Below & Beyond: Hotfix #2 - Patch Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Greetings Commanders,

Hotfix #2 is now available on PC! We’re working hard to bring it to the consoles as soon as possible - we’re currently aiming to release it to the remaining platforms, PlayStation and Xbox, tomorrow. Apologies for this!

UPDATE (Sept 23rd): The hotfix is now available on consoles! Thank you for your patience and let us know how it works for you!

PATCH NOTES

Game version
PC: 1008025

Gameplay Improvements
  • Remove the Micro-G Auto Extractor prefab from the default loadout for Asteroid Landers, so you don't accidentally include a prefab without having one.
  • Visual improvement to the base of asteroids (mostly for photo mode).
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed dome birth controls.
  • Fixed the same anomaly event appearing multiple times.
  • Fixed dust storms, cold waves, and meteor storms not triggering.
  • Fixed the martian surface filling with water after connecting a lake to a water producer.
  • Fixed asteroid landers sometimes not properly showing their status when returning from an asteroid at the very last second.
  • Fixed drone control fix for broken food storages.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when landing an Asteroid Lander with drones on an Asteroid.
  • Fixed a crash when Asteroid Landers departed with drones.
  • Fixed not being able to order seeds from the earth for old saves without B&B.
  • Fixed cold waves not vanishing after they end, in old saves.
  • Fixed the “must include” filter for seniors.
  • Fixed missing images for anomalies.
  • Fixed smart complexes not receiving electricity after loading old saves.
  • Fixed the "Winter is Coming" rule not being selectable in the game rules screen.
  • Fixed the RC Safari's missing UI panel (the one showing visitors).
  • Fixed lamps of the elevator floating in the air in some cases.
  • Fixed incorrect ground texture after refabbing buildings within a Mega Dome.
  • Fixed missing warning when launching a rocket back to earth while still unloading cargo
  • Fixed sponsor-specific rovers' weight being counted twice for Lander/Elevator/Resupply cargo.
  • Fixed the asteroid lander not loading more than one rover of each type.
  • Fixed the asteroid hopping achievement unlocking after visiting 10 asteroids, instead of 11.
  • Fixed wasp drones in colony always showing 0 in the resupply menu
  • Fixed the camera zooming into the wrong sector in the underground.
  • Fixed Philosophers Stones Mystery that couldn't be completed after destroying a stone.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Inner Light Mystery on old save games.
  • Fixed landing pads being unusable after canceling the construction of a rocket.
  • Fixed an empty B&B tech tree showing for old saves.
  • Fixed drones facing the wrong direction while gathering Metals or Exotic Minerals.
  • Fixed the Fast Radio Burst turning several colonists into Geniuses.
And several other underlying code fixes that were presumably causing bugs, especially to save games from before the update.

Known issues
  • The crash related to food storages has been fixed for the majority of saves but can still occur occasionally, investigation is in progress.

Last edited:
  • 14Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Thanks for the patch :)

You probably already know, since you don't mention it in the list of fixed bugs : super fast landscaping is still happening -- my drones finished this giant ramp in about an hour.

Attachments

• start landscaping 20210922.png
    start landscaping 20210922.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • end landscaping 20210922.png
    end landscaping 20210922.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much for the fix.
But I can think of more landscaping and build related bugs people have reported that is not on the list !
(That landscaping and build tools are working to me appear as one of the basic necessities in a game like Surviving Mars !)

Reactions:
Also you need to fix the way supply pods land on launch pads... I've been so miserable my favourite game was ruined, glad its all being slowly fixed but you guys really need to read through the comments on here and steam to find out the fixes needed... it just breaks my heart seeing this game the way it is :(

Aiwyth, what would be the most constructive way for us to report bugs that are still occurring -- should we comment here, or add a note to the old bug report, or something else ? Or assume that if they are not on the list above for this patch then you are aware of them but haven't tried to fix yet ? (you mentioned some other bits of code)

Is there a central list of bugs under review ?

For example, I notice that the bug with rockets gaining 20 bonus fuel when Advanced Martian Engines is researched is still happening as well.

Happy to do whatever is most useful :)

One really important bug to address is the filters for kids. I know that the workaround is to have normal housing in the dome, as it does not recognize the nursery as accommodation. If you build one apartment, then the game know there is room inside the dome. They will however live inside the nursery's once they actually arrive inside the dome. So the bug is really about the game saying there is no room for colonists, if there is only nursery's. Dont know how that happen, but very important to fix it ASAP.

Reactions:
My Asteroid lander still doesn't want to start. Even though all of the fuel has been loaded the fuel isn't marked as ready

Aiwyth, what would be the most constructive way for us to report bugs that are still occurring -- should we comment here, or add a note to the old bug report, or something else ? Or assume that if they are not on the list above for this patch then you are aware of them but haven't tried to fix yet ? (you mentioned some other bits of code)

For example, I notice that the bug with rockets gaining 20 bonus fuel when Advanced Martian Engines is researched is still happening as well.

@RoseP

If you have already reported a bug and it hasn't been fixed and there is no response that it has been reported internally, please add more details to the current bug so we can investigate further.

Thank you

I don't think disasters have been fixed. What is everyone else seeing? I'm 25 sols into a brand new game and haven't had a single dust storm, frost or a meteor shower. Have disasters set to max.

• 4Like
Reactions:

Yep this happened in my game too... again I'm not going to play anymore until these things can return to normal... i'm really not happy... a game is supposed to be fun, instead it makes me sad

• 1Like
Reactions:
@RoseP

If you have already reported a bug and it hasn't been fixed and there is no response that it has been reported internally, please add more details to the current bug so we can investigate further.

Thank you

What more information could you possibly need? Its pretty clear what the problem is and I personally can replicate this issue just by playing the actual game...

Does this mean any comments I've made here wont be looked at? Please excuse me for how I'm putting it but I'm highly disappointed... I thought the point of logging into this forum to tell you the problems was enough for you to acknowledge these issues....?

Also I noticed you replied to this persons comment and others but not mine regarding the landing pad problems.... why is that?