• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hang on... do city maps mean we'll finally see UrbanMechs fielded by the OpFor?

I mean, cities are supposed to be the environment they're built for.

"Here we see an Urbie in its natural habitat . . . owning people in the back outside a Sev."

Hang on... do city maps mean we'll finally see UrbanMechs fielded by the OpFor?

I mean, cities are supposed to be the environment they're built for.

the great thing about mods....is ive had the urbie in th opfor for months....:p

Will being in a city map have any affect on what units we face? Would be kind of silly to be fighting shreks and jagers in a city when SRM carriers and hunchbacks would be a bigger threat.

Will being in a city map have any affect on what units we face? Would be kind of silly to be fighting shreks and jagers in a city when SRM carriers and hunchbacks would be a bigger threat.

I agree in principle, but the BATTLETECH reality is supposed to be that mechs are as rare as hen's teeth and you fight with whatever you have available. There's an Archer on the cover of the CityTech box...

I agree in principle, but the BATTLETECH reality is supposed to be that mechs are as rare as hen's teeth and you fight with whatever you have available. There's an Archer on the cover of the CityTech box...

I just hate seeing nothing but shreks and demolishers in the late game. Especially when missile carriers are still a big threat even with their lower weight.

I have a question. Way back in the day HBS said one of the DLCs would be free for backers. Is this still in the plans?

you wouldnt by chance recall where this was said...like a kickstarter update?

I have a question. Way back in the day HBS said one of the DLCs would be free for backers. Is this still in the plans?
Do you perhaps mean all of the backer content such as soundtrack and artbook, or perhaps the shadowhawk preorder skin that was said to be free for backers?

I'm 99.99% certain that you may have perhaps misread sonething along the way @Colin Pryde .

There have been free base game Updates parallel to each DLC so far such as upcoming update 1.6, but none of the 3 expansion DLCs was ever to be free for Battletech to my knowledge, though as Timaeus explained some kickstarter or pre-order packages had some peripheral items such as he outlined.

I hope that helps sir. :bow:

It's definitely not in the KS updates, it may have been in one of the videos right after launch. It wasn't about the KS extras as those had all been delivered by that time, it was definitely about new content to be released after that point. 'Updates' and 'Expansions' hadn't been clearly defined yet so that may be the source of my confusion, they may have been referring to the free updates. If one of you can ask Mike, I'm sure he'll remember what this was about.

It's definitely not in the KS updates, it may have been in one of the videos right after launch. It wasn't about the KS extras as those had all been delivered by that time, it was definitely about new content to be released after that point. 'Updates' and 'Expansions' hadn't been clearly defined yet so that may be the source of my confusion, they may have been referring to the free updates. If one of you can ask Mike, I'm sure he'll remember what this was about.
Please note, we don't have special everyday access to the Devs either. You might be able to ask it if you view the live stream.