• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Was able to run for few missions in the campaign with some issues with accounts, somehow got past it and was able to load a campaign. Mucked around and tried moving from HDD to SSD. Then started getting the stuck at the revolving hints loading screen when starting a new campaign, no old campaigns found.
Tried the following:
1) Uninstall /Reinstall No change in waiting
2) Logged onto Steam and did an offline Steam, (Still stuck)
3) Logged into Paradox
a) New campaign stuck on load
b) Heraldy change stuck on it's own load screen
c) redeem lock code , tried using the same lock code that I used to activate. Spinner comes up and after a bit. It came back and said invalid code.
4) Disconnect my internet and did Steam offline
Same load at hints, BUT, the hint spinner is going warp speed, alas no movement past the hints
5) Output log shows activity on the game then some system exe run and then nothing after that. THe output log file just stops recording after about 30-90 seconds.

I would guess that it is trying to log in to Paradox and dying, no timeout, no feed back, just waiting.

Outstanding Resource!

Teaching us to fish for ourselves is so very preferable. :bow: Though no doubt the original issue, problem and concern will occur from time to time.

I'll go ahead later tonight and add a link for this thread to my Signature Block below. : )

Drivers updatet because of this post
Gamefiles checked with Steam, all fine
PC tops the minimum and maximum
Ryzen 1600x
GTX1070
16 GB Ram
SSD for Games

EDIT: Also reinstalled (downloaded) the Game, same issues

The moment I click on "New Campain" Task-Manager shows some aktion from the BatteTech.exe. just for about 5-10 seconds...
Then it seems to go to sleep and nothing happens. Just black screen with the loading circle in the top left.

3.3 Hours played and it is still the best Loading-Screen Simulator I´ve ever played! =)
Sadly, nothing I tried worked out.

I just found a... bug I guess?
When changing Video setting and try to start a new Campaign without restarting the game, the tiny little Loading-Circle some kind of escalates and runs 30 times faster then normal.

I tried many different Video-Settings, with and without V-Sync, Windowed and Full-Screen
Logged in and without Account in the top right (Paradox Account)
Installed 3 times now, Steam fixed nothing from the Game Files
Deleted the BattleTech.exe and the 2 remaining *.txt files int the BattleTech folder and Steam replaced them
Searched the web and all solutions told me to "let Steam check the Files... Steam will fix this problem..."

I´m wondering what the BattleTech.exe is doing?!? It is not completly fallen asleep. Sometimes there is a 0.1 MB/s usage from the SDD... Then there are some Differences in Memory usage... then deadline again.

I keep getting to a black screen with an FPS counter at the upper right corner after the splash screen for HBS, Paradox, and then I get the Atlas face logo, then just nothing. Checked resource monitor, there doesn't seem to be any activity.
PC Specs: Well exceeded
Drivers: Up to date
Game Restart: Done
Computer reboot: Done
Verified game cache: Done
Goat: sacrificed

I am out of ideas, I'd take anything at this point.
Been sitting at this blank screen for 15 minutes in the longest stretch.

So I've been up playing For something like 12 hours. I was in a Missions and started the second movement phase not a big deal, game crashes hard, I had to end process. I load game back up, and attempt to go back to my campaign, The load button is grey, and the Continue button does nothing.... I've been saving constantly. What happened?

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    105,5 KB · Views: 9
How do I connect my game bought at GOG to my Paradox account, so that I see it among my games in my profile?

GoG should have provided you with a key (probably have to view the game in your library from a browser to see it) enter the key here: https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/redeem

I would have thought so too. But the only serial keys that I have on GOG is for the Shadow Hawk DLC, and the redeem page on Paradox says that key is invalid.

I would have thought so too. But the only serial keys that I have on GOG is for the Shadow Hawk DLC, and the redeem page on Paradox says that key is invalid.
There should be a key that is redeemable at the link I provided. It's possible that it may be the shadowhawk key in which case try redeeming it in game?

I assume that is a STEAM Key. Not a Paradox key.
A key provided by GoG. if you have steam the shadowhawk skin should be automatically applied if you preordered.

No answer for the "Unlimited Loading Screen" bug yet?
I find many people here and in the Steam forums aswell having that problem. And there is nothing that helps?
Makes me sad...
So sorry to hear you have problems. We are working very hard day and night to solve all the issues players might have at the moment. Please hang tight and keep a look on forums for updates and solutions.

So sorry to hear you have problems. We are working very hard day and night to solve all the issues players might have at the moment. Please hang tight and keep a look on forums for updates and solutions.
Any ETA on some communication? I’m currently unable to play because I’m very uncomfortable with it pushing my GPU to 100% at all times.

No communication or acknowledgement about crashing issues, specifically with regards to those of us crashing upon launching the campaign. This game is in an unacceptable state for release and I will be thinking twice about spending money on HBS games in the future. Please rectify the issue or at the very least communicate that you are aware and working towards solving it.

or at the very least communicate that you are aware and working towards solving it.

@emmasterakia has done that two posts above you :)

Emma, I hope your PDX overlords are giving you a nice long break once all the hitches have been sorted out, you people deserve it.

@emmasterakia has done that two posts above you :).

That was to a unrelated issue and i'm more looking for an ETA, not a vague promise from a community manager. I paid my money, launching the game's campaign should not be an issue at all and this should be a top priority - since it seems a not insignificant number of people are experiencing the same problem - that is addressed on more official channels, not hidden on a forum thread three pages in.