A WORKED EXAMPLE
A WORKED EXAMPLE
This AAR is rather unusual in that its purpose is to explore HOI3 as a game and discuss the rather challenging prospect of playing Poland as a path towards providing insight into play rather than to provide any sort of story. I haven't properly explored Poland since the very early days so this AAR is going to be a bit of an exploration for me as well as the audience but hopefully I will again find a way to win as Poland although it is definitely now much harder.
At all stages I will discuss the strategy being used and the reasons for it. In some areas the decisions will be made to limit the scope of the game I am exploring and in others it is wide open. I will save at some key points and go back to illustrate and compare different approaches and some of the runs from save points will be focused entirely on illustrating localised points.
There is an open invitation for all audience members to post their own analysis, especially if it differs from mine, but you will be expected to provide reasoned argument or evidence to support your views. Alternate views are only useful if other audience members can learn from them.Game settings
- Patch 1.4
- Everything set on normal
- Everything set on manual control - I can't afford any AI decision-making
- The game will be played on the basis of war starting due to the Danzig or war event occurring on 1st September 1939. I will cheat to make sure this is the case (you'll see). This restriction is there to make the strategy repeatable and not ruined by circumstance.
- I won't be pulling any cheap diplomatic tricks, the development of normal German progress up to Danzig will not be interfered with.
- This includes no military adventures prior to the German attack
- I won't attempt to use anything I consider to be a genuine exploit in the game.
- The purpose of the AAR is to be informative, not to win.