Beams and missiles from an attacking fleet seem to be coming from star

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Yogi

Evil Genius
40 Badges
Dec 16, 2002
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
Hi, I did a simple weapons mod, basically reversing the ranges of beams (especially lasers) and kinetics. I also buffed missile range and damage. The mod works fine but...

Recently (but not immediately upon starting using the mod), part of the fire from a fleet attacking a starbase looks like it is coming from the star in the system! Missiles for example fly off towards the fleet from the star, then turn around, fly back and hit the starbase. The volume of fire also indicates it is actually part of the fleet firing.

Does anyone have any idea what i have borked in the mod to cause this behaviour?

Last edited:
Hi, I did a simple weapons mod, basically reversing the ranges of beams (especially lasers) and kinetics. I also buffed missile range and damage. The mod works fine but...

Recently (but not immediately upon starting using the mod), part of the fire from a fleet attacking a starbase looks like it is coming from the star in the system! Missiles for example fly off towards the fleet from the star, then turn around, fly back and hit the starbase. The volume of fire also indicates it is actually part of the fleet firing.

Does anyone have any idea what i have borked in the mod to cause this behaviour?
know bug, not caused by your mod. it's a vanilla issue, i know there is a mod that fixes it but i can't quite remember the name. i think it was some variation of "fix fire from the stars"