• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you have a giant curved monitor you're screwed. I can play on 1900x1200 on a little square in the middle of my monitor, or force 3440x1440 res through the Unity console, then it crops the top and bottom of the display. Support tells me oops 3440x1440 is not supported and some displays can not be recognized. WTF

Yes, I entered the code and received the Atlas and Shadowhawk skins but no actual Atlas mech to play in the game, which was originally part of the early Backer rewards package for $50 pledges, very similar to the Founders' Atlas that PGI gave to its backers when MWO went live.

Along with the $50 reward language cited above in my post, here is my receipt, dated December 4, 2015, which lists 1 Variant, Atlas 'Mech as a pledge item down at the very bottom of the invoice.

JPR%20BATTLETECH%20BackerKit%20Receipt_zps4hznbyco.jpg

So I think all the $50 early backers are owed Atlases, which should have been delivered in our accounts on Tuesday when the game went live.

My question as well, If I need to start a new campaign tell me now before I get too far into the one i'm currently running. Has anyone gotten their Atlas?

I see, you don't get given a free atlas at the start of the campaign :)
When, during the normal course of the campaign you come across an atlas then you will get the backer skinned variant.

So what your saying is I need to fight an Atlas before my Atlas shows up in my inventory? Or i need to acquire an Atlas just to get some useless Skin? Either way that's the most useless pre-order bonus ever.

Hey thanks for your $85 dollars, once you unlock this beast many hours into the campaign here's a cool skin to use on it.

One thing I just noticed is in my captains quarters I've got an Atlas Model on my desk, if that is the supposed "bonus" i wont be very happy
No everyone has that.
As I said before, you get your atlas when it's appropriate to the campaign (I haven't played that far so I can't comment on when or how that will be) but to give it to you right away would be unbalanced. Your first couple of missions would be a cake walk right up until the costs make you go bankrupt!

Still having trouble loading. Getting the following error:

There has been an error. Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file.

Has anybody found a solution yet? Mac user, have tried un installing, restarting, emptying cache... nothing changes.

Thanks!

I see, you don't get given a free atlas at the start of the campaign :)
When, during the normal course of the campaign you come across an atlas then you will get the backer skinned variant.

With all due respect, that's not what we backers at the $50 level and above were promised, as my original documentation clearly shows. A Backers Variant Atlas was supposed to be delivered at game release when we all made our pledges in 2015, two-and-a-half years ago. It was the big selling point in making the decision to contribute either $35 or $50, and most of us chose to go big just for that Atlas.

The HBS pitch was that this level of reward was very similar to PGI's Founders program for MWO in 2011, in which backers received a Founders Atlas AS7-D(F) at launch for providing the early seed money to get that game off the ground. I remember the excitement very well and the ensuing discussions and hype can be found on Youtube interviews with Weisman and the various Reddit and gaming boards from 2015.

Now, immediately after release, we find out that there were long strings attached, and that the Backers' Variant Atlas is only available after defeating another Atlas (or more (!) in campaign)?

I'm sorry but this is not what we were promised, and it reeks of a bait and switch scheme. We thought that HBS had more integrity than PGI in this regard, but I guess were wrong.

VERY disappointing.

There should be a key that is redeemable at the link I provided. It's possible that it may be the shadowhawk key in which case try redeeming it in game?

I used the Shadowhawk key to activate the multiplayer ingame.

In the Paradox web that same serial key keeps saying INVALID CODE so i cannot register the game in the forums.

Are you sure they aren't TWO DIFFERENT serial keys? Or maybe the ones who got the game from GoG can't register the game here.

I used the Shadowhawk key to activate the multiplayer ingame.

In the Paradox web that same serial key keeps saying INVALID CODE so i cannot register the game in the forums.

Are you sure they aren't TWO DIFFERENT serial keys? Or maybe the ones who got the game from GoG can't register the game here.
There should be a key to redeem here provided by GOG. If you're not getting the PDX key I'd contact gog to see about getting one so you can register.

