkish translations

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the game crash after loading a save game with invalidated drones.
  • Fixed the game crash when a player selects the Rock Formation object on an old retail save.
  • Fixed missing Terraforming tech tree in the old saves.
  • Fixed the "Advanced Martian Engines" tech adding 20 fuel to Cargo Rockets.
  • Fixed the “Transport Optimization” tech not adding extra cargo space.
  • Fixed the description of the "Banner" mentioning Mars while on an asteroid map.
  • Fixed the Cave of Wonders description.
  • Fixed the Lander rocket disappearing when the “Rough Touchdown” event occurs.
  • Improved feedback when the Asteroid Lander requires maintenance.
  • Fixed ramps being instantly built.
  • Fixed the progress bar of “Required Waste Rock” not changing while flattening.
  • Fixed the problem when a fired worker immediately returns to work.

And several other underlying code fixes that were presumably causing bugs, especially to save games from before the update.

Known issues
  • Incorrect value of Excess Waste Rock is displayed when Flatten in progress.
  • The limit for colonists being allowed through the elevator is too low.
  • Crash on certain Mac versions.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hello,

I noticed when you put drones in the elevator to go underground, it gets stuck in the elevator ! I don't know how to get them out of the elevator! Is this a bug ?
20210929_184105.jpg

Last edited:
The asteroid lander still won't start. Am I missing something? Is there a button I need to click?
The fuel load of the lander is not marked as ready

The asteroid lander still won't start. Am I missing something? Is there a button I need to click?
The fuel load of the lander is not marked as ready
for me that usually happens when you have 14.999 fuel instead of 15 fuel. Try lowering it to 14 fuel and then raising it to 15 fuel again . There will be a drone coming by carrying "0 fuel".

Just like a trade rocket, which fills up with 50 something and then takes off when full, the asteroid lander will take off automatically when it has enough. As long as you've told it to visit an asteroid, it will do so whenever it has the inventory required that you told it to onboard.

• 1Like
Reactions:
for me that usually happens when you have 14.999 fuel instead of 15 fuel. Try lowering it to 14 fuel and then raising it to 15 fuel again . There will be a drone coming by carrying "0 fuel".

Just like a trade rocket, which fills up with 50 something and then takes off when full, the asteroid lander will take off automatically when it has enough. As long as you've told it to visit an asteroid, it will do so whenever it has the inventory required that you told it to onboard.
thanks for the advice, wasn't the solution.

What about the disasters ? They were not triggering for many of us when we set the game rules to "max disasters"
In my two games after hotfix#2, first one I checked "winter is coming", never saw a cold wave in 40 sols, second games I didn't check any rule about disasters and choosed a map with 3 or 4 disaster' ratings, and I finally got some cold waves and dust storms

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good to know bugs are still being fixed. However, at this point one might want to shift their main focus on balancing the B & B content to make it worth it in-game.

A first step that should be easy to implement is the reduction of recon tech costs to the costs of regular tech instead of breakthrough.
The main rewards of underground & asteroids -- protection from disasters and raw materials -- are very much early game, which clashes harshly with late-game tech costs.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Game version: 1008107

Notes
  • The in-game bug reporting tool has been removed in favour of an automatic system
  • Playstation 4 and 5 now have Turkish translations

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the game crash after loading a save game with invalidated drones.
  • Fixed the game crash when a player selects the Rock Formation object on an old retail save.
  • Fixed missing Terraforming tech tree in the old saves.
  • Fixed the "Advanced Martian Engines" tech adding 20 fuel to Cargo Rockets.
  • Fixed the “Transport Optimization” tech not adding extra cargo space.
  • Fixed the description of the "Banner" mentioning Mars while on an asteroid map.
  • Fixed the Cave of Wonders description.
  • Fixed the Lander rocket disappearing when the “Rough Touchdown” event occurs.
  • Improved feedback when the Asteroid Lander requires maintenance.
  • Fixed ramps being instantly built.
  • Fixed the progress bar of “Required Waste Rock” not changing while flattening.
  • Fixed the problem when a fired worker immediately returns to work.

And several other underlying code fixes that were presumably causing bugs, especially to save games from before the update.

Known issues
  • Incorrect value of Excess Waste Rock is displayed when Flatten in progress.
  • The limit for colonists being allowed through the elevator is too low.
  • Crash on certain Mac versions.
Mmm can u guys tell me about the automatic in game reporting tools really means ?