• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About to write cranky post about why being able to pre-load when the first thing it does after unlocking is start downloading updates (why not part of the pre-load?)

*game finishes updating in 10 mins instead of the 2 hours it was telling me*

Now.. 'scuse me... i gots some mechs to smash

Just so that we are clear: it doesnt download updates, it DECRYPTS your pre-load so that you can play it..

After force quitting due to code registering taking too long the music now has stopped playing after relaunching the game multiple times...

Came back after a while. Maybe the game had some cached files to renew.

Last edited:
Only glitch so far is 21:9 scaling is a mess. Forced to run black bars at 2560x1440 instead of my monitors 3440x1440.

anyone using steam verify your cash then restart steam i can login in now, sadly the new campaign loading its taking awhile now nearly 5 minutes of hang time and counting.
EDIT: CTD for some reason may have been me Alt+F4 restarted it login says im now in offline mode cant connect hell aslong as my profile is there started new campaign it quickly went from 1fps too 500-600fps and the windows working mouse icon appeared and it just hangs there again not sure what to do here guys.

Last edited:
I was having a problem on the Callsign/Customization screen. Couldn't back out cause it said my callsign was missing and couldn't advance by clicking save. I did an alt-F4 and restarted the game. I was not signed in, so I tried that again on the top right and it loaded my callsign, heraldry, and mech customization colors as I had saved them before.

Clicked Campaign/New and was on my way, good to go.

So hey, apparently the direct download from the Humble store is corrupted. The setup .exe won't extract properly. Just spent an hour and a half downloading for nothing.
Just tried it ourselves here and it worked fine. It could be something wrong with Humbles download or something like necessary admin access. Have you tried again?

Hey guys,

now game is already online :).

However there might be some difficulties.

In my game everything went fine - instead the cut scene, intro etc.

This will always not shown; however i can skip via esc to go on in game.

Do you have a solution for that? or maybe the same problems?

Thz for help in advance :)

Just tried it ourselves here and it worked fine. It could be something wrong with Humbles download or something like necessary admin access. Have you tried again?
I've got my second direct download going now. My first attempt to torrent it had the same result. Two other people are confirming the same issue over in the Bug Report thread I started.

e: And it's not a permissions issue. I'm the only user on my PC, have full admin permissions for my user profile, and the bundled game files extracted properly. It's specifically the setup .exe.

Last edited:
Stuck at this screen after hitting "new campaign":
View attachment 360831
I don'T care about logging in into paradox server, I just want to play the campaign
eh, turns out it's a problem with me trying to mod my own logo in. Apparently I did something wrong and that did prevent the game from laoding. Oops.

eh, turns out it's a problem with me trying to mod my own logo in. Apparently I did something wrong and that did prevent the game from laoding. Oops.
I havent modded anything (yet) the game keeps hanging on the loading screen displaying helpful tips when i click new campaign even on skirmish theres no lance too choose from and freezes when i click battle amount. this is on steam btw. HELP HELP HELP i need my mech fix over here

Just finished my second direct download, exact same problem.

sytRG8K.png

WinRAR and 7Zip respectively.

I don't even care about DRM now, at this point I'd take a Steam key to have the game in working order.

e: COURTESY OF RAVENLORD AND SOME DUDE IN THE KICKSTARTER COMMENTS: USE WINDOWS' DEFAULT ARCHIVE EXTRACTION TO GET THE FILES UNZIPPED.

Last edited:
Just updated!

For any issues you're experiencing in game, first make sure that all of your Graphics drivers are up to date, that your PC surpasses the games minimum requirements, Verify the Integrity of Game Files from the game properties and restart the game.

Just updated!

For any issues you're experiencing in game, first make sure that all of your Graphics drivers are up to date, that your PC surpasses the games minimum requirements, Verify the Integrity of Game Files from the game properties and restart the game.

Drivers check, pc goes above spec check, verify cache check all systems green here. made a desktop icon so i know im running admin mode and it still hangs on the loading screen ive got 103 mintues in this game and its all been in the loading screens..... any ideas i really dont wanna leave a bad review as ive yet to actually play any of it yet.

EDIT: uninstalling and trying a fresh install (maybe there was something wrong with the preload)
will post it it clears.//////
Sadly no dice just keeps hanging on the load screen after clicking new campaign no idea here.

Last edited:
Just updated!

Drivers updatet because of this post
Gamefiles checked with Steam, all fine
PC tops the minimum and maximum
Ryzen 1600x
GTX1070
16 GB Ram
SSD for Games

EDIT: Also reinstalled (downloaded) the Game, same issues

The moment I click on "New Campain" Task-Manager shows some aktion from the BatteTech.exe. just for about 5-10 seconds...
Then it seems to go to sleep and nothing happens. Just black screen with the loading circle in the top left.