With all due respect, that's not what we backers at the $50 level and above were promised, as my original documentation clearly shows. A Backers Variant Atlas was supposed to be delivered at game release when we all made our pledges in 2015, two-and-a-half years ago. It was the big selling point in making the decision to contribute either $35 or $50, and most of us chose to go big just for that Atlas.

The HBS pitch was that this level of reward was very similar to PGI's Founders program for MWO in 2011, in which backers received a Founders Atlas AS7-D(F) at launch for providing the early seed money to get that game off the ground. I remember the excitement very well and the ensuing discussions and hype can be found on Youtube interviews with Weisman and the various Reddit and gaming boards from 2015.

Now, immediately after release, we find out that there were long strings attached, and that the Backers' Variant Atlas is only available after defeating another Atlas (or more (!) in campaign)?

I'm sorry but this is not what we were promised, and it reeks of a bait and switch scheme. We thought that HBS had more integrity than PGI in this regard, but I guess were wrong.

VERY disappointing.
HBS has been pretty consistent at clarifying when asked that the Atlas is a that can be applied, not an actual variant. Under the rewards section where HBS talks about the Atlas variant it is even called out as cosmetic. This skin is available in skirmish at any time, and at the appropriate time in the campaign.
c738fa1db5b68400109c2de2d0d45feb_original.jpg

HBS has been pretty consistent at clarifying when asked that the Atlas is a that can be applied, not an actual variant. Under the rewards section where HBS talks about the Atlas variant it is even called out as cosmetic. This skin is available in skirmish at any time, and at the appropriate time in the campaign.
c738fa1db5b68400109c2de2d0d45feb_original.jpg

That graphic with the word "cosmetic" was published sometime after we made our pledges in 2015. In the documentation we have from that time, including my receipt here, the words "cosmetic" and "skin" are not mentioned, just Variant-Atlas 'Mech.

And courtesy of the Wayback Machine, here is the original Kickstarter rewards page, where it is clear that HBS is offering a Backer-Only Atlas Variant mech with a cool paint job as part of the $50 package.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015100...m/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/rewards

There are no strings or qualifications in these 2015 Kickstarter descriptions. So I don't see how you can explain these away with a graphic that obviously came much later. This bait and switch is not fair to the $50 backers and should be remedied by HBS.

VERY disappointing.

I completely Agree, I also purchased the first day of the kickstarter and I have the same documentation stating a FREE ATLAS MECH, nowhere does it state skin. Why would I pay $85 dollars for some cosmetic crap that has no relevant impact on how I enjoy the game.

In other words the people who paid $30 dollars get the exact same game as I do minus a couple of skins I can put on my mechs plus some extra Valhalla crap which quite frankly is very underwhelming for the dollar value paid for it.

This is what comes with the $85 Valhalla Level Backer Reward and this is copied right from my Backerkit.

PLEDGE ITEMS
QTY
ITEM
1 Badge of the Order
1 BATTLETECH Key Steam
1 BT - Art of BATTLETECH PDF
1 BT BETA Access
1 BT E-Novella
1 BT Soundtrack
1 Customizable Drop Ship Decorative Items
1 Forum Coupon Code - Initiate of the Order
1 House Wallpaper
1 Order of Valhalla Paint Schemes
1 Stage One Skirmish Beta Access
1 Valhalla Forum Access
1 Vallhalla Forum Icon
1 Variant - Atlas 'Mech

Notice the last item, Nowhere does it say Skin, it says a Variant - Atlas Mech. Or I suppose your going to tell me i'm reading that wrong.

Last edited:
That graphic with the word "cosmetic" was published sometime after we made our pledges in 2015. In the documentation we have from that time, including my receipt here, the words "cosmetic" and "skin" are not mentioned, just Variant-Atlas 'Mech.

And courtesy of the Wayback Machine, here is the original Kickstarter rewards page, where it is clear that HBS is offering a Backer-Only Atlas Variant mech with a cool paint job as part of the $50 package.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015100...m/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/rewards

There are no strings or qualifications in these 2015 Kickstarter descriptions. So I don't see how you can explain these away with a graphic that obviously came much later. This bait and switch is not fair to the $50 backers and should be remedied by HBS.
The graphic did not come later. check the campaign tab of the wayback machine link and it is there. This has not changed.

