• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
12SEP2018 UPDATE: The Tournament has concluded.

Congratulations to both @WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet and @Kidzin for making the Tournament FINALS. In a hotly contested and very closely fought match, @WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet emerged victorious! Well fought and well earned Good Sir. :bow:

And a very special thank you to all of our 91-tournament participants. Each and everyone of you were our Tournament MVPs!

All I did was push the needed Challonge and forum buttons, our 91-BATTLETECH Gamers provided all the thrills, chills and edge-of-your-TWITCH-viewing-seat excitement we could handle.

Thank YOU, one and ALL!

And as always, good luck and good gaming.

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR! (24APR2019 ~ the first Anniversary of BATTLETECH's Launch will see the start of our next Valhalla Tournament of Champions!)

MAY UPDATE
: The Tournament has now begun.

Matches are now underway. Match videos, stories and results can be shared in this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...om-valhallas-tournament-of-champions.1101307/

Please use this thread's posted "Threadmarks" to find all the latest week's Commencement and Resolution posts.

Please complete all matches in a timely manner.

If any problems or questions arise, please contact me at the earliest possible opportunity. I can not work to resolve specific problems and questions if I don't know about them. : )

And as a precious touchstone of our tournament, please review:

TOURNAMENT CONSIDERATIONS (derivative of):
1.) Please treat everyone with respect. This is a game.
2.) Please be responsible for your actions and words. This is a game.
3.) Please be welcoming and keep it considerate. This is a game.
4.) Have fun and be kind to one another! This is a FUN game.
5.) If within a week, you and your Bracket Opponent can not come to match resolution. Please decide between yourselves which will move on to the next Round and submit the appropriate Challonge.com input.

And as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming! :bow:

*****==========Registration Closure Follows==========******

Tournament Registration is now closed.

The Tournament will begin in slightly less than 24-hours.

All Tournament Specifics and Considerations are included below.

Challonge's Tournament Predictions feature (quite like choosing bracket winners during America's Men's College Basketball March Madness) is now open to all who have a Challonge Accounts.

Predictions/Bracket Selections will only be possible during the next 24-hours, before the Tournament begins in slightly less than 24-hours.

Here is the final Tournament Bracket: https://challonge.com/BATTLETECH_VToC

View attachment 372441

The field of participants was well shuffled just prior to closing registration. ALL participants had an equal chance for a first round bye.

If there are any questions please let me know as soon as possible, either here in thread or via PM.

And as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming! :bow:

*****==========Current Tournament Announcement Follows==========******

PREFACE: Both previous Tournament Threads (Open Forum / Valhalla Forum) are now Closed and Locked (Thank you @stjobe :bow: ). They have served their purposes to determine if there was sufficient interest by my fellow BATTLETECH Gamers in such a Competitive Multiplayer Tournament (there is more than sufficient interest! Thank you) and thanks to @HBS_Eck and our Community Managers at Paradox, the Winner of this Tournament will indeed be granted access to the BATTLETECH Valhalla Forum, if they have not already purchased access during the BATTLETECH Kockstarter. If the winner already was access, they will have have earned the distinction of having had for themselves EARNED access as Tournament Champion. :bow:

ANNOUNCEMENT: On May 25th, the inagural Valhalla Tournament of Champions will begin. While I hope to fill at least 64-billets on the Tournament Bracket, the Bracket and Match Reporting App we will be using (Challonge.com) can handle up to 256 competitors or as few as 4. As long as those who participate have some Competitive Multiplayer Big and Stompy FUN, I'll judge this tournament a success.

The Tournament is a double elimination Tournament. The Challonge.com tournament I have already set up will handle both the original bracketing and double elimination tracking.

BT VToC.png

Again, I will not be participating myself, so as to better coordinate and manage the Tournament.

TOURNAMENT SPECIFICS:
1.) This is a "Stock Only" Tournament, no Custom Mechs, MechWarriors or Maps may be used. The BATTLETECH Multiplayer "Require Stock Mechs" box will be checked for all matches.
2.) No "Mods" of any kind may be used. While Modding is fast becoming the life's blood of BATTLETECH Replayablity for myself and no few others, this Tournament will use a purely vanilla version of BATTLETECH from start-to-finish.
3.) The BATTLETECH Match Value can be up to and including 20m Cbills, but not a single Cbill more.
4.) Four Mechs, an entire Lance must be fielded for each and every Tournament Match. This is a Lance on Lance Tournament. A participant's Mech and MechWarrior selections can change between each Round of the Tournament, up to and including the Finals. The BATTLETECH Multiplayer "Require Full Lance" box will be checked for all matches.
5.) The map to be used throughout the entire Tournament is Plateau Valley. And the mood to be used on this map is Sunset.
6.) Match Timers will be set to 90-seconds.
7.) Each Round of the Tournament will last one week. For example, Round One will last from noon HBS-Time (Pacific Time / GMT -7) on Friday, 25th of May, through noon on Friday, 1st of June. Upon which time we will immediate begin Round 2, which itself will proceed until noon on Friday, 8th of June, and so on until the Tournament is complete. Since gamers from across the world will be participating in this Tournament, I looked to my own difficulties in scheduling and often time rescheduling matches with my friends in other Time Zones. A week, I feel is more than reasonable amount of time to schedule and hold a single match per week.
8.) Determination of Match Host: for each round, I will randomly select either the Bracket's first/top position or the Bracket's second/bottom position to "Host" that Round’s matches. As we move on to the second Tournament Round, I will again randomly select which position in the Bracket is to "Host" that Round’s matches. And so on, and so forth, through to the Finals.

