• Hey, Guest! We’re glad you are a part of the Paradox Community and want to know what you think about it. Please let us know by filling out this short survey. We appreciate it!
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Chris Taylor

Major
87 Badges
Feb 7, 2007
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • 500k Club
Those English lords are faithless vipers. If the story was going to continue into Guilhem's reign, I'd be legitimately worried for his future prospects. Then again, I can hardly wait to see what the repercussions are; hopefully Aevis' clumsy scheming gets nipped in the bud.

Regarding the future fiction spinoff... It kind of has to be Foulques, doesn't it? He's not quite my favourite character in the story (that would probably be Aléarde, Agnes or Hervé), but he is definitely the focal point. Everything that successive generations deal with is rooted in him or the fallout from his actions. It would be interesting to explore some events (like Thoræd's crusade, and Ælfflæd's life in Tunis) in detail, and from other perspectives, and that's not always easily done in a narrative AAR where you want the story to be more tightly focused on the main family/dynasty.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: