Beginner's Guide to Unit Types & Division Design

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi.. I'm new to the game and I am very grateful for the help.

One thing I wondered though is what your prefered Land doctrine is that would be in line with all these proposed divisions? Mobile warfare? Also I wondered what is meant by an acceptable organisation?

So basically if one cannot afford proper offensive or armored Div you have to play from defense (as make them come for you) and invest in Fighters and CAS?
Yes to the extent It is always desirable to draw an enemy to attack your defenses at a disadvantage, with the goal of weakening your enemy so that you can gain the upper hand, but in general most armies are both attacking and defending but at different places.

CAS is like having flying artillery and allow stacking combat power in a limited front.

Even when solidly on defense with defensive units and positions, there is still value in offensive units with movement speed and even more value if they have hitting power. Even their mere presence will, in sufficient numbers, affect the enemy's combat calculus. Even one motorized division or cavalry that can get through a gap or around a flank can wreak havoc by cutting supply lines and seizing defensive or blocking positions. Add a tank battalion to a motorized division and you have a weak armor division or armored infantry. This can do a lot of good in the right places.

Bear in mind that in WW2 infantry and arty typically paved the way for armored breakthroughs by forcing a breach or weak spot that could be exploited. And the infantry need the mobile forces to exploit the opportunities. Combined arms thinking is usually important on the offensive.

There are always stronger and weaker spots in the lines. In WW2 infantry and arty attacks paved the way for armor to break through and exploit . Fighters and especially CAS help. Even a little Light Armor can be very useful if there is an opening in the line, or there is a gap where an enemy unit is retreating and you can score an overrun that can turn into a breach. Even motorized Motorized and Cavalry with a speed advantage can be useful, especially in favorable terrain. should always have some fast movers and some offensive infantry. General and FM skills help, especially on the offensive.
tacg