9.) To sign up for the Tournament, first establish an account with Challonge.com, using a BATTLETECH game or BATTLETECH forum recognizable name, then follow this link to join the Tournament: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/g7WbrUNRuE ~ Tournament Registration will close at noon HBS-Time (Pacific Time / GMT-7) on Thursday, 24th of May. Depending on the number of participants, there may be "Play In" matches or a number of first round "Byes" ~ the key thing is that EVERYONE GETS TO JOIN (at least up to the 256-player limit.) As required I will shuffle seeds prior to the Tournament Start to ensure random pairings.

TOURNAMENT CONSIDERATIONS (derivative of):
1.) Please treat everyone with respect. This is a game.
2.) Please be responsible for your actions and words. This is a game.
3.) Please be welcoming and keep it considerate. This is a game.
4.) Have fun and be kind to one another! This is a FUN game.
5.) If within a week, you and your Bracket Opponent can not come to match resolution. Please decide between yourselves which will move on to the next Round and submit the appropriate Challonge.com input.

IMPORTANT NOTE: While I tried to learn all I could from the Community tournaments @Dog Solitude held for us under MWT, this is the first tournament I have organized. If at any time during the tournament a problem arises, please please please bring it to my attention at once. I can't work to resolve what I do not know is a problem.

Thank you for interest in this thread and tournament. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please share them below.

And as ever, good luck and good gaming... and now good BATTLETECH gaming! : )

Last edited:
Super Prussian Havoc.

I'm signed in.

Just a little question as to where and where will I be planning a game day and time with my opponent?
Great to have you aboard! :bow:

Just as Tournament Specific #6 above ~ Each Round of the Tournament will last one week. For example, Round One will last from noon HBS-Time (Pacific Time / GMT -8) on Friday, 25th of May, through noon on Friday, 1st of June.

For each Round of the Tournament, it will be up to you and whomever you are matched against to coordinate, hold and report match results. Each round of the Tournament will be a week long, as it can be difficult to match time and opportunity with folks across the world, perhaps working 2nd or 3rd Shifts.

Feel free to coordinate matches in this thread here, or maybe better yet to use forum PMs to coordinate matches.

And as ever, good luck and good gaming!

Prussian

When will I know my opponent at the latest?
The latest you will know your first opponent is the day that the Tournament begins, 25 May.

The earliest that you may know your first opponent is the day prior, on the 24th of May. On 24 May I plan to close registration, "Shuffle" Tournament Seeds and publish the Final Tournament Bracket.

Nice! I'll sign up this evening after work (I feel ok checking the forum, maybe not that much registering to new sites). Good you mentioned to register either with your game callsign or with the forum nickname, as I couldn't register my forum nickname as callsign. As I guess it will be easier to coordinate with the opponents from the PM system here, I will use my forum nickname.

Thank you for your effort!!

Prussian last question.

Only Lance 20M will play but can mechbay modify mechs according to myself?
In the tournament, or do we have to use only the basic mechs without mechabay adjustment?

Prussian last question.

Only Lance 20M will play but can mechbay modify mechs according to myself?
In the tournament, or do we have to use only the basic mechs without mechabay adjustment?
Great question Good Sir! :bow:

As stated in Tournament Specifics #1 above, this will be a "Stock Only" Tournament, so Mechbay Modified Mechs can not be used. It is my hope that other gamers hold tournaments too. Maybe one of the next tournaments will include Mech Customization. There really can be something for everyone, if enough gamers hold tournaments. : )

Great question Good Sir! :bow:

As stated in Tournament Specifics #1 above, this will be a "Stock Only" Tournament, so Mechbay Modified Mechs can not be used. It is my hope that other gamers hold tournaments too. Maybe one of the next tournaments will include Mech Customization. There really can be something for everyone, if enough gamers hold tournaments. : )

OK

cool can't wait. i'm signed up aswell. @Prussian Havoc I would recommend, that you put all these rules on the challonge side aswell. And that you think about some punichments for failing to complie with the rules. everybody being nice and friendly is a good thing and i hope that we will have no problems. But setting up penalites beforhand should make it easier to resolve conflicts if they arise.

Last edited:
And that you think about some punichments for failing to complie with the rules.

When you create a PvP match, you can select if "Only stock 'Mechs" and if "Full Lance required" (well, that one I'm not 100% sure but I think so), plus the maximum Cbills allowed. So selecting these options should fix most of the rules. Regarding the mods, if I remember well, in some dev-pre-launch-stream they mentioned that, for multiplayer, mods can work only if both players have the same mod installed (compares the json files), otherwise the program doesn't recognise those changes...

The problem is if you have to play the match with someone that has already created the game and refuses to select those options. It shouldn't happen, but if it does, I would do a screenshot and report it (without playing the game, otherwise may seem that you're a bad looser). Obviously, this is only my opinion/suggestion. But I would like to think that we all understand this is for fun, and we are all grown-up enough to follow the rules to provide fair play :) call me naive

Cheers