• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nightcoder

Recruit
42 Badges
Jan 22, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hello.
I've recently achieved my first success in this game, starting as Commie China in 1933 scenario. By late 1936, Japan is defeated, Tibet and Shanxi are reintegrated and I have PRK as puppet (which supplies me with infinite numbers of blueprints). However, I'm not sure what should I do next.

1. Joining Comintern is possible?
USSR doesn't want me in, even though me and my best friend Kim are eager to spread the revolution. Which factors influence the chance of success for joining an alliance? I've read that ai 'neutrality' setting is a factor, but what else? And if it's impossible in the base game, how do I mod it?

2. Getting Sinkiang is possible?
Do I get it right that the only possibility for USSR releasing their Sinkiang puppet is that they lose the war against Germany? And without that I can't request the submission of SInkiang via decision. So, either I wait, or I should fight the Soviets?

3. Getting Mao as HoS is possible?
CCP starts as LWR with Stalinist HoS, which is substituted with similar Stalinist HoS after the Fifth Encirclement Campaign. The latter has end year = 1935 and retirement year = 1947. Do I get it right that there is a random chance that he dies each year after 1935, and that he is guaranteed to leave the office in 1947? Out of multiple options for HoS replacement, which one will I get? The best one? A random one? And can I remove current HoS using policy sliders, by getting too democratic or too right?

And all in all, in your opinion, is the game in Cold War period fun, or should I try some mod? What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Hello !

I have done some playthrough with the PRC, so i'll try to answer your questions as best as i can.

1. I have managed once to get into an alliance with the USSR during the war with japan, so i believe it is possible without changing anything in the game files. Maybe try to improve your relationship with the USSR. If not just use console commands to make them accept the alliance if you want to take part in WW2.

2. You are getting it right. There is no decision to transfer control of Xinjiang. Again, you can "simulate" this decision via console commands, and demanding territory.

3. I don't know here.

The game during the cold war gets quickly boring. You spend your time building factories and researching techs without much happening. But a hot cold war in the 1950s/60s can be fun. Expect a WW2 remake with nukes in terms of military tactics since there isn't much change in the units, just some stat increase. The only novelty are Air Assault divisions, but they are coming quite late in the cold war.

Thanks a lot. For some reason I haven't even considered using console commands, but it's obviously the easiest way to get what I want.

Testing HoS/HoG change turned out to be easy. I just edited the 'Sun Zhongshan's Legacy' event and fired it via console. The event has three options which affect ideology sliders, so I edited it a bit so that they give each of LWR, LE, ST ideologies, and added sleepminister command to each of them, to kill the current leader (Wang Ming). Each option gave the same result: Mao as HoS, Zhou Enlai as HoG. Apparently, they have the best value, and the value IS what governs the choice of HoS/HoG. So, the answer to the question 3 is that in 1947 Wang Ming dies and I get Mao and Zhou, because they both are undying and have death dates in the 70s.