• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

psedodragon

Private
20 Badges
Jun 21, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
One line summary of your issue
verson 1.1 fails to start

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
installed 1.1 patch now the game won't start at all
the old versions work fine.

Steps to reproduce the issue
install 1.1 update.
start game.

Upload attachment

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    192,5 KB · Views: 21
  • error.log
    22,2 KB · Views: 24
  • output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
Similar Problem here.
Installed update, attempted to run, game crashed.
Ran the Steam Verifier and came back 100% ready. Attempt to start, game crashes with log report.
No mod installed at any time, game is stock.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. as this is more than a little annoying, I love this game.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    193,6 KB · Views: 15
  • error.log
    27,4 KB · Views: 24
  • output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 195
Hello,

A number of these crash reports are happening within Intel Graphics Drivers (Integrated Graphics). If possible, please run a dxdiag, save the information and upload the text file to this thread.

Our official minimum spec for graphics cards are GeForce GTX 560 Ti or Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB VRAM) or better, but there is known issues with certain Laptops switching from an installed card to integrated graphics.

I also am having the issue of the infinite loading screen. My system more than meets the minimum requirements.

I have re-installed the game and am still having the same issue!

Radeon Software Version - 17.7
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 570
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1206 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor

Is there anyway using steam to rollback the last patch?

I will get you in contact with someone to help you with that soon.

I also am having the issue of the infinite loading screen. My system more than meets the minimum requirements.

I have re-installed the game and am still having the same issue!

Radeon Software Version - 17.7
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 570
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1206 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor

Thank you for this information! When the game crashes, there should be a dated folder generated in your BattleTech folder (If on steam, you can access it by Right Clicking BattleTech, selecting Properties, going to the 'Local Files' tab, and selecting the "Browse Local Files" tab). This will be the folder with the crash report. Please zip/rar that up and upload that to this thread.

Thank you for this information! When the game crashes, there should be a dated folder generated in your BattleTech folder (If on steam, you can access it by Right Clicking BattleTech, selecting Properties, going to the 'Local Files' tab, and selecting the "Browse Local Files" tab). This will be the folder with the crash report. Please zip/rar that up and upload that to this thread.

Hello,

A number of these crash reports are happening within Intel Graphics Drivers (Integrated Graphics). If possible, please run a dxdiag, save the information and upload the text file to this thread.

Our official minimum spec for graphics cards are GeForce GTX 560 Ti or Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB VRAM) or better, but there is known issues with certain Laptops switching from an installed card to integrated graphics.

It had worked with fewer problems than most were reporting with the integrated card. If there is a work around or some way to roll back the update that would be great!

I'm having the same problem with the game crashing after steam updated this game to version 1.1. My laptop uses integrated Intel graphics but I had no problem with the version prior to 1.1. Attached are my crash logs and dxdiag display devices information.

If possible, I'd also be interested in reverting my game back to the previous version. If this will allow me to finish the single player campaign, then I'll be a happy camper and will be quite satisfied at having purchased this game at the full retail price. Thanks!!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    8,6 KB · Views: 159
  • crash.dmp
    203,4 KB · Views: 16
  • error.log
    26,8 KB · Views: 17
  • output_log.txt
    13,5 KB · Views: 162
I just got a reply from a Paradox Interactive support ticket. The support reply was basically that it should never have worked on my laptop in the first place and I'm now locked out of playing the game.

The literal statement was: 'I guess the new update means the game will no longer run on that unsupported Intel hardware.'

This is disappointing but I also asked about the possibility of rolling back 1.1 on my computer. The reply was: 'There is no way to revert to an older game version, I am sorry - the developers have not made older versions available. I suggest you contact them at http://harebrained-schemes.com/contact/ if you have no way of playing the game on supported hardware. Perhaps they can be encouraged to make older game versions available via the Steam Betas tab, as we at Paradox do for our own games.'

So HBS, any chance older versions can be made available?

*fingers crossed*

Similar Problem here as few others here. Played well over 200 hours on laptop no issues before update.

Installed update 1.1 , attempted to run, game crashed. Uninstalled 3 times and reinstalled 3 times all same issue.
Steam Verifier says everything 100% ready and good. Attempt to start game , game crashes with crash report every time.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    203,7 KB · Views: 17
  • error.log
    23,5 KB · Views: 24
  • output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 181
  • DxDiag.txt
    92,8 KB · Views: 248
I have always only had the Integrated Graphics in my device. I have be able to play the game without crashing. That only failed to work with the latest patch.
It appears the game used to run on the higher end Intels 4000 and 5000 series, even though not supported there. Now with this patch 1.1.0 it does not, quite clearly!

It seems unlikely HBS will write code so the game will run on unsupported hardware again, but it is encouraging that they are looking into providing access to older game versions:
Is there anyway using steam to rollback the last patch?
With PDS games we do this in the Steam Betas tab, or in the PDX client. Whether GoG have any such facility I cannot say.

Most platforms do offer a way to run prior versions of the game on an opt-in basis (by default they will stay patched to the latest version).

Oct 1 2018 Update: Some older versions now require a password to access due to GDPR. For more info, including how to find the unlock password, see the following post: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ying-previous-versions-of-pds-titles.1120883/

Steam
Right click BATTLETECH choose Properties -> BETAS tab -> Select in the dropdown the version of the game you want to roll back to.

SteamBetas.png

GOG Galaxy
More -> Settings -> Uncheck "Automatically update to newest version" -> Click the radio button for the version you want to install.

GOGGalaxySettings.PNG

Paradox Plaza Launcher
Game Settings -> Click the Install button next to the version you want to install.

ParadoxGameSettings.PNG

Last edited:
I found I can get it to run very poorly if I force warp in the DXCPL. I don't have enough processor power to run in a usable state without gpu support. I may be doable for others.