Become the Crisis, get krumped by Fallen Empires

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A remotely competent player has already wiped the floor with fallen empires long before they can wake up but yes the first time you see a scripted event can come as a shock... Next time you know

Me: Declares my intention to destroy the galaxy.

Them: To war!

Me: Why are you attacking me?

Doesnt add up.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If anything, I'd like to see galactic community to react on such things better, like some mechanics implemented to shift their focus fast. Because too often I see crisis already chewing up a good part of the galaxy, while GC main concern is still appointing an additional council member, relocating the galactic market and passing galactic whale protection act.

Reactions:
"Fun" is a useless way to state your expectation.

Different people have different definitions of fun, and as demonstrated in this thread, some people would actively want the exact AI behaviour that you're complaining about, because that's what they find fun.

You've announced your unambiguous and irrevocable intention to do so, though.

And, like. If I saw an AI empire do it, I would, on principle, make them a high priority elimination target without waiting for them to build up to expulsion-from-GC levels, so I'd be actively disappointed if the FEs/AEs played softball.
With how lackluster the AI is on Grand Admiral I'd definitely wait for them to go full Crisis, hell on my last co-op game we got the unbidden (surprise) and we let them take half the galaxy before intervening (spawning the vehement and aberrant(?)) still was a joke.

Honestly, if all remaining FE awaken and attack upon "becoming the crisis," that's awesome news. I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it, but this sounds like really good news to me. I was worried the "become the crisis" option was going to be just another steam roll of the AI. Now I'm thinking of playing for it in my next game.

They saddly don't. Unfortunately the Fallen Empires only Awaken with their Default awakening method. When you become the Crisis the only thing that happens is that everyone get a Opinion Malus against you and this make all Fallen Empires (not awakened) to Declare war of Humiliation against you.

And I want to know HOW YOU GUYS HAVE AE THAT DO ANYTHING??

In my games the Awakened Empires simple sit and does nothing all game. They don't declare war on anyone.

Reactions:
Sounds like you let your mouth write a cheque your tail couldn't cash.

(Incidentally, FE/AE fleets can be optimized against in the same way Crisis fleets can; each FE/AE has a fixed shipbuilding formula.)
You don't even need to do that. Penetrating weapons and balanced defenses take care of any of them.

(I've never tried to become the Crisis, but I always make sure to get rid of the Fallen Empires before the end game year.)

you guys are forgeting the AI does not do any research, so even an incompitent player should be able to outpace them. And as a crisis, you have got access to those mineral corvetes, so make use of them and spam the hell out of them. you dont care about your losses, just inflict them a body blow and capture their worlds.

Calling bs as well. Shoot I rp heavily doing substandard things and still can mock the fallen empire fleets. To the point where I was actively engaged in a three front war. (One being exterminating the fallen empire, another exterminating a federation of 6 members and lastly defending my home systems from the other fallen empires I ticked off.)

Some of the substandard things I did? I abandoned *all* my planets once I cracked open the L cluster. I settled my empire there. I was also playing as a criminal megacorp that didnt bother with branches. (More because I didn't want to deal with the hassle). Oh I also went psionic, to further nerf myself.

Never heard this expressiom before, what does it mean? Tbh it sounds like something NaUgHtY, like a video category on xhamster.
BSOD - "Blue Screen of Death". I used it as an adjective to describe exactly how passive they are.

• 1Like
Reactions:
you guys are forgeting the AI does not do any research, so even an incompitent player should be able to outpace them. And as a crisis, you have got access to those mineral corvetes, so make use of them and spam the hell out of them. you dont care about your losses, just inflict them a body blow and capture their worlds.

Eh, even with the bonuses the mineral corvettes are still inferior to properly designed battleships. I found that out in my crisis run. Sure, my losses were easier to replace but I was taking far, far more losses. And I was a FP with distinguished admiralty, so those kind of losses were extra noticeable compared to my usual runs, where I have no military boni whatsoever.

Reactions:
First off: The lot of you are elitist jerks.
Incredibly unhelpful and snobbish with a whole lot of "what did you expect?" I expected to have a fun game that's what.
I agree that some of the comments were kind of rude and mocking you unfairly.

However, i do agree with the core sentiment of "Yeah, of course the more powerful entities in the galaxy are going to stop you if you try to destroy their galaxy."
That's what the whole idea of being a crisis is. You unite everyone against you - if there is anyone who can oppose you, they will. That is the very core of the feature. Ridiculous power gains at the cost of ridiculous opposition gain.
So if there is someone more powerful while you try to destroy the galaxy, they SHOULD stop you. That is working as intended and shouldn't be changed, otherwise it would just be an extremely overpowered feature everyone would have to use all the time to even compete.

• 3Like
Reactions: