• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
D

Deleted

I declared war on Little Augustus for the claim of the Western Roman Empire as one of his vassals, yet whenever I win it makes some random person the Western Roman Emperor. What can I do so I can get it for myself, rather than some other person?

Well, this is just like in vanilla, work yourself up to it. ;) There are guides on the wiki on how to easily get titles.

Last edited:
i suggest playing vanilla first before mods, your first post shows you don't have basic understand on how the game works.
Let's not judge, he might be a bit unskilled at certain aspects, but it does not prevent him from playing the mod. ;) He can use the CK2 wiki.

Concerning becoming WR Emperor, I reconquered Italy as Syagrius, but no option for asking either Senate or ER Emperor or crowning myself showed up. AFAIK I controlled all of e_italy

Definitely sounds like you declared war to push someone else's claim on the WRE. Other possibility is bug, and if so I apologize, but I'll wager the first option.

Which can still be very useful if the claimant is a relative, someone you can potentially inherit from, or if the current liege has good reason to ruin your day and you need to replace him with someone more amicable to your previous indiscretions/culture/religion.

If you're new to CKII, don't fret: the game isn't as hard to learn as one might think (though its not super easy), there's oodles of guides floating around the net, and the community is mostly apt to help newbies.