For those of you not wanting to click the link the exact wording is as follows, and is quite frankly a no brainer.

"A BACKER-ONLY VARIANT of the Atlas Assault Mech with an Exclusive Model and Paint Job"

Now for you people arguing that this was only meant to be skin they shot themselves in the foot by adding "with an Exclusive model and Paint Job" Key word being WITH. So we ARE supposed to get an Atlas with a unique model AND SKIN, not ONLY SKIN.

For those of you not wanting to click the link the exact wording is as follows, and is quite frankly a no brainer.

"A BACKER-ONLY VARIANT of the Atlas Assault Mech with an Exclusive Model and Paint Job"

Now for you people arguing that this was only meant to be skin they shot themselves in the foot by adding "with an Exclusive model and Paint Job" Key word being WITH. So we ARE supposed to get an Atlas with a unique model AND SKIN, not ONLY SKIN.
The one on the right (ATLAS-SBA) is the Backer Atlas (model and skin), The one in the front is the Valhalla Skin. The other two are Atlas with normal in-game patterns.
capa.PNG

The one on the right (ATLAS-SBA) is the Backer Atlas (model and skin), The one in the front is the Valhalla Skin. The other two are Atlas with normal in-game patterns.
capa.PNG
That's all fine and dandy, that doesn't answer my last point about them promising a Mech and not delivering one. The wording is clear as day that they promised a mech, As the previous poster stated that's the only reason I backed above the 50$ level.

That's all fine and dandy, that doesn't answer my last point about them promising a Mech and not delivering one. The wording is clear as day that they promised a mech, As the previous poster stated that's the only reason I backed above the 50$ level.
Respectfully, and again, please understand that it was never promised that the Atlas would be in the campaign from the very beginning. When asked HBS clarified repeatedly that the Atlas would be cosmetic only, and available at an appropriate time in the campaign. It is always available in skirmish and multiplayer.

backer atlas.jpg

If you're still not happy with this you are more than welcome to email info@hbs-studios.com and HBS will work with you.
Timaeus

If you're still not happy with this you are more than welcome to email info@hbs-studios.com and HBS will work with you.
Timaeus

The post you're citing above is from 2017 and NOT two years before in 2015 when we originally sent in our $50 based on the Kickstarter rewards description as stated at that time. That later explanation was made long after the fact. And I also might point out that the multiplayer mode was subsequently curtailed to be almost pointless, so making that variant only available to that mode is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst.

I already have talked to customer support, and they are refusing to work with us. It's take it or leave it. So this feels exactly like a PGI-type screw job. Seems that Jordan Weisman's business ethics are no better than Russ Bullock's. No more upfront money to HBS ever again then since the company obviously has no problem lying to its backers and squelching on delivery of certain promised rewards.

Can't trust anybody these days to live up to their obligations.

The post you're citing above is from 2017 and NOT two years before in 2015 when we originally sent in our $50 based on the Kickstarter rewards description as stated at that time. That later explanation was made long after the fact. And I also might point out that the multiplayer mode was subsequently curtailed to be almost pointless, so making that variant only available to that mode is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst.

I already have talked to customer support, and they are refusing to work with us. It's take it or leave it. So this feels exactly like a PGI-type screw job. Seems that Jordan Weisman's business ethics are no better than Russ Bullock's. No more upfront money to HBS ever again then since the company obviously has no problem lying to its backers and squelching on delivery of certain promised rewards.

Can't trust anybody these days to live up to their obligations.
That post was one of many statements that HBS has done to clarify when asked what the plan was for the Backer Atlas.
Again, please understand that HBS never promised being able to get the Atlas from the start, or that the Atlas is anything more than cosmetic. Pointing to your receipt, or the Kickstarter page (when the page itself clarifies that it's cosmetic only, and never stated when the player would get access to it) will not change the fact that what is being claimed, backtracking on a promise, has not occurred.

Last edited: