- Dec 9, 2019
Game versionPC: 7299998
Below and Beyond
- A new area to explore right beneath your colony. Uncovering what the Martian Underground has been hiding from us, perhaps we can even find something rivaling our wonders.
- Expand your colony into the Underground, providing shelter against the hazards from the surface and bringing you closer to richer deposits.
- Be careful, as there may be underground marsquakes that can lead to dangerous cave-ins.
- Venture to asteroids as they fly past Mars, giving you a limited window to visit them.
- Set up temporary mining outposts to extract as many rewards as you can from each asteroid.
- Bring back Exotic Minerals, a new resource exclusive to asteroids, to improve your colony on the Martian surface and its underground.
- Some asteroids may not be as they appear and have a mystery to solve while you are on them.
Recon & Expansion tech
- Unlock multiple specialized buildings, rockets, and upgrades in the underground and on asteroids.
- Gain benefits and upgrades for your entire colony.
- Amphitheater - a new building to comfort your colonists and increase tourists' satisfaction.
- Construction Ranges - You can now hold CTRL (Y on Xbox and Triangle on Playstation) to see dust ranges of other buildings and other relevant ranges.
- Reorder tech queue - You can now easily adjust the order of techs within your research queue.
- Leak Icons - Cable and Pipe leaks now show icons above them so you can easily locate them.
- Cycle Grids - You can now cycle through different power grids and life support grids by clicking on power or oxygen and water in the top bar.
- Extended Resource info - We expanded the Top UI tooltips with more information per resource.
More Colony Control:
- Custom Colony Name - Change your colony's name to best fit your colony.
- Dome birth limit - Besides allowing and forbidding births, you can now also allow births as long as the dome still has available living space.
- Must include Filter - Colonist filters now have an option to include all colonists with a certain trait or specialization, even if they have undesired traits.
- Rebalanced the Door to Summer event.
- School Spire; reduced the odds of the genius trait being given.
- Smart Apartments; reduced resident slots and increased maintenance cost.
- Medical Post; reduced number of colonists that can use it per shift and increased service comfort.
- Drones that are “busy” with transporting resources do not get added to the cargo of a Lander rocket when the asteroid moves out of range. This can occasionally cause a crash
- After salvaging an asteroid lander, its contents are dumped on the landing pad. Any drones and RCs part of the cargo can not be used
- Pin menu does not show incoming Asteroid Landers from Asteroids
- There is no warning about an unloaded cargo when launching a rocket back to Earth
- Drones occasionally try to get to the unreachable area on Asteroids in order to gather resources
- The camera is out of the map if the player clicks on the Astronomer's pin while s/he is in orbit (Dying Wish mystery)
- Even after clearing debris, the area is uneven and unbuildable
- Some cave-ins are unreachable and therefore cannot be cleared which prevents further exploration.
- Shuttles can fly ‘too high’ vertically in the Underground.
- MAC: Many UI images don't show up in the Mac build
- Black squares are shown instead of B&B content icons on Epic build (Mac)
Last edited by a moderator: