• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This thread named "BATTLETECH SUPPORT FAQ". And the FAQ post itself was last updated about a week ago. Is this normal? Where we should find info at least about solving some major problems?

Wrong Reply or Quote?
In my post is nothing that would justify a bug report.I have one open sure but it has nothing to do with the post in here.

This thread is a support FAQ for in game known issues and problems that may be encountered. If a player encounters a bug/crash/issue related to the game, and it's not covered in this thread per the opening post:

If you're a Kickstarter/Late Reinforcements Backer and having issues with backerkit/backer codes, please contact HBS via info@hbs-studios.com and HBS will help you out.

For all other topics that are not bugs/crashes please create a thread in the appropriate forum area, or find and post in an appropriately topical thread.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is not ingame so whats going on here?
  • If you can't find BATTLETECH in your Steam library, try restarting!
  • When launching from a desktop shortcut, you may notice the game re-launch itself before proceeding normally.
  • If graphic issues: Please make sure that all of your graphics drivers are up to date and verify your game files!
  • Account registration is for MP only, not required for single player.

Sorry but this is not ingame so whats going on here?
  • If you can't find BATTLETECH in your Steam library, try restarting!
  • When launching from a desktop shortcut, you may notice the game re-launch itself before proceeding normally.
  • If graphic issues: Please make sure that all of your graphics drivers are up to date and verify your game files!
  • Account registration is for MP only, not required for single player.
Those are known issues players may encounter which is what this thread is about; however, players should not report bugs in this thread. They should report bug in the bug reports forum. This is and has been what I have been addressing.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

This Support FAQ is a list of know issues and other items to review before posting in the Bug report subforum.

Please click the threadmark, or read the OP. If you don't see any relevant info for your issue, proceed to click this link to report the issue.
Do not report undocumented issues in this thread as they will be buried by future discussion and then the Devs will not see it here to help inform the upcoming patch. Likewise please avoid off-topic discussion here as it muddies the waters for actual issues.

Posts disregarding this advice may experience unfortunate Jump drive malfunctions to the Far country to be used as nesting materials by the locals

Thank you.

Playing on another device I was able to do 1 whole playthrough. I tried a new playthrough and whenever I switch devices my files will not load or are corrupted. I know I switched resolutions on my computer. Do you think this may be the issue? Thanks.

I just bought the Digital Deluxe content, where is it?
IIRC try:

In Steam, Right click Battletech in the list on the left. Click properties. Click Local files tab. Browse local files. Check for an Extras folder.

That is buried deep, thank you!
Just a note, thats standard for Steam, so any other games will usually use a similar format. Enjoy!

My issue (which was different but similar) was fixed by browsing to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH and deleting the profiles.dat file. This deletes your login to the paradox servers and seems to also delete and refresh the game settings. Then run a file verification using Steam or GOG or whatever (if you're using the standalone installer then just execute that and run a repair). After which it started just fine for me.

Everyone is getting hot GPU with 100% utilization, should be priority to fix, otherwise people will stay away.
Not everyone is getting a hot GPU issue... Measured over a two hour play session my GPU only hit 62C. Seems to be mostly nVidia users from what I have seen posted. Sounds more like a driver issue if that is the case.

Not everyone is getting a hot GPU issue... Measured over a two hour play session my GPU only hit 62C. Seems to be mostly nVidia users from what I have seen posted. Sounds more like a driver issue if that is the case.

Nope its really bad, and i almost didnt buy because of it, everyone was talking about this issue. I tried it and my amd GPU was running hotter than ever before.

Just not sure I am understanding the issue. I have two different systems I run the game on. One for my main gaming rig and one for my travel/backup gaming rig. Both run the game using a Vega 56 with no heat issues at all, stay low to mid 60C. These are not water cooler, just on air out of the box setups. I am running the current AMD drivers.

Just not sure I am understanding the issue. I have two different systems I run the game on. One for my main gaming rig and one for my travel/backup gaming rig. Both run the game using a Vega 56 with no heat issues at all, stay low to mid 60C. These are not water cooler, just on air out of the box setups. I am running the current AMD drivers.

I will say this, vsync increases temps by like 20c, best to remove that feature completely, and rely on amd frame rate control, thats what i have done, and my gpu temps are barely making it.

I have tried through steam to get the game up to date with the patches, but I am constantly having issues with them and their support. Yes, I have followed the step by step methods to fix the issues, but that didnt work. Please tell me that you wont punish your fans by working with them again.
Frustration levels are getting kinda high at the moment (maybe because im still recovering from surgery) but I am tired of not being able to play an awesome game. Went to my paradox account to download the game. Contacted Paradox for support due to the game not wanting to install after reaching 5/7 on updates. Hoping that I can play the game this weekend and work out some of the frustration, but dont know if that will happen.
I know that some of these issues are "Normal", and some folks will shake their head in disbelief because they find it easy to fix, but some folks, like me, have had TBI and find some things to do rather difficult. If reading this has been difficult, just imagine that 10x and thats how frustrating it is to work at getting something like steam too "Upload" updates when they have had the same issues for years and just cant seem to fix it.
Update: Paradox cant help me either. Told that the game is in "Beta" still. and will have to run the game in another mode.

Last edited: