Below & Beyond: Hotfix #3 - Patch Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mmm can u guys tell me about the automatic in game reporting tools really means ?
What I got:
Hi Choggi, No as of now there is no option to opt out. We've taken every measure to ensure that the data is not personally identifiable and just gives the devs the error logs needed from the game itself to pinpoint issues in the code.

I am still not getting any disasters on MAX settings.
Have you checked your game version number? I'm running with MAX rules for meteors, cold waves and dust storms and now on Sol 34 I've already had two meteor showers, one electrostatic dust storm, one cold wave lasting over 6 sols, and now just had a second dust storm starting, so sounds about right for my settings.

These are my issues/problems I've found after playing only a couple of hours. I'm going to keep playing and logging everything that is still wrong with this game. I've 2000+ hours of playtime on this game across PC & Console... I'm logging all these while playing on PC. These issues really need to be fixed as it feels horrible that my favourite game no longer brings me any joy or satisfaction.

- Banners and flags don't match up to the sponsors logo.
- 'Incoming Meteor' warning happens in an un-scanned area where no building or vehicle is present. Also happens at and near the underground entrance in the exact same instance.
- Polymers are much more abundant on the maps, also meteor storm provides a lot of polymers. For example two meteor storms produced 62 & 85 polymers. This is way too many, Sol 50 and I haven't needed a Polymer Factory... [EDIT] Sol 70... still no need for Polymer factory.
- When meteors hit the ground in un-scanned areas I can see the resource dropped instead of it being unknown until scanned.
- Supply pods land incorrectly onto the landing pads.
- When returning from viewing the underground to the surface, my scanning disappears, I cannot see the current set sectors for scanning.
- The Ampitheatre states that 2 Tourists were satisfied... I don't have any Tourists.
- The colonists tab on the bar at the top of the screen states 'Total Stored Across Maps'... Colonists are not stored.
- Anomaly states that the explorer opened up a vent with high pressure gas and that fierce dust devils will spawn at the anomalies location, nothing actually happens.
- Random meteor of 13 polymers, seriously i'm drowning in too many polymers...
- Dust storms set to max level (MAX DUST IN THE WIND), Sol 50 and still no dust storm, no need for Oxygen storage because there are no dust storms. [EDIT] Sol 70 still no dust storm.
- 3 Meteor storms so far [MAX ARMAGEDDON], all hit exactly the same location, also the storm doesn't migrate. [EDIT] Sol 70 haven't had another meteor storm.

More to come

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't see the time of electrostatic dust storm in french
20210929_183041.jpg

"- When returning from viewing the underground to the surface, my scanning disappears, I cannot see the current set sectors for scanning."

Same thing happens to me. If you are on another map when "Deep Scanning" is discovered, the scanning interface is completely ruined. You wind up simply clicking the screen at random hoping to find unscanned sectors while it goes "bzztttt" at you for every wrong guess (already scanned).

• 1Like
Reactions:
"No Terraforming" rule doesn't work. The terraforming tech tree is still enabled. Terraforming milestones are still enabled. However, terraforming parameters are not visible in the main screen.

This is annoying as I usually do No Terraforming runs with all milestones by sol 100.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I still have many many bugs on ps5 with the hotfix number 3 :

On very high elevations, lake water do not appear! (but the terraforming mechanics works)
(Example : on 41n111w on north and south plateau)

I had 100% atmosphere with 1 carbonate processor and 10 Magnetic field generators
when I go underground the game "forget" to count the magnetic field generators so I'm losing atmosphere!! and it killed many of my colonists!

underground, sometimes the drones get stuck in the walls when trying to get rid of a cave-in!

performance of the game is very very bad when a cave-in occurs even when above the ground!

First rain milestone did NOT unlock even after many natural rains
Basically RUINED my savefile because I wanted to unlock all milestones with it!

my game crashes a lot on end game and I think that is because this is a version made to run with a ps4, I'd love to see a ps5 version of the game!

Another problem: impossible to build the wonder in the basement! The drones bring the resources to the marvel and leave with them without depositing them marvelously! I have the problem with the wonder "reinforcements of the giant cave" but not "the lab of the bottomless pit"
20210930_150616.jpg