BEACH PROPERTIES ASSET PACK & MODDING WAVELET PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SimNationJan

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
68 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines

Beach Properties

Bring life to your city’s waterfronts with Beach Properties. Specializing in residential buildings that kiss the water's edge, this Asset Pack brings the tranquility and beauty of coastal living to your city.

Coming March 25th, 2024.

Waterfront Zone
A new residential zoning option dedicated to waterfront buildings allows you to redefine your city's coastline.

Beach Properties
Each theme adds growable residential buildings waiting to populate your new waterfront zone, from luxurious waterfront mansions to charming beachside cottages.

Signature Waterfront Buildings
Tailored to fit into European or North American architectural themes, these signature buildings are crafted to highlight your city’s beachfront.

CSII_BeachProperties-Gifs-RotatingBuildings.gif

Beach Properties features 70 new assets, including:
  • 10 North American residential buildings with three levels (30 assets)
  • 10 European residential buildings with three levels (30 assets)
  • Six signature buildings
  • AND Four New trees

Beach Properties is also available as part of the Expansion Pass: Waterfronts, which is included in the Ultimate Edition. As our expansion pass journey has begun a bit later than we set out for during the fall, here is our updated roadmap.
CSII-Release_Roadmap-Updated-1920x1080-v3.jpg

Modding

With Mods (short for modifications), you can tailor your gaming experience to your unique preferences. Uploaded by creators all over the world, you can pick between anything to create the city of your dreams. Along with Beach Properties, the first wave of Cities: Skylines II Modding will be available. The Beta release of Modding will initially support Map and Code mods.

With the Map Editor, you can make maps with the Terraforming Tools you’re used to, import hightmaps to create highly accurate depictions of your hometown, and upload your creations to Paradox Mods.

With the Code Tools, you can show off your coding skills and create Code Mods to meet your heart's desire!

Future updates will improve on these tools and come to include support for Asset Mods. As we’ve talked about before, there will be updates to these tools that we are currently working on, and we will see some updates before the 1.0 release. We will be taking your opinion into consideration when we continue to work on the editor and are looking forward to seeing the feedback that you might have.

If you’re curious about what the process of Modding will look like you can already check it out on the Cities: Skylines II Wiki here:
https://cs2.paradoxwikis.com/Modding

This also means that Paradox Mods will also open for you to upload your own creations and download the creations of your favorite Map and Code Mod creators! We’re excited to see it fill up!

Updates and Fixes

Along with Beach Properties, there will also be a substantial amount of Performance updates and General Fixes & Improvements. We hope to see much improvement to performance, especially on lower-end spec computers. The full Patch Notes will be posted along with the release of Beach Properties on the 25th.

This week we will also release three Developer Diaries on the topic of Modding;
19th of March: Dev Diary #1: Paradox Mods in Cities: Skylines II
20th of March: Dev Diary #2: Map Editor
21st of March: Dev Diary #3: Code Modding

Beach Properties, Map Editor, Code Mod Tools, and Paradox Mods are washing up on your shore on March 25th, 2024.

You can also download a cool Beach Properties Wallpaper below!

CSII-Beach_Properties-Background-Grid.jpg

Attachments

• CSII-Release_Roadmap-Updated-1920x1080-v2.jpg
    CSII-Release_Roadmap-Updated-1920x1080-v2.jpg
    331,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
  • 61Like
  • 25Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Does anybody actually have an update related to the broken traffic mechanics and city stats, just to name a few game-breaking bugs? no? ok so just moving on with this mods editor announcement, gotcha.

• 19Like
  • 6Haha
Reactions:
Didn't really see that coming right now but still a good surprise! Finally some more variety on buildings - looking forward to all the other improvements too :)

• 5Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to you, the beach properties pack will finally be available on Monday of next week. Thank you very much for your effort. I am a very big fan of you and your wonderful effort.
I would like to ask you about the expansion pass. Will it be release for purchase separately on the day the Beach properties Pack is released, or will it remain exclusive only to owners of the ultimate version of the game?
I was not lucky enough to have some money to buy the ultimate version, so I bought the standard version, but now I want to enjoy this fantastic addition with San Francisco set.

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
There are just few assets which are missing and are really making us discouraged to play the game.

For me, it is crucial to have
- Suburban railway station together with suburban train.
- Mid-rise version of schools
- Mid-rise row commercial buildings

When we can expect this?

• 30Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Personally I think that the Bridges and Ports DLC slated for later in the year should be offered free rather than for purchase -- at very least to original CS2 buyers -- as an apology for the ordeal caused by releasing the game months before it was ready.
As much as I appreciate the progress being made, it is slow; what was introduced in October 2023 should have been tagged as a Preview. Community trust will be hard to restore, and a good-faith acknowledgement (of some value) that errors were made will demonstrate that player loyalty matters.

• 35Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Does anybody actually have an update related to the broken traffic mechanics and city stats, just to name a few game-breaking bugs? no? ok so just moving on with this mods editor announcement, gotcha.
The post states "
Updates and Fixes
Along with Beach Properties, there will also be a substantial amount of Performance updates and General Fixes & Improvements. We hope to see much improvement to performance, especially on lower-end spec computers. The full Patch Notes will be posted along with the release of Beach Properties on the 25th.
"
So maybe these bugs are fixed with the release. :)

• 5Like
Reactions:
Exactly, we don't need a new dlc, we need bug fixes and modding/asset support.
Unfortunately, they did need this out relatively soon, for legal reasons. They presold it to people.

Now yeah, preselling the Ultimate Edition content that they didn't have ready yet was clearly not a wise choice given that they needed their resources on bugfixing and optimisation and mod support, but it was done and they're committed to completing it.

Last edited:
  • 14Like
Reactions:
Good to see there is actually something moving, and further work is being done on performance.

However, and somewhat buried in this announcement: the first DLC Bridges and Ports gets postponed once again, from Q2 to Q4 this time. After this has been postponed before after the launch. For us Ultimate Buyers this means we get what we payed for almost a year after the promised date. Jeez ...

• 17Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I was fairly sceptical but, wow, four palm trees?

FOUR OF THEM?

Whoo-wee, the game is saved! Amazing, just what I wanted, four palm trees!

As a side note... do we get beaches to go with our new beachside properties?

• 34Haha
  • 15Like
Reactions:
Can the community asset pack(s) that were promised by the end of last year also not just be released as a free dlc? It seems assets can be added to the game this way. Especially since there is still no ETA for asset modding.

• 12Like
Reactions:
So, last week's storm is just gonna be ignored again?

• 24Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Unfortunately, they did need this out relatively soon, for legal reasons. They presold it to people.

Bridges and ports is now postponed to the 4th quarter, that's 6 months late (or is it 9 months? I seem to remember it was planned at first for the 1rst quarter). So legally they should offer refunds. Anyway, I don't care as I only bought the base version. Just saying.

I don't care either for these beach assets but I'm eager to launch the map editor. I worry about the beta state: does it mean any map we'll make in this editor will be potentially broken with each new patch until the 1.0 release?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can the community asset pack(s) that were promised by the end of last year also not just be released as a free dlc? It seems assets can be added to the game this way. Especially since there is still no ETA for asset modding.
Those asset packs are creations of modders. So I don't think this will be possible for two reasons:
1) Technical: The modders rely on the asset editor to import the assets, as they are modders not developers
2) Project-Related: They need those assets to promote paradox mods